Announcement from the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization and New Sith Order

DragonsPhyre

In the interest of promoting the brown team to new members who do not seek a formal alliance at this time, GATO and NSO have come together to protect the alliance affiliation Brown Trade Partner from unprovoked attacks. We hope that we can grow the brown trade sphere, which has been historically weak for trading, by giving unaligned nations a home where they can grow. We hope this mutually beneficial partnership can help foster new growth for our home in the brown sphere making trading off the cuff easier for all who call the sphere home. Any alliance may recruit from this alliance as well as engage in tech dealing with their nations. We only ask that you screen shot proof of the tech transaction so if any problems arise, we can revoke protection if need be. Nations must be on the brown team and have the AA Brown Trade Partner to receive protection. If they want to declare aggressive wars on their own, that's fine, but they will deal with the consequences on their own. If you believe a nation is using this AA to escape legitimate punishment, just show us cause to revoke their protection and we'll be happy to oblige.

The full text of the treaty follows:
[quote][u][b][color="#A0522D"][size="5"][center]Brown Trade Partner Protection Accord[/center][/size][/color][/b][/u]

[b]Preamble[/b]

In an effort to preserve Brown Team economic trade and to grow the Brown trading sphere the undersigned alliances agree to protect the alliance affiliation "Brown Trade Partner" from unprovoked attacks.

[b]Article I: Brown Trade Partner Membership[/b]

To receive the benefit of protection afforded through this accord nations must be on the Brown Team trading sphere and wear the alliance affiliation Brown Trade Partner. Any nation that fails to meet both conditions of this article will forfeit protection.

[b]Article II: Protection[/b]

All nations who meet both conditions of Article I will be protected from unprovoked attacks.

Signatory alliances will provide diplomatic and if necessary military support. Military means will only be used when all diplomatic efforts have been exhausted.

A Brown Trade Partner nation that engages in aggressive action will forfeit protection.

[b]Article III: Miscellaneous Provisions[/b]

All nations flying the Brown Trade Partner alliance affiliation are free to be recruited by, trade with, and engage in any economic dealings with any nation or alliance.

[b]Article IV: Protector Alliances[/b]

By signing this accord all undersigned alliances agree to protect the Brown Trade Partner alliance affiliation from unprovoked attacks as outlined in this treaty.

Any alliance may sign or leave this accord by informing the other signatories of this accord of their intent to do so.

Signed,

Laserwolf, Assembly Chairman
DragonsPhyre, Minister of Foreign Affairs
cr24, Minister of Domestic Affairs
Kubla Khan, Minister of Finance
Mightyspoon, Minister of Defense

Heggo, Sovereign of the Sith
Lennox, Dark Lord
Jrenster, Sith Lord
Heft, Sith Lord
Doppelganger, Sith Lord
Rebel Virginia, Sith Lord[/quote]

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck...I imagine you will need it.

Just to cut to the chase, this is a NONE alternative on Brown that will be administered by the two alliances named here. Will there be some activity or other membership requirements or can anyone on Brown simply sit on this "AA" and receive protection?

Finally, will the protection be of a military nature or simply diplomatic to free raided nations?

Great to see this come to pass.

o/ NSO
o/ GATO
o/ Brown

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1284478992' post='2453618']

Just to cut to the chase, this is a NONE alternative on Brown that will be administered by the two alliances named here. Will there be some activity or other membership requirements or can anyone on Brown simply sit on this "AA" and receive protection?

Finally, will the protection be of a military nature or simply diplomatic to free raided nations?
[/quote]

[quote][b]Article II: Protection[/b]

All nations who meet both conditions of Article I will be protected from unprovoked attacks.

Signatory alliances will provide diplomatic and if necessary military support. Military means will only be used when all diplomatic efforts have been exhausted.

A Brown Trade Partner nation that engages in aggressive action will forfeit protection.[/quote]

Edited by kevin32891

[quote name='ProdigyNL' timestamp='1284478608' post='2453610']
Awesome to see such a thing, im only sad to see that not more alliances signed/where invited to sign this document.
[/quote]
I'll double check it personally when I have some time later, but I believe the other alliances we talked to about it weren't really interested in it.

[quote name='Buds The Man' timestamp='1284478687' post='2453611']
interesting to say the least. Nice concept but doomed to fail IMO.
[/quote]
I think it will work out well enough myself. We will have to see how it goes. Not all the benefits and drawbacks are going to be immediately apparent. If it fails, then at least we have tried it and seen it for ourselves. If it works like I believe it will, then Brown will be a more vibrant trading environment and all Brown residents can reap the benefits. This is why it's a cooperative effort.

[quote name='Rampage3' timestamp='1284478992' post='2453618']

[/quote]

This is not a haven for fugitives, if thats what you mean. These nations are those who simply want to play without joining an alliance. They forfit protection if they partcipate in aggressive wars.

GATOs policy on protection is always diplomacy first. Why waste the money and energy on a war when you can simply ask nicely? Usually works wonders.

[quote name='ProdigyNL' timestamp='1284478608' post='2453610']
Awesome to see such a thing, im only sad to see that not more alliances signed/where invited to sign this document.
[/quote]

[quote name='DragonsPhyre' timestamp='1284479322' post='2453626']
I'll double check it personally when I have some time later, but I believe the other alliances we talked to about it weren't really interested in it.
[/quote]

FnKa was not approached, not that we would be in any functional position to offer protection to newer nations. Ah, the burden of nukes.

I congratulate NSO and GATO on making such a bold move and hope it works out for the best. :D

I once tried to make something along these lines, only to be laughed at and mocked. Glad to see someone else thinks along the same lines.

Edited by nutkase

[quote name='DeadAnimal' timestamp='1284479605' post='2453636']
FnKa was not approached, not that we would be in any functional position to offer protection to newer nations. Ah, the burden of nukes.
[/quote]
We can talk about this later today then. The first moves in making this were before I was in office, so I'm not fully aware of who was and wasn't approached. My apologies for the oversight and that also applies to any others we missed.

[quote name='DragonsPhyre' timestamp='1284479872' post='2453644']
We can talk about this later today then. The first moves in making this were before I was in office, so I'm not fully aware of who was and wasn't approached. My apologies for the oversight and that also applies to any others we missed.
[/quote]

Yeah, at the time this was being discussed FnKA was not yet on brown.

This isn't at all an anti-raiding statement or anything of that sort. This is a we need some more nations on brown because the trading situation is pretty dire kind of thing. This may not add significant numbers to brown but without a large alliance moving over (not likely)then this is probably one of the better ideas to get some sort of flow over to the brown sphere. This kind of thing would probably have a better effect on blue, green, red, and black. The common starting spheres. As one of the smallest trading spheres we kind of need some sort of advantage when it comes to garnering nations for our trading pool. I hope this helps.

Edited by magicninja