The Rising {CNRPS}

Rebel Virginia

In Norfolk, Virginia, a man emerged. Not just any man, but a man's man. An epic man. A man who could bend trees with his bear hands. Yes, he has bear hands. He was very epic. He was Pope Bubba XIII, Pope of the World, and Hero of the Universe.

"Conquer the East Coast." he ordered, and so it was done. Settlements sprung across the East Coast, in Philadelphia, Washington, and Baltimore. All governed from Richmond.

"Build me an Army." he ordered, and so it was done. Five squadrons of B-52s were produced, and ten of each F-15s and F-16s. 200 M60 tanks rolled off of the glorious assembly lines of his glorious factories.

"Call this land Rebel Virginia." he ordered, and a magnificent standard was raised over his castle.

All was well, and he reseted. And then the news of the dragons came, terrorizing peasants in the untamed land to the west. Something had to be done. So he pondered. He pondered long. "Call our allies." he barked to his generals. "The world must be made safe for humans once again. God wills it." And so it was done.

OOC: My claim.

cnrpsrvpx6.png

In Norfolk, Virginia, a man emerged. Not just any man, but a man's man. An epic man. A man who could bend trees with his bear hands. Yes, he has bear hands. He was very epic. He was Pope Bubba XIII, Pope of the World, and Hero of the Universe.

"Conquer the East Coast." he ordered, and so it was done. Settlements sprung across the East Coast, in Philadelphia, Washington, and Baltimore. All governed from Richmond.

"Build me an Army." he ordered, and so it was done. Five squadrons of B-52s were produced, and ten of each F-15s and F-16s. 200 M60 tanks rolled off of the glorious assembly lines of his glorious factories.

"Call this land Rebel Virginia." he ordered, and a magnificent standard was raised over his castle.

All was well, and he reseted. And then the news of the dragons came, terrorizing peasants in the untamed land to the west. Something had to be done. So he pondered. He pondered long. "Call our allies." he barked to his generals. "The world must be made safe for humans once again. God wills it." And so it was done.

OOC: My claim.

cnrpsrvpx6.png

OOC: Can't you try to make a nation that doesn't kill other nations all the time? :P

The Storm Dragons hadn't encountered any peasants.. they didn't even know the Rebel Virginians were on the eastern seaboard. There had been no humans before.. but the storm dragons were content to believe the man might be using propaganda. It took a while for linguists to really make out what they were saying, but afterward they were quite disturbed. They moved their forces into the mountains of east Kentucky where they fortified and entrenched. They were preparing for potential trouble.

A message went out over the radio to Rebel Virgina in their language, "Greetings humanoids. We mean you no harm. Welcome to North America."

"With the glorious invention of the assembly line we can produce things very, very fast." proclaimed the Pope. "With Fighter Piloting for Dummies we can train pilots very, very fast."

"But sir, they won't be very good." said General Adams.

"Silence!" he proclaimed after shooting the general in the head. "No one corrects Pope Bubba. Pope Bubba is too epic to be corrected. Now, someone go tell the dragons that they shall be destroyed. By the power of Lemuria, they shall be destroyed."

"They don't seem to be listening sir.." One of the radiomen informed Furyion, we just got this message, "You shall be destroyed. By the power of Lemuria, you shall be destroyed."

Furyion snorted, "Destroyed indeed, make sure we're well entrenched in the hills. Make sure all installations are in a state of readiness. Get the FLAK and SAM sites (1950's vintage) prepped in case this gets ugly. Make sure the tanks are positioned to ambush at any passes through the mountains and ensure the ATV trails are manned and the rifle teams are well hidden with good landscape view. Get our rangers and scouts embedded all along the ridge lines and have artillery prepped just over the ridges of the hills. Make sure we have 10 divisions watching those mountains. So fare they're the most hostile group we've encountered."

He carried out the orders.. As the troops moved trough the hills. They cursed the damn weather. Gusting winds were making everything messy in the higher mountains that night.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

ooc: I hadn't checked the charts at the time to realize 100 tech was actually 1975. I thought the scale was steeper than it was for early technologies. So they technically have more than I initially thought I had when I had created my tech page.

OOC: Another question..where do dragons get the evolutionary incentive to MAKE tools? Wings mean Aeroplanes and ground transport is now redundant, and that means the combustion engine is greatly less useful. Naval technology would be limited I assume, and once you try to get into space, think of the size of the rockets needed just to get a few people up then multiply that by a big amount. Then we have no reason for firearms due to natural hunting tools such as claws, the reason humans developed tools is because we are big bags of meat with few natural defenses.

*remembers the fantasy in the title*

Nevermind, there goes my argument.

Edited by BaronUberstein

ooc: Due to the implementation of a new tech scale that puts 4000 tech at 1990s.. we now have 1950s technology for both me and Reb. So yes, there are early sams, early jets.. and flak systems are still very deadly. Suggest edit posts to utilize new technology indicators, I know I will be. I get the impression this will be the beginning of a Dragon/Human cold war on the eastern seaboard ^..^