War slot filling

jerdge

I can't find any authoritative document which contains the "War slot filling" rule which Severus Snape was linking to in [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=5513&view=findpost&p=150810"]this very old post[/url], and which would read:
[quote][b]War slot filling[/b]
Intra alliance war drills are not permitted. This is deemed as war slot filling and nations involved will recieve in a ingame warning. Alliances are only permitted to declare war on individual nations flying the same affiliation as themselves if they have a legitimate in character reason. Military drills with allied alliances are permitted if both alliances are currently uninvolved in any inter alliance wars. If nations are caught fighting nations in an alliance they are allied to in the course of an inter alliance war they will recieve an ingame warning for illegal war slot filling.[/quote]

Assuming that the above rule is still valid, I am anyway unsure about the actual limits of the legitimacy of intra-AA wars.
It seems evident that intra-AA wars are never permitted when the alliance is involved in any inter-alliance war, and that a legitimate IC reason is needed for intra-AA wars to be OK. However, I have no idea about the criteria according to which the IC reason would be "legitimate" or not.

I take it for granted that:
1. No IC reason stands up if no actual fighting is made.
2. Ghost-busting and rogue-fighting are OK.
3. Acquiring the casualties for the NWM isn't a legitimate IC reason.

I am not sure:
4. Whether two members having an issue of any sort (that they want to resolve with a war) is a legitimate IC reason.
5. Whether two members being in an established RP session, within which a war makes sense, is a legitimate IC reason.

Thanks to whoever can help me in understanding this rule.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1328985523' post='2918479']
It's always been my understanding that warslot filling has more to do with actual attacks as opposed to the AAs of the two nations (the inter-alliance war bit notwithstanding).
[/quote]

It applies to both. As Donnerjack said, the conditions are the number of attacks being made, and/or competition for war slots (i.e You fill someone's slots so another alliance can't attack him).