So its the 26th and if your household is anything like mine you have a ton of turkey and so other meat to be nibbled on, so the question is what to do with this mound of meat taking space in your fridge, oven, etc. Here is a recipe I do which takes its influence from Turkish and Indian cuisine.
1.5 tsp cumin
1.5 tsp Coriander
1.5 tsp turmeric
1.5 tsp Ground ginger
300ml plain yoghurt (preferably Greek yoghurt)
30 ml lemon juice
2 tablespoon of flour
1/4 pint chicken stock
- Mix the spices and salt with yoghurt and lemon. stir until evenly mixed, then fold in the cubed turkey meat.
- Leave to marinate for at least 3 hours in the fridge.
- When the marinade is ready fry the chopped onions till light brown, then add the flour and dessicated coconut.
- Then remove from heat, add the turkey/marinade and then add stock/water mix.
- Bring back to the heat and stir constantly until piping hot.
- Pour the mix into an oven dish and cook at gas mark 3/160C/325F for no more than an hour.
- Serve with rice and garnished with chopped parsley, also a decent bottle of white wine does not go amiss.
SO what do you do with your Christmas meat pile? do you prepare a meal out of it or just stuff into sandwiches or something?