A Dark Templar Announcement

[quote name='Penkala' timestamp='1297649010' post='2631868']
No worries, Reb. I have carefully vetted both sides of this war and can assure you that CSN is being perfectly reasonable here.
[/quote]

CSN hitting on an ODP demanding 40k in tech for DT also entering on an ODP.

[b]Reasonable.[/b]

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='wickedj' timestamp='1297649011' post='2631869']
Pretty shameful...
[/quote]

How does it feel to be a moralist now?

[quote]they hit LoSS via no treaty, on a useless cb of logs saying we're better than SF[/quote]

Their treaty chain dropped at the last minute iirc. And the logs are not fabricated.

Edited by Penkala

No worries, Reb. I have carefully vetted both sides of this war and can assure you that CSN is being perfectly reasonable here.
[/quote]
So. Care to tell us how? Please, line everything up in one long post that is as thoughtful as you can make it. Then I'll have a jolly old time kicking it over like I'm Liz in a game of Jenga that isn't going her way.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1297648225' post='2631824']
As was mentioned in the OP, LoSS had no intention of accepting peace and had made that quite clear. The alliance that they had come in to defend, TIO, was still engaged, and they had no intention of leaving until TIO was out. CSN was quite aware of this.
[/quote]
How come LoSS is at peace now then?
I dunno, but your allies don't seem to care that much about you. An evil person might even suggest LoSS set you up here.

seems as if several nations on bob have lowered there presidential age requirement to the low teens or just feeling extremely bitter with planet bob. [b]just nuke each other and white peace :\[/b] i joined STA cause it was sooo sooo obvious polar was gonna get rolled(more targets if your on losing side :D) and i am happy to see it tbh but even i dont think they should get reps...dont mean to change topic just perspective /IC the shroomites of nation o shrooms say blow !@#$ up clean up then blow more !@#$ up in a few months not years...

edit: spelling :P

Edited by Shrooms

[quote name='DogeWilliam' timestamp='1297648879' post='2631862']
CSN has the right to ask for reps, even if it goes against the norm of this war in which most so far have gotten white peace. And rebel virginia, stop the propaganda. This is one front out of a multitude of fronts. The norm so far has been white peace. So your words about how 'evil' the winning side has been is hilarious.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Oh give me a break. I don't do propaganda. I do not call all alliances evil. Most are far from, as evidenced by the "white peace," however, there are exceptions. And once most peripheral alliances are out of the way you'll be seeing them act on the pettiness that characterizes much of them. DT is the first. There will be others.

Had it been a small amount of reparations, I'd be silent. While I detest by nature all forms of reparations, I realize I cannot fight every battle. But this far from reasonable. It must and should be decried by any and all decent men.[/color]

[quote name='Finnish Commie' timestamp='1297648882' post='2631863']
If DT is just spinning and twisting words here would CSN be so kind and give us an accurate view of the events? If not it seems that you have done goofed.
[/quote]
I will second this. I would [u]love[/u] to see CSN attempt to explain this.

<there was more of this post, but it was deemed unnecessary>

Edited by Zessa

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1297648303' post='2631829']
Knowing Xiph, I'm not surprised at all by the terms. As a low rent Electron Sponge, he's gotten by with this act for far too long.

I am also very disappointed that CSN would allow him to conduct any negotiations on their behalf.

DT...I will give you this suggestion: make them pay for every yard, every foot, every inch of ground. Don't give up until you get a just peace.
[/quote]

Just get Valhalla to step in and do something about it. You guys can change everything, what the hell is this I don't even...

Very gracious of DT to offer to write their own terms of surrender, to change them three (or more, I lost count) times, and to end with their only term being to accept an apology from the victors. May all alliances learn to adequately assess the damage they've caused like DT has :rolleyes:

Also, DT, learn to appoint someone to lead your negotiations, having TiTaN and myworld contradict each other constantly didn't do wonders for my confidence.

And if you want more advice, DT, go back to accepting 40k tech, with only 10k from your own alliance, and have LoSS's bloated member count pump out the other 30k as punishment for causing you to enter a war they left a few days later.

[quote name='Shrooms' timestamp='1297649290' post='2631886']
seems as if several nations on bob have lowered there presidential age requirement to the low teens or just feeling extremely bitter with planet bob. [b]just nuke each other and white peace :\[/b] i joined STA cause it was sooo sooo obvious polar was gonna get rolled(more targets if your on losing side :D) and i am happy to see it tbh but even i dont think they should get reps...dont mean to change topic just perspective /IC the shroomites of nation o shrooms say blow !@#$ up clean up then blow more !@#$ up in a few months not years...

edit: spelling :P
[/quote]

Do you export those shrooms, because wow.. i think we all need some of those.

(I have no idea what he said in that quoted bit, btw)

Edited by Lord Levistus

[quote name='Tromp' timestamp='1297649268' post='2631884']
How come LoSS is at peace now then?
I dunno, but your allies don't seem to care that much about you. An evil person might even suggest LoSS set you up here.
[/quote]
[url="http://www.cybernations.net/search_wars.asp?searchstring=Declaring_Alliance%2CReceiving_Alliance&search=LoSS"]LoSS is definitely at peace now.[/url]
Actually, they are at peace with Hydra, which is the treaty chain that initiated this whole mess, as said in the OP. Considering that peace exists, this one should too. But, for the reasons outlined in the OP, it doesn't.

[quote name='MaGneT' timestamp='1297649190' post='2631881']
So. Care to tell us how? Please, line everything up in one long post that is as thoughtful as you can make it. Then I'll have a jolly old time kicking it over like I'm Liz in a game of Jenga that isn't going her way.
[/quote]

If Rebel Virginia is concerned about my analysis (and he won't me) he can contact my privately. However, he has been informed that CSN's actions in this check out.

[quote]Things just keep getting more and more ridiculous. :facepalm:[/quote]

You have no idea.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1297649360' post='2631891']
[color="#0000FF"]Oh give me a break. I don't do propaganda. I do not call all alliances evil. Most are far from, as evidenced by the "white peace," however, there are exceptions. And once most peripheral alliances are out of the way you'll be seeing them act on the pettiness that characterizes much of them. DT is the first. There will be others.

Had it been a small amount of reparations, I'd be silent. While I detest by nature all forms of reparations, I realize I cannot fight every battle. But this far from reasonable. It must and should be decried by any and all decent men.[/color]
[/quote]
Am I evil? Should I try to be or keep with what I'm doing?

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1297648720' post='2631852']
*GOD.

Some of you just aren't following along.
[/quote]

CSN's front. CSN is responsible for these negotiations whether it's their representatives in there or Xip.

[quote name='The MVP' timestamp='1297649162' post='2631877']
CSN hitting on an ODP demanding 40k in tech for DT also entering on an ODP.

[b]Reasonable.[/b]
[/quote]

But wait, I thought it was [b]*GOD[/b]. Be consistent.

I count two MDP+ vs. two MDP+ (NoR, NoV vs. GR, Brig.) And I count 4 NOIR alliances vs. 2. The four are on our side.

The total count, then, is six alliances on our side of the war, versus four on the other side of the war.

[/quote]

So by your statements, PC are well within our rights to pillage RoK for reps seeing as they are on Polar side when the rest of SF are on the DH/PB side?

Cool.

While I'm not surprised by "hurr durr optional treaties aren't real" Xiphosis, who no doubt can't lie straight in bed, I am surprised to see CSN sink so low. DT clearly got involved in defense of an ally just as CSN did in defending Legacy. It's clear there should be white peace.

The argument that DT deserves to be crippled for attacking "during peace talks" as is claimed is farcical, what, were your feelings hurt? As far as I am aware war does not end when peace talks begin. If that whinging big nose Xiphosis and his cronies in CSN didn't want to deal with such a "slight" then they should never have gotten involved against DT's allies. Simple.

Blow them to hell DT.

[quote name='General Ozujsko' timestamp='1297649021' post='2631870']
Really? I've checked CSN's stats - you're dropping NS and members pretty steadily. And from what I've seen, your WC's are weak-sauce. Face it, CSN isn't able to back up their threats.

I've said it before - we need not conquer CSN. But we must resist being conquered. And we are.
[/quote]
I don't know why you think DT is the only alliance CSN is fighting, but I guess all I can say is... you're not.

Slight OOC note: On a side note I like how "unnecessary reading" in here is written in blue. It's like commented-out code changing color in an IDE.

Edited by dejarue

[quote name='Gibsonator21' timestamp='1297649415' post='2631899']
I wasn't making excuses for us. I was merely pointing out DT's continuous attempts to spin everything in their light.
[/quote]

Well, duh. :awesome:

It's pretty easy when you have a knuckle-dragging mouth-breather like Penkala doing the heavy lifting for you.