Will your opinion of Pacifica or Polaris change after this war?

Kalasin

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297211348' post='2626220']
I'm not really trying to start a debate on whether what Polar did was wrong, but rather state the reasons that I have for disliking Polar.
[/quote]

I wonder if the reason might not be that you were in MCXA between '07 and '08. I really disliked Polar for quite some time until I stopped to think about it. The only reasons I could think of for my dislike of Polar was that I was part of MCXA during that period as well (and thought they treated MCXA like a client alliance) and the trolling by Penchuk. I wonder if your dislike for them isn't at least partly the result of your past affiliation with MCXA too.

P.S. For anyone who cares, I don't feel one way or the other about Polar anymore.

P.P.S.
[quote name='Bob Janova' timestamp='1297212178' post='2626236']
From the fact that people hate them enough to jump them opportunistically when they haven't done anything, it appears that other alliances had a similar experience.
[/quote]

To be fair to Pacifica it seems that on Planet Bob there's been a history of folks jumping on alliances who haven't done anything for not very good reasons. I would contend that most people involved on most of the major wars on Planet Bob haven't had much of a stake in the CB underlying the wars or had any substantive grievance with their opponents.

Edited by Doug Falkner

[quote name='Doug Falkner' timestamp='1297212311' post='2626246']
I wonder if the reason might not be that you were in MCXA between '07 and '08. I really disliked Polar for quite some time until I stopped to think about it. The only reasons I could think of for my dislike of Polar was that I was part of MCXA during that period as well (and thought they treated MCXA like a client alliance) and the trolling by Penchuk. I wonder if your dislike for them isn't at least partly the result of your past affiliation with MCXA too.
[/quote]

Heh, no. My opinions were radically different from those of TSO. TSO's exodus only increased my love for NpO. When we attacked Polar in No-CB, I didn't have any personal grudge against them (I saw it simply as an opportunity to take down one of the bad guys in the ~hegemony~), and then talked with electron sponge every day for a couple of months when I was in Vox which was enough to change my opinion of him.

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297212653' post='2626260']
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this Kalasin fellow Francesca?

If so, she probably hates me for explaining to her that Eli Lavon was a [ooc]very unfitting alias[/ooc] for her to be using whilst spying on MCXA.
[/quote]

I have a plethora of reasons for disliking you Crymson. Would you like me to list them alphabetically or chronologically?

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297212560' post='2626259']
Heh, no. My opinions were radically different from those of TSO. TSO's exodus only increased my love for NpO. When we attacked Polar in No-CB, I didn't have any personal grudge against them (I saw it simply as an opportunity to take down one of the bad guys in the ~hegemony~), and then talked with electron sponge every day for a couple of months when I was in Vox which was enough to change my opinion of him.
[/quote]

Oh yeah, I forgot you joined Vox. I never quite got why you did that.

I don't mind Polaris at all, and unlike some I do think Pacifica paid its due in Karma (this seems to be a minority view these days).

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297209540' post='2626165']
If NPO will humble themselves and make apologies to FAN and GATO for what they did
[/quote]
I seem to remember an apology of sorts to GATO at some point, could be very wrong but it rings a bell for some reason. :unsure:

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297212057' post='2626235']
Haters gonna hate. Always.
[/quote]
No disrespect dude but you are not exactly adverse to supplying some hate and vitriol :ehm:

Edited by Cataduanes

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297213444' post='2626282']
I seem to remember an apology of sorts to GATO at some point, could be very wrong but it rings a bell for some reason.
[/quote]

:huh: I don't remember that but I'm inactive enough these days that I could be wrong.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297213444' post='2626282']
No disrespect dude but you are not exactly adverse to supplying some hate and vitriol
[/quote]

You're wrong. Nothing in my behavior and approval/disapproval of alliances/persons is based on hate.

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1297213734' post='2626291']
You're wrong. Nothing in my behavior and approval/disapproval of alliances/persons is based on hate.
[/quote]SO all that vitriol you vented towards ODN for so long was the product of objective and emotionless thought? is that what your saying?

My opinion on the VE changed a lot.
They try to spread their corrput ideals through Bob.

My opinion on the NpO is higher after this war. I see how my Alliance doesn't go to chicken mode and faces in an amazing way a war against the odds.

As for the NPpO... the NPpO doesn't exist since "hell has frozen", which is years ago (actually, it doesn't exist since before Hell has frozen).

As for the \m/ vs. NpO war... \m/ and NpO didn't held a bad relationship after that 6 days war... and this war in which the NpO was attacked by the corrupt Hegemony of the Ve and its bandwagonners found \m/ and NpO fighting on the same front.

[quote name='Chief Savage Man' timestamp='1297213683' post='2626289']
Unlike some, I'm not compelled to jump up on the cross next to whoever is getting crucified this year. So no, it won't.
[/quote]

Believe me this is far from moralism. I've been there and done that.

[quote name='Cataduanes' timestamp='1297213673' post='2626288']
Maybe someone from Pacifica can confirm, its late and I don't fancy trawling through old threads atm :blush:
[/quote]

No worries :D I know the feeling.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297212767' post='2626263']
I have a plethora of reasons for disliking you Crymson. Would you like me to list them alphabetically or chronologically?
[/quote]

I'd like you to finally realize that nobody cares about what you have to say.

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297210230' post='2626192']
I didn't think that they had paid their dues, no.
[/quote]

Funny cause at the time I remember you resigning in protest over NPO's treatment in Karma. But that's off topic, so on to something relevant.

No, it wont change my opinion of The Orders.

Regardless of them receiving punishment, it doesn't erase the acts that got them punished in the first place. They remain and will most likely continue to remain, arrogant and untrustworthy groups.

Edited by TypoNinja

[quote name='Kalasin' timestamp='1297212560' post='2626259']
Heh, no. My opinions were radically different from those of TSO. TSO's exodus only increased my love for NpO. When we attacked Polar in No-CB, I didn't have any personal grudge against them [b](I saw it simply as an opportunity to take down one of the bad guys in the ~hegemony~)[/b], and then talked with electron sponge every day for a couple of months when I was in Vox which was enough to change my opinion of him.
[/quote]
Because clearly Polaris was in the Hegemony and MCXA wasn't in August 2008.

Edited by Ryan Greenberg

[quote name='Crymson' timestamp='1297213963' post='2626298']
I'd like you to finally realize that nobody cares about what you have to say.
[/quote]

tbqh the opinions of most people on these boards don't matter really. I'm quite aware that some people simply won't give a damn about what I think, but in my opinion the views I expressed in the OP are views that anyone could hold, and thus to simply dismiss what I've said on the grounds that I'm irrelevant is rather short-sighted.

My feeling has always been that alliances are just a collection of individuals drawn together by some commonality or shared history. If you don't like any of the individuals then you don't like the alliance. War might give you some satisfaction in punishing a past deed, fulfilling an old grudge, or making a strategic move, but I can't understand why my loss of infrastructure should make anyone like me more or less than they already do (short of conduct brought to light during a war of course). Similarly, I have really liked a lot of individuals in "enemy" alliances to the point where I feel I can honestly say that I like the alliance itself despite being the target of its animosity. I might base my foreign policy positions towards an alliance on its past actions, current leadership, and strategic goals, but what should any of it have to do with whether I [i]like[/i] them or not?

I used to think it'd be nice to live in a world where less action is predicated on intense hatred and more on philosophical differences. Now I'm no longer convinced that anything short of dehumanizing your enemy until most of the world reviles them can ever be enough to build support for a global coalition. If that's the case I guess I'll have to get used to being hated, even though I think it takes away a lot of the fun of being able to meet new rulers from across the web.

Edited by Penguin