War Propaganda

Teddyyo

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1303592383' post='2697978']
Reposted from ICHC, I felt it was appropriate.

[img]http://punditkitchen.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/8fb1c7d6-2333-46ec-867f-f8f255698b10.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I like these a lot.

[quote name='alyster' timestamp='1303746591' post='2699242']
Although it was aimed to my comrades mainly, may as well share it.

[b][url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8tQvIm7RSs"]Youtube Clicky[/url][/b]
[/quote]

My favorite part was looking at Cortath's Zero infrastructure. My least favorite part was everything else.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1301568728' post='2681322']

[img]http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/7122/prop32.png[/img]
What this I don't even...

Good try anyways, try to make it less confusing, something where we can understand it quickly
[/quote]

Anyone who knows WW2 history should get this. it is referencing a quote by a a certain historical figure.

Personally, I found it quite humorous, as it is possible to draw some parallels (perceived threat, surprise attack, ect.).

I'll admit, those who do not catch the quote will not understand it as much.

Edited by Feuersturm

[quote name='Feuersturm' timestamp='1303879423' post='2700181']
Anyone who knows WW2 history should get this. it is referencing a quote by a a certain historical figure.

Personally, I found it quite humorous, as it is possible to draw some parallels (perceived threat, surprise attack, ect.).

[/quote]
Eh, I know that quote well, and I didn't like that piece much. Perhaps with a different picture it would have been more effective and/or humorous, but at the moment it just looks like a blatant attempt to link Doomhouse with Nazism, which is ridiculous.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1303906984' post='2700303']
Eh, I know that quote well, and I didn't like that piece much. Perhaps with a different picture it would have been more effective and/or humorous, but at the moment it just looks like a blatant attempt to link Doomhouse with Nazism, which is ridiculous.
[/quote]
I figured the majority of people treated that one like they would some homeless dude screaming about X taking over Y conspiracies. Sure, you could engage them, perhaps even disprove them. But really it's just a lot easier to avoid eye contact and go about your business.

[/quote]

Just what this thread needed, more Godwin and less original content. Good job!

If your quote is not instantly recognizable then your propaganda has failed. It should take no longer than 7 seconds for an effective piece of propaganda to get its point across.

Edited by Johnny Apocalypse

[/quote]

I got the quote personally, I just think it was kind of misused, and brings about the wrong idea for a group (DH) that really has very little to do with the Third Reich.

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1303906984' post='2700303']
[/quote]

[quote name='Bob Ilyani' timestamp='1304190042' post='2702645']
I got the quote personally, I just think it was kind of misused, and brings about the wrong idea for a group (DH) that really has very little to do with the Third Reich.
[/quote]

It's more about the quote and the history behind the quote (like the subsequent failure of the operation) than the person speaking it and his ideology.

[quote name='Sargun' timestamp='1304222636' post='2702929']
It's more about the quote and the history behind the quote (like the subsequent failure of the operation) than the person speaking it and his ideology.
[/quote]
I don't think DH was expecting NPO to collapse after the initial blitz, either.

Edited by WorldConqueror

[quote name='WorldConqueror' timestamp='1304228894' post='2703007']
I don't think DH was expecting NPO to collapse after the initial blitz, either.
[/quote]
This is correct. Boy, did they ever prove us wrong.

[quote name='kriekfreak' timestamp='1304707260' post='2707595']
I just wonder what he thinks of his own propaganda.
[/quote]

Probably thinks it's the greatest thing ever, according to the Dunning–Kruger effect.