¡Viva Mexico!

zzzptm

Presidential Elections in Mexico!  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

(NB: http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=95951 for the signature of the treaty)

On this first day of the new year of 2011, the people of Mexico are full of joy to announce they are together in a unified nation!

Elections have also begun for the presidency and vice-presidency of the nation. Political parties still carry over from the nations forming Mexico, but party lines are blurred in the general euphoria of the unification, and the leading candidates - indeed, the *only* candidates - for the high offices are the former heads of government of Himynamistan and Aztlan. Both men have sworn to support the other in the new government of Mexico, and they are both of a similar mind when it comes to domestic and foreign policy. The greatest threat to the stability of Mexico may not be between Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl and Ricardo Torres, but between their government of national unity and the forces within the nation that undermine governmental authority: disgruntled landowners and drug cartels centered around the opium-growing regions in the central highlands.

This unification is entirely wholesome and beneficiary to the indigenous peoples of Mexico. We applaud the vision either of these men have displayed in their aptitude bringing two countries together under a common banner. Viva Mexico, indeed.

OOC: Both of you have to RP. :)

Reports of election violence in Aguascalientes and Morelos have started to come in... it looks as though the enemies of the regime aren't waiting for the vote to be finalized before expressing discontent with its outcome.

The news of unification is applauded throughout Aztlan- "Aztlan" no more in the glory of a reborn Mexico. Torres successfully led the young nation through the trials of establishment & survival to enter the next phase of the Cause. Torres calls for final unity as Mexico's last best chance for greatness arrives throwing his support behind Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl. The move has already served tremendously in quelling much of the violence, though even as he ends his presidency, threats on Torres life have been made public. Enemies new & old have taken the liberty to once again target the former president as he returns to his life with the common people as he contemplates his new role in their story as Mexico's history is being written.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Cutlass' timestamp='1294186965' post='2563616']
The news of unification is applauded throughout Aztlan- "Aztlan" no more in the glory of a reborn Mexico. Torres successfully led the young nation through the trials of establishment & survival to enter the next phase of the Cause. Torres calls for final unity as Mexico's last best chance for greatness arrives throwing his support behind Zzzptm Nezahualcoyotl. The move has already served tremendously in quelling much of the violence, though even as he ends his presidency, threats on Torres life have been made public. Enemies new & old have taken the liberty to once again target the former president as he returns to his life with the common people as he contemplates his new role in their story as Mexico's history is being written.
[/quote]

Well, my Vice President... what problems shall we tackle first?

ooc: Sorry for my absence

ic:

[i] "First matter at hand, in my opinion, would be simply to finalize the merge. The task is complex, but presents the most pressing issue as we have seen a slight spike in violence during the transition. We need to complete planning & innitiate the beginings of necessary infrastructural & construction operations such as a unified highway network etc. Also, we must take care to oversee the smooth union of both armies into a National Mexican Military.

As our economies converge, we should swiftly adopt common law in regards to business & trade as well as regulations regarding such so that the path we lead Mexico upon is one of success, not more turmoil. I am also in favor of pursuing prosperous international trade agreements, establish Mexico as a respectable & trusted partner in the world- reputation is a virtue. I suggest that we should be present for landmark events, attend important summits of the world, and participate in respected international organizations."[/i]

Edited by Cutlass

[i]"Yes, I think this would emphasize nationalist fervor. We should maintain this type of atmosphere at this fragile time. It will hold Mexico together while it stabilizes. We should speak to the public regarding progress. I would be willing to address them, if you would arm me with details entailing what exactly we are accomplishing as of now."[/i]