There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

My dear Corinan, the problem with your guidelines are that, even if they were followed to the letter, the existing treaty snare we find ourselves in at the moment would continue to exist.

Oops. :o

Nice try though, bound to generate lots of [s]pathos[/s] [s]angst[/s] conversation.

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='ChairmanHal' timestamp='1280372385' post='2393424']
My dear Corinan, the problem with your guidelines are that, even if they were followed to the letter, the existing treaty snare we find ourselves in at the moment would continue to exist.
[/quote]

No it wouldn't.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280366577' post='2393237']
You're actually being generous with some of these - I see a couple Stays on there which easily could've been on a Disband list.
[/quote]
Pretty much this. But the Dark Templar need to stay. They are chill folk, and I appreciate that.

Why not just limit the number of treaties each alliance can make? The treaty web isn't so complicated because of all the alliances out there, it's because everyone signs treaties without thinking. Maybe even cap wars at five alliances per side?

i don't disagree with the idea that to many alliances exist right now but this list is clearly biased as several cookie cutter follower alliances are allowed to stay for no explained reason while others are told to disband.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1280372697' post='2393436']
Where do you propose we displaced citizens take refuge now?
[/quote]

Any alliance that didn't disband. There's still plenty to choose from.

[quote name='Karl Peters' timestamp='1280372853' post='2393440']
Meh. Serious or a joke? So far all I see is you looking like the village idiot like usual, but hey someone has to do that job.
[/quote]

Hey person I never heard of throwing insults my way. I'm serious. I'm always serious.

I may disagree about some of the specifics, but generally speaking you're correct.

Way too many alliances, without any reason for many of them to exist except as vanity projects for one or more people.

[quote name='lonewolfe2015' timestamp='1280372697' post='2393436']
Where do you propose we displaced citizens take refuge now?
[/quote]

Nordreich.

Edited by Ashoka the Great

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1280372676' post='2393433']
Why not just limit the number of treaties each alliance can make? The treaty web isn't so complicated because of all the alliances out there, it's because everyone signs treaties without thinking. Maybe even cap wars at five alliances per side?
[/quote]
The signing of treaties and alliance DoWs lies well outside the realm of game mechanics, so this could not be enforced.

[quote name='Railic' timestamp='1280373122' post='2393447']
Well at least we know your intelligence gathering abilities are lacking. Either that or your sense of humor is... well.. depressing.
[/quote]

I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm laughing at some of the reactions to this thread, for example.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280373017' post='2393444']
The signing of treaties and alliance DoWs lies well outside the realm of game mechanics, so this could not be enforced.
[/quote]
I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to have the game have fill-in-the-blank boxes for these things. I'm not sure exactly how it would be applied but I'm not a programmer.

[quote name='Max Power' timestamp='1280373451' post='2393452']
I'm sure it wouldn't be difficult to have the game have fill-in-the-blank boxes for these things. I'm not sure exactly how it would be applied but I'm not a programmer.
[/quote]
It really doesn't have anything to do with programing - alliances have the ability to post declarations of war against whomever they wish for whatever reason they wish, regardless of what any in-game "treaty listing" would say.

Besides, this discussion is not really addressing the topic at hand.

Edited by Gopherbashi

[quote name='Millencolin' timestamp='1280373033' post='2393445']
Sith are always serious. I kinda am enjoying the response everyone is giving because someone told their boring non-dramatic alliance to disband. If you want to stick around, cause drama, start a war, something.
[/quote]

People overact on the OWF because they're bored. They want to argue with someone so they have something to do. Go do your job and start a war and then maybe we won't be bored anymore.

Edited by Omniscient1

[quote name='RustyNail' timestamp='1280373564' post='2393455']
Completely agreed, We should all disband and join NONE and then rise up and crush the infidels that do not bow down to the [b]power of the Nothing[/b].

:smug:
[/quote]

[IMG]http://imgur.com/r2xW5.png[/IMG]

Never!

[size="1"]/Atreyuuuu[/size]

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280373758' post='2393460']
It really doesn't have anything to do with programing - alliances have the ability to post declarations of war against whomever they wish for whatever reason they wish, regardless of what any in-game "treaty listing" would say.

Besides, this discussion is not really addressing the topic at hand.
[/quote]
Actually, it is. The OP's issue is with the treaty web, as clearly stated. Blasting a bunch of alliances won't change the treaty web that much because there will just be new alliances, or pre-existing ones that are smaller and will rise in the ranks as a result. Resting those itchy treaty-signing fingers is really the only way to simplify the web.

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280366577' post='2393237']
You're actually being generous with some of these - I see a couple Stays on there which easily could've been on a Disband list.
[/quote]

I agree with this man and have to say that being a long time fan of FAN(see what I did? :v: ) I have to say that I'm highly disappointed with their lack of participation in alliances politics lately.

I'll also have to say that all alliances under 2m NS or 50 members should also merge with someone because less alliances = more drama and a clear treaty web.

[quote name='Corinan' timestamp='1280365347' post='2393204']54) Silence: Boring. Disband.[/quote]
For what it's worth, more than a few of us completely agree with the boring part but don't know how to change without acting OOC. I've suggested RPing some kind of event that turns us into an alliance full of zombies/vampires/monsters etc., but I don't think it's going to happen.

Maybe you could build on this thread to suggest specific merger partners for some of the boring alliances? The potential in-game benefit isn't worth ripping a multi-year community apart, but mergers at least let everyone stay together and just get some new friends. If you played match-maker it might take some of the initial awkwardness away from proposing the idea? It'd be like "Hey, ally, can you believe Corinan's thread where he thought we should merge? That's so crazy. Ha.... But. You ever think...maybe he's on to something? :blush:"