There are too many alliances and some of you should disband.

Corinan

I’ve long believed that there are simply too many alliances in the game. Too many alliances leads to too many treaties which logjams the treaty web, which means less wars. Knowing this, I have taken it upon myself to compile a list of which alliances should stay and which alliances should disband. If your alliance isn’t on this list it’s probably because it is so insignificant that I forgot it existed and you should also disband.

Now, I’m no longer a member of the New Pacific Order, and as such have lost my ability to magically make an alliance disband, but I would ask those alliances that I have deemed should disband to do so. It’s for the good of the game. Do the right thing.

[quote]1) Mostly Harmless Alliance: Being the largest alliance doesn’t give you a free pass. I can’t think of anything that you add to the game so you’re out. Disband.

2) New Pacific Order: Considering many alliances in the game define their very existence based on opposing this alliance, it goes without saying that they stay.

3) Green Protection Agency: I realize some players just want to be boring hippies and buy infrastructure. We only need one neutral alliance, however. GPA stays, all others should disband.

4) New Polar Order: Brings drama from time to time. Starts huge wars. Definitely stays.

5) Sparta: Classic cookie cutter. Disband.

6) World Task Force: Does nothing. Disband.

7) Viridian Entente: Stays

8) Fark: Stays

9) The Legion: Stays

10) The Democratic Order: Disband. Join GPA.

11) Mushroom Kingdom: Not my favorite alliance but they certainly bring drama and their own flavor to the game. They stay.

12) Orange Defense Network: Followers. Not interesting. Disband.

13) The Order Of The Paradox: Drama occasionally revolves around them. Stays.

14) Global Alliance And Treaty Organization: Stays

15) FOK: Stays

16) Independent Republic Of Orange Nations: Stays

17) United Purple Nations: Meh. Disband.

18) Ragnarok: Stays

19) Nueva Vida: Stays

20) The Order Of Light: Boring. Disband.

21) Umbrella: Stays

22) Random Insanity Alliance: Stay.

23) RnR: Boring. Disband.

24) Multicolored Cross-X Alliance: Boring. Disband.

25) Federation Of Armed Nations: Used to be interesting, but now the NPO isn’t picking on you anymore and you’re just another alliance. Disband.

26) Athens: This alliance gets a wild hair up its $@! every once in a while which results in massive drama. Stays.

27) Nordreich: Well even the “German Nationalists” need a home too. Stays.

28) Commonwealth Of Sovereign Nations: Stays.

29) The Foreign Division: Who? Disband.

30) Poison Clan: Occasional drama. Stays.

31) Goon Order Of Oppression Negligence And Sadism: Drama. Stays.

32) Siberian Tiger Alliance: Brings teh HONOUR. Stays.

33) The Grand Lodge Of Freemasons: Boring. Disbands.

34) Nusantara Elite Warriors: Everyone talks about what great fighters they are but I hear nothing from them. This game thrives on drama and intrigue. Disbands.

35) LoSS: Stays, I guess.

36) Guru Order: Boring. Disband.

37) IFOK: Struggled with this one. On their own they are an utterly worthless alliance, but then again, who am I to deprive FOK of their vassal alliance? To the victor go the spoils, after all. Plus I would like to keep them around if for no other reason than to laugh at them. Stays.

38) Global Order Of Darkness: Drama bringers. Stays.

39) New Sith Order: Even if I wasn’t a member of this alliance I’d know enough to know that they should stay. The Cyberverse needs more alliances like us. I’m serious.

40) Nato: Stays

41) The Phoenix Federation: Stays

42) The International: Aren’t they commies or something? Meh. Disband
43) Valhalla: Stays

44) Imperial Assault Alliance: I guess being the second best Star Wars themed alliance is enough to get to stay. Stays.

45) North Atlantic Defense Coalition: Boring. Disband.

46) The Templar Knights: Boring. Disband.

47) Asgaard: Boring. Disband.

48) World Federation: Boring. Disband.

49) We Are Perth Army: Boring. Disband.

50) The Conservative Underground: Boring. Disband.

51) Argent: Boring. Disband.

52) Phoenix Rising: Boring. Disband.

53) Global Democratic Alliance: Boring. Disband.

54) Silence: Boring. Disband.

55) Greenland Republic: Boring. Disband.

56) Christian Coalition Of Countries: WHERE IS YOUR GOD NOW? Disband.

57) Regnum Invictorum: The game would honestly be better served if you just joined NPO. Disband.

58) Ubercon: Boring. Disband.

59) Genesis: Boring. Disband.

60) The Brigade: Boring. Disband.

61) Green Old Party: GPA plus Reagan. Disband.

62) Carpe Diem: I like you guys but you're inactive. Disband.

63) Monos Archein: Boring. Disband.

64) AGW Overlords: Boring. Disband.

65) \m/: Drama generators. Stays.

66) Union Of Integrated National Entities: Boring. Disband.

67) Fellowship Of Elite Allied Republics: Boring. Disband.

68) The United Front: Boring. Disband.

69) =LOST=: Boring. Disband.

70) United Sovereign Nations: Boring. Disband.

71) United Blue Directorate: Boring. Disband.

72) Veritas Aequitas: Boring. Disband.

73) The Resistance: Boring. Disband.

74) The Dark Templar: Boring. Disband.

75) Boards Alliance Of Protectorate States: Boring. Disband.

76) 1 Touch Football: Boring. Disband.

77) WOLFPACK: Boring. Disband.

78) Alpha Omega: Boring. Disband.

79) The Order Of The Black Rose: The hardcore RPers need a home, I suppose. Stays.

80) Knights Of Ni!: Never heard of you before the Athens thing, haven’t heard from you since. Disband.[/quote]

Edited by Corinan

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280365551' post='2393208']
I see this list was created without any insight about how alliances who "don't do anything," have played a role in shaping the political landscape we see today.

Ignorance is bliss.
[/quote]

Yes, abandoning NPO with your eternal treaty definitely helped us get to where we are. Bravo. Your alliance is a cesspool of followers.

We got a mention. That's enough to keep us in the game :smug:

EDIT: Though I agree, there are many alliances which need to disband. There are just so many. . .

Edited by maicke

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1280365644' post='2393211']
Yes, abandoning NPO with your eternal treaty definitely helped us get to where we are. Bravo. Your alliance is a cesspool of followers.
[/quote]

This is historically incorrect, the treaty was voided by the terms the New Pacific Order accepted at surrender, but thanks for your input.

Label everyone who doesn't agree with what we want to do followers!

Don't you have some Pacifican backstabbing to do?

[quote name='caligula' timestamp='1280365842' post='2393218']
This is historically incorrect, the treaty was voided by the terms the New Pacific Order accepted at surrender, but thanks for your input.

Label everyone who doesn't agree with what we want to do followers!

Don't you have some Pacifican backstabbing to do?
[/quote]

[s]Even if I did, I'd have contributed more than you have[/s]. Also, you can't void an eternal treaty.

Edit: I just realized the irony of your comment.

Edited by Lennox

If anything, this breakdown goes to show how a lot of the larger alliances are also relics these days or are simply resting on their proverbial laurels without actually contributing in any major way to the 'verse as a whole. Sure, y'all have your backroom drama or whatever but since you've gone to such lengths to keep it secret and away from everyone it really doesn't have relevance. Of course, I doubt anyone will take this list in a constructive manner.

Though I would have to lodge one disagreement - I don't think the 'verse needs more alliances like the New Sith Order since I'm not really sure what it is that you guys do which makes you so special. Six months ago I wouldn't have said that, mind you.

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1280366077' post='2393225']
Nice to know. Do we comment, or do we make our own alternative lists? I don't really see why you posted this.
[/quote]

You don't comment. You go to alliance announcements and post your disbandment. :smug:

[quote name='Lennox' timestamp='1280365955' post='2393222']
Even if I did, I'd have contributed more than you have. Also, you can't void an eternal treaty.
[/quote]
Perhaps in your own mind.
I'd argue that many of us are quite fine with the way things are now, and are enjoying it.

If you're really that bored, why don't you start something yourselves...

and...

I see you have no idea what you are talking about, let me enlighten you.
As per the terms of Karma, all of the New Pacific Order's treaties were dissolved.
That's why they waited till the terms ended to sign with those they felt they still had a strong relationship with.
The Order at the End of the Universe treaty had a long cancellation period, but was not by any means an eternal treaty.

[quote name='Alistair Thorrington' timestamp='1280366290' post='2393233']
I think you've just made about 50 new enemies :P
[/quote]

I don't see how. Two non government members posting their dislike for alliances is hardly an alliance wide endorsement.

[quote name='Anthony' timestamp='1280366426' post='2393234']
I don't see how. Two non government members posting their dislike for alliances is hardly an alliance wide endorsement.
[/quote]

I think it's been established that the actual governmental status of persons within an alliance has zero bearing on how they reflect on their alliance as a whole. It's akin to attempting to preface saying something inflammatory to someone with "Now, promise me you won't get angry when I say this..."

[quote name='Banksy' timestamp='1280366077' post='2393225']
Nice to know. Do we comment, or do we make our own alternative lists? I don't really see why you posted this.
[/quote]

So you know whether or not you need to disband.

[quote name='Goose' timestamp='1280365875' post='2393220']
How dare you suggest that we not disband! We're the worst!
[/quote]
Take that! You have to stay now!

I, for one, agree with most of the list, would add more to the disband list though, would take a few off. (CD get to continue existing, for instance.) Also, I think Dopp forgot to put micros in general on the disband list. I can list the ones worth keeping on my right hand.

Edited by heggo

[quote name='Gopherbashi' timestamp='1280366577' post='2393237']
You're actually being generous with some of these - I see a couple Stays on there which easily could've been on a Disband list.
[/quote]

Yeah I know. I think I was honestly being pretty nice with a few of them.