The Grand Association of Relics and Oldtimers

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Sir Sci' timestamp='1280340743' post='2392619']
From a GATOan's perspective, Cortath is a good leader, the NPO doesn't hate us anymore (nor us them), and we have friendly relations. That makes the NPO a great alliance.

And Chris, I already have your babies. I stole them so I could raise little Chaos babies of my own. Who wouldn't want a Chaos baby?
[/quote]
Pretty much everyone who wants to keep their nations and alliances in tact, I suspect. ;)

It took me 30 years to write that Charter. Mostly because I had to conceive of the idea of creating Chris_Kaos and then implanting the idea in his brain. Think I pulled it off.

Also, we are pretty interesting.

-Kev

Hah, well honestly I never thought to see CK again. Good luck to GARO.
Interestingly enough, seems that bunch of very old guys are just what is needed to break this stale in which we all find ourselves here. Heh.

I didn't get one either. I suppose they know how lazy I am.
Welcome, and have fun, kids.

[quote name='Sarysus' timestamp='1280353341' post='2392929']
Honestly, I'm offended that I didn't receive an invitation. Not old enough, it seems. :P

Best of luck, guys.
[/quote]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' timestamp='1280329247' post='2392476']
[color="#0000FF"]I don't know how much you know about UPN-NPO relations, so perhaps I can be of some help. For a long time, prior to Karma, UPN was desperate to get a treaty with the NPO, and were constantly turned down. One didn't happen until Invicta pulled in a few favors and decided to form the Waltzing Street Compact with the UPN, the NPO, and NATO. Really, it was Invicta that got the UPN that treaty. Not any love the NPO had for UPN. After that, UPN primarily affiliated itself with purple, and then UPN and purple drifted apart after the last war, with its parting finalized when it and Invicta canceled on each other. These days UPN is far more closely associated with Polaris than either purple or the NPO.[/quote]

Sorry to burst your bubble but during that period of time UPN-NPO relations were very non-committal from both sides. Invicta, NATO and others basically had to persuade me (I was leader at the time) that NPO relations were a good idea, hence WSC. Certainly the feeling was, treaty or no treaty, that we were closer to Polaris.

Despite that we fought with WSC in Karma, although the tensions over that inside UPN were huge and resulted in people leaving before the war, due to predicting sides and not liking the people we were with.

As for UPN/Purple relations...well trust me when I say they'd been broken for a very long time, but in those days we were good at keeping it off the OWF :P

Edited by Altheus

[quote name='D34th' timestamp='1280354639' post='2392971']
While I'm not fan of democracy government system it should work if/while you're small.
[/quote]
We only have one elected official.

And you do know that for a long time, Council members in the NPO and NpO were elected, right?

Some positions are still elected in Polaris.

As someone who doesn't know you old timers I am delighted to see this happen. Planet Bob can only be a more interesting place with the extra personalities back in the picture.

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1280355161' post='2392988']
We only have one elected official.

And you do know that for a long time, Council members in the NPO and NpO were elected, right?
[/quote]

Yeah but the only elected official is the head of the alliance, and I don't know about NPO elected positions but in NpO just the deputies ministers are elected.

Edited by D34th

[quote name='Millencolin' timestamp='1280356925' post='2393046']
Another day, another microalliance to clutter up the treaty web.

Good luck, I guess?
[/quote]
Once upon a time (and judging by your forum join date, before you had ever conceived of Cyber Nations), \m/ was a microalliance. I remember.

[quote name='Sarysus' timestamp='1280353341' post='2392929']
Honestly, I'm offended that I didn't receive an invitation. Not old enough, it seems. :P

Best of luck, guys.
[/quote]

[quote name='benjaminperdomo' timestamp='1280353812' post='2392946']
I didn't get one either. I suppose they know how lazy I am.
Welcome, and have fun, kids.
[/quote]
you guys are more then old enough.. But you already have a home...
I'm just a run-a-way :P

[quote name='Charles Stuart' timestamp='1280359603' post='2393118']
Welcome back. Amusing to see all the NPO hatred in this announcement, what would you do without us?
[/quote]
And curiously enough, none of it stems from me, or GARO.

But maybe we just bring out that kind of stuff in people?