The Grand Association of Relics and Oldtimers

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1280296895' post='2392241']
Not true.

We did it because we wanted to explore the world outside of familiar territory. GATO we know and love. They'll always be there, and we'll always have friends with them.

I'm sure our paths will cross again eventually.
[/quote]

Ahhhh cool. Just assuming like I know how. Again best of luck fellers.

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1280299060' post='2392267']
I've been informed you guys sought NPO protection first. Really CK? And UPN was your backup? What a joke.
[/quote]
GARO neither seeks nor wants your approval.

Edited by Chris Kaos

[quote name='Xiphosis' timestamp='1280299532' post='2392276']
And yet, still, NPO? Are you [i]high[/i]?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]This is Chris Kaos we're talking about here. If he can get over the NPO maybe you can too. Seriously, it's been a year since they were rolled, and they have virtually no influence anymore. You won buddy. Accept it. You can stop worrying about the NPO bogeyman now.

Also, GARO signed a protectorate. A protectorate just means UPN will protect GARO. GARO has by no means aligned itself with any alliance. Should it wish to it can choose other paths later on, but in the meantime it has what it needs in order to avoid being raided at this stage, which is a necessity for growth. Is it really that hard for you do understand, or is this act of your deliberate, Xiphypoo?[/color]

[/quote]

Okay, think about it just a little bit. GARO. It was a satire of the NPO. The fact that GARO has now actually become an alliance consisting of former members who were around from that time, especially Grenval and C_K, is just bursting with irony. How much MORE AWESOME would it be if the NPO was then the protector of an alliance named GARO? It'd be brilliantly bursting with irony.

[/quote]
You must not have read my announcement carefully enough, or perhaps I was unclear in some fashion. I'll spell it out pretty plainly for you.

GARO originally stood for the Global Alliance Red Organization. It was a satirical take by the esteemed Grenval on the NPO's then-recent expansion into the Blue Trading Sphere with their New Polar Order. When Kevlar, Grenval and myself decided to form an alliance, we figured we would have fun with it, since our pasts have generally been of a much more serious nature. The idea of a protectorate by the NPO played into our sense of humour perfectly, and the irony tickled us quite a bit. Along with that, Kevlar and myself actually find most of the new NPO leadership to be quite agreeable, and have no particular qualms with being friendly with them.

I'm sorry if I don't live up to the Chris_Kaos you've read or heard about, but that was a very long time ago, and this is a new age.

[quote name='Chris Kaos' timestamp='1280299970' post='2392289']
I'm sorry if I don't live up to the Chris_Kaos you've read or heard about, but that was a very long time ago, and this is a new age.
[/quote]
You've disappointed me for the last time. [img]http://cn-gga.net/public/style_emoticons/default/colbert.gif[/img]

Ha! This is just like the anti-NSO! Moldavi's founding the Sith was like a clarion call to all his old school WUT and Order groupies and now we have one of his old school nemeses coming back and founding an alliance which will probably attract a lot of old school Leaguers. The founders and members of this alliance (with the exception of Grenval, he'd already flamed out) were the cool kids during the time I was in GATO and I left because I was sick of not being able to break into their old boys club. So you probably can't count on my application (not that any of you know who I was or care) and I can't say I'm overly happy to see some of you "back" (many never left). It's like having a flashback to being given a swirly.

So I won't wish you good luck but I will bid you welcome. And I certainly will enjoy seeing what kind of, well chaos, you create in your time here.

Osnap!

[quote name='magicninja' timestamp='1280293205' post='2392177']
Never heard of any of these people.

Good luck anyway I guess.
[/quote]
Who the hell is this clown? :D
[quote name='Duncan King' timestamp='1280308359' post='2392341']
Ha! This is just like the anti-NSO! Moldavi's founding the Sith was like a clarion call to all his old school WUT and Order groupies and now we have one of his old school nemeses coming back and founding an alliance which will probably attract a lot of old school Leaguers. The founders and members of this alliance (with the exception of Grenval, he'd already flamed out) were the cool kids during the time I was in GATO and I left because I was sick of not being able to break into their old boys club. So you probably can't count on my application (not that any of you know who I was or care) and I can't say I'm overly happy to see some of you "back" (many never left). It's like having a flashback to being given a swirly.

So I won't wish you good luck but I will bid you welcome. And I certainly will enjoy seeing what kind of, well chaos, you create in your time here.
[/quote]
I'm glad you think I'm cool :P And despite appearances, our swirly quota has already been filled. Boyle got what he deserved. Everyone else should be safe :P

-Kev

Old GATOans and old NPOers have made new alliances in the recent past, interesting. I was around in 06, but I was never a fan of either... That said, I hope you have better luck than when your were GATO's AC, CK. I have to wonder if NPO ever truly forgets slights. :/ At least there's no EZI this time around, right?

:ph34r:

Congrats on your formation.

Also Schatt if that's what you think of as blowing your stack then like half of the people who comment regularly on Planet Bob must be massively pissed off at all times including most of the people who responded to him.

Good luck guys. It's nice seeing old timers back. Also, it forced me to go through my old photobucket account to find this image.

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v459/Dilber8th/bscap0001.jpg[/IMG]

5% of the people who frequent this forum know who you are and another 10% will pretend to.

I don't know any of you, but I'm curious as to what your goals are. I get the vibe you are all just hear for !@#$% and giggles and won't amount to anything.

Prove me wrong/right?

[quote name='Imperator Honorius' timestamp='1280313439' post='2392367']
Old GATOans and old NPOers have made new alliances in the recent past, interesting. I was around in 06, but I was never a fan of either... That said, I hope you have better luck than when your were GATO's AC, CK. I have to wonder if NPO ever truly forgets slights. :/ At least there's no EZI this time around, right?
[/quote]
You know, to be fair, whenever I was in elected office, I was actually rather successful. I always got myself into trouble when I wasn't in office.

Thanks for all the well wishes.