Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 08:23 PM' timestamp='1271377391' post='2261960']
I just sanctioned by Umbrella because GOONS were losing to me despite me facing other opponents, so they need to resort to this. I used to hold the black team in high regard, but if these are the senators now getting elected seems the team is going down the gutter. Contact me if you can get me access to uranium and if someone can remove the sanctions that would be great.

Also good job messing up OG and several other alliance's trades in the process, stable team much?

To: Methrage From: Xavii Date: 4/15/2010 5:27:05 PM

Subject: Sanctions!

Message: Trade and Foreign Aid sanctions have been setup against your nation by Xavii of the Black team. You will no longer be allowed to trade or send/receive foreign aid while you are a member of the Black team while these sanctions are active and all non-secret trades with the Black team have been canceled.

This is what Umbrella does for black stability, get people who have long had stable trades on black to move off as you screw everyone else in my trade circle over as well.
[/quote]

Why am I being sanctioned for going rogue? This is not fair! [IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/2n87thd.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='15 April 2010 - 10:01 PM' timestamp='1271383243' post='2262101']
GOONS uses all resources available to defeat our enemies. Especially when those enemies are nuclear rogues.
[/quote]
More like one of your guys is scared to lose some infra... ;)

[quote name='The Reccesion' date='15 April 2010 - 10:10 PM' timestamp='1271383814' post='2262111']
More like one of your guys is scared to lose some infra... ;)
[/quote]

We are attempting to minimize our losses. It is a thing we GOONS have called strategy. Your baiting is both blatant and of poor quality.

Openly aiding rogues is a pretty bad idea, even giving a uranium trade-especially with the specific intent to enable a nuke rogue.

What has Planet Bob come to where people will come out of the woodwork to white knight a Nuclear Rogue?

[quote name='Sal Paradise' date='15 April 2010 - 09:19 PM' timestamp='1271384336' post='2262125']
They tell you who you're allowed to trade with?
[/quote]
If it reduces the chances of any !@#$ stirring, I would imagine so.

[quote name='JamezBfod' date='15 April 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1271384540' post='2262128']
Openly aiding rogues is a pretty bad idea, even giving a uranium trade-especially with the specific intent to enable a nuke rogue.

What has Planet Bob come to where people will come out of the woodwork to white knight a Nuclear Rogue?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]Methrage is a friend, and he needed a trade. So I helped him out. I was not aware that GOONS would have a problem with that, but considering how sensitive you fellows are I will cancel it after update when I check my nation. I won't trade with him again. I promise. Not even in secret. But if you do have a problem with my brief trade, do feel free to do something about doll face.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 April 2010 - 09:36 PM' timestamp='1271385384' post='2262143']
[color="#0000ff"]Methrage is a friend, and he needed a trade. So I helped him out. I was not aware that GOONS would have a problem with that, but considering how sensitive you fellows are I will cancel it after update when I check my nation. I won't trade with him again. I promise. Not even in secret. But if you do have a problem with my brief trade, do feel free to do something about doll face.[/color]
[/quote]

after update eh? Not before? Why not before?

If all rouges made threads on OWF after I sanction them I would be more famous. B-)

Re Methrage : You chose your own path mate, no one forced you into going rouge and getting sanctioned is part of the deal. Hope you will stick around after all this.

[quote name='Pearl2' date='15 April 2010 - 10:38 PM' timestamp='1271385492' post='2262147']
after update eh? Not before? Why not before?
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]As I have stated, I do not check my nation all too often. It is a habit of mine and I see no reason to change it now, but rest assured, your precious GOONies will not have to worry about that trade for much longer.[/color]

This is nothing, Sparta was sanctioning any Spartan who surrendered and ordering attacks on them while they sat on the PoW AAs. While quite awesome from my point of view, given my aggressive nature, you really haven't seen the true brutality of Sanctions :)

You're not going to win a PR battle against Umbrella. Sorry, Meth.

[quote]If Umbrella keeps letting you guys make them look bad by doing as you say, they will probably regret eventually when they realize much of the credibility they once had is gone. I held Umbrella in high regard before this incident, but if they're going to let an alliance like GOONS string them along, then I don't respect them so much. [/quote]

Do you respect IRON, Methrage?

[quote] But if you do have a problem with my brief trade, do feel free to do something about doll face. [/quote]

I remember when GOONS tried to pressure RIA into doing something to me for aiding a person in ZDP who later left peace mode and hit them. That was a fun incident.

(Though I do believe GOONS / Umbrella are 100% in the clear on this one.)

[quote]
You're a worse rogue than Sarah Palin. [/quote]

Not everyone knows how to go rogue in style.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Infidel Israeli' date='16 April 2010 - 06:15 AM' timestamp='1271391317' post='2262233']
I read this thinking it was going to be interesting...nope, just methrage. Though GOONS, still kinda sad you had to sanction him.
[/quote]

It was a matter of choice rather than necessity. Umbrella are some of our closest friends...why not utilize an untapped resource?