Sanctions as a Weapon

Sephiroth

I just sanctioned by Umbrella because GOONS were losing to me despite me facing other opponents, so they need to resort to this. I used to hold the black team in high regard, but if these are the senators now getting elected seems the team is going down the gutter. Contact me if you can get me access to uranium and if someone can remove the sanctions that would be great.

Also good job messing up OG and several other alliance's trades in the process, stable team much?

To: Methrage From: Xavii Date: 4/15/2010 5:27:05 PM

Subject: Sanctions!

Message: Trade and Foreign Aid sanctions have been setup against your nation by Xavii of the Black team. You will no longer be allowed to trade or send/receive foreign aid while you are a member of the Black team while these sanctions are active and all non-secret trades with the Black team have been canceled.

This is what Umbrella does for black stability, get people who have long had stable trades on black to move off as you screw everyone else in my trade circle over as well.

Edited by Methrage

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 April 2010 - 08:27 PM' timestamp='1271377625' post='2261965']
[color="#0000FF"]I have uranium if you need a temporary trade. Believe, I know all too well the unjustified use of sanctions.[/color]
[/quote]
Thanks, I sent you a trade offer and switched to brown team as well. Seems black isn't what it used to be when I first created my nation.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 08:29 PM' timestamp='1271377771' post='2261969']
Thanks, I sent you a trade offer and switched to brown team as well. Seems black isn't what it used to be when I first created my nation.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]You're lucky one of my partners deleted today. But I'll likely cancel the trade after a few days once the replacement needed has been found. I'll continue to temporarily trade with you, however. Cancel with one active partner, send you an offer, cancel, resend to whom I canceled with. A bit of an effort on my part, but it is for a good cause.[/color]

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='15 April 2010 - 08:31 PM' timestamp='1271377885' post='2261972']
[color="#0000FF"]You're lucky one of my partners deleted today. But I'll likely cancel the trade after a few days once the replacement needed has been found. I'll continue to temporarily trade with you, however. Cancel with one active partner, send you an offer, cancel, resend to whom I canceled with. A bit of an effort on my part, but it is for a good cause.[/color]
[/quote]
I appreciate the effot, its well appreciated.

I'd also recommend that any black nations currently voting for Xavii stop right away and start voting for the OBR senator instead, at least they don't abuse it.

[color="#0000FF"]Yes, indeed. Sanctions these days are mostly used by cowards when their tech raids go bad, or their wars for fun. GOONS thought it could act tough and bully you into submission. They were wrong. Now they must resort to low tactics such as this.[/color]

[quote name='Itsuki Koizumi' date='15 April 2010 - 08:43 PM' timestamp='1271378584' post='2261989']
it truly is disgusting. However any team and senator would abuse it. As soon as someone they like go up to them all bruised up, they start throwing out sanctions
[/quote]
I used to consider Umbrella a friend as well, but seems they lack enough ability to think for themselves enough not to automatically sanction when GOONS ask.

[img]http://thecastlehall.com/boards/Smileys/kickass/crybaby.gif[/img]

We would like to apologise to the Black sphere as a whole. The ripples of this decision will make the coming months tough to get through, we know. For that we are truly sorry.

Are you really still whining about getting ZIed? That's 3 threads now, give it up dude.

Edit: also this: [quote name='LJ Scott' date='15 April 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1271379385' post='2262002']
[/quote]

Edited by Biazt

[quote name='Sandwich Controversy' date='16 April 2010 - 12:38 AM' timestamp='1271378291' post='2261979']
Umbrella is trash. Unsurprising.
[/quote]
Yes, I agree. Them and their treaty partner MK are the two biggest threats to a stable planet bob today.

We should all join NPO and GGA and drive them out.

[quote name='Biazt' date='15 April 2010 - 08:57 PM' timestamp='1271379441' post='2262003']
Are you really still whining about getting ZIed? That's 3 threads now, give it up dude.

Edit: also this:
[/quote]
It will still be nippy who gets ZIed, good thing I found a uranium trade replacement. I'm just pointing out that Umbrella has chosen to get involved and the way they have done so.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 09:02 PM' timestamp='1271379740' post='2262010']
It will still be nippy who gets ZIed, good thing I found a uranium trade replacement. I'm just pointing out that Umbrella has chosen to get involved and the way they have done so.
[/quote]

You didn't respond to the edited part of my post.

[quote name='LJ Scott' date='15 April 2010 - 08:56 PM' timestamp='1271379385' post='2262002']

We would like to apologise to the Black sphere as a whole. The ripples of this decision will make the coming months tough to get through, we know. For that we are truly sorry.
[/quote]

I accept your apology on behalf of the Black sphere.

It's not so much about GOOONS, moreso that you were a pretty bad Umbrella applicant and that I actually was going to vote no on you. The only other no I've voted on a member that I can recall has been JB :3

Edited by AAAAAAAAAAGGGG

[quote name='AAAAAAAAAAGGGG' date='15 April 2010 - 09:05 PM' timestamp='1271379934' post='2262015']
It's not so much about GOOONS, moreso that you were a pretty bad Umbrella applicant and that I actually was going to vote no for you. The only other no I've voted on a member that I can recall has been JB :3
[/quote]
You sanction people almost a year after they apply and don't finish the application process? I was told by Umbrella, I think Eden Taylor, that wouldn't be a problem if I chose not to finish the whole process and try something different.

[quote name='Methrage' date='15 April 2010 - 09:08 PM' timestamp='1271380064' post='2262019']
You sanction people almost a year after they apply and don't finish the application process? I was told by Umbrella, I think Eden Taylor, that wouldn't be a problem if I chose not to finish the whole process and try something different.
[/quote]

I think they sanction rogues bro.

Keep posting furiously to each reply tia