Nation Building Guide

Kingdom of Royalty

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously you all see I'm new. I got lucky actually growing up on a farm near timber. So I picked lumber and wheat off the bat. Anyway...this topic and discussion have been extremely useful for me - spending 5 hours a day on forums trying to learn everything I can. Thanks to all those who have posted tips. Very informative. :popcorn: (Beer is going to be my bonus - of course)

Edited by powm

• 2 weeks later...

"Some of you may not have heard of this wonderful little strategy, when your infra bills reach roughly $500,000, you can replace 5 improvements with 5 Labor Camps, they will decrease your infra bills by about 45%, make sure that you have enough money for 5 days of bills and enough money to re-buy 5 of the improvements you destroyed . 5 days later, pay your bills, destroy your Labor Camps, buy the Improvements you replaced and collect 5 days worth of income. There you go, you saved about $800,000.

When you have all the worthwhile improvements, get rid of your Labor Camps to collect and buy them again to pay bills, once every 2 or more days, be careful, you can’t stay more than 2 days without paying bills, otherwise you won’t be able to buy Labor Camps, resulting in loss of money.

This is only recommended for serious players, as it requires more effort than usual."

Does this take into account any potential loss of income from the deleted improvements that provided population and/or income increases?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All this "just join an alliance" is a bit much. So condescending... Its like we don't give them a choice :jihad:

Its like people who think they are better than fat people just cause they are fat.

Its the way she goes though I guess... Thanks for trying NPO

:popcorn:

Every alliance has the basic method of nation building, but also modified to a point where they have experimented enough to come out with different solutions... not all alliances will have the same guide... depends...

but this one is the best to use for now...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
How out of date can a guide that only deals with resources, improvements, and basic building ever go out of date? (IE, no wonders, navy...)

Improvements is really out of date and just plain wrong.

Foreign Ministry should be second if you plan on doing tech deals.

Factories should be next if you're doing tech deals (which you should be) so you can quickly grow

Banks and Stadiums should be bought one after another. If your gross income is under $85, buy 5 stadiums and then 5 banks. If it's above $85, buy 5 banks then 5 stadiums.

etc

That's as far as I've gotten. As has been recommended before, join an alliance and you'll usually get good guides and experienced players to help you through it.

Improvements is really out of date and just plain wrong.

Foreign Ministry should be second if you plan on doing tech deals.

Factories should be next if you're doing tech deals (which you should be) so you can quickly grow

Banks and Stadiums should be bought one after another. If your gross income is under $85, buy 5 stadiums and then 5 banks. If it's above $85, buy 5 banks then 5 stadiums.

etc

That's as far as I've gotten. As has been recommended before, join an alliance and you'll usually get good guides and experienced players to help you through it.

Actually, you should always buy a bank, then a stadium, then a bank, then a stadium and repeat until you bought all of them. Why? Banks increase the base income, stadium increase population happiness, and that increase the base income.

A bank and a stadium increase your citizens' average income more than two banks or two stadiums.

"Some of you may not have heard of this wonderful little strategy, when your infra bills reach roughly $500,000, you can replace 5 improvements with 5 Labor Camps, they will decrease your infra bills by about 45%, make sure that you have enough money for 5 days of bills and enough money to re-buy 5 of the improvements you destroyed . 5 days later, pay your bills, destroy your Labor Camps, buy the Improvements you replaced and collect 5 days worth of income. There you go, you saved about $800,000.

When you have all the worthwhile improvements, get rid of your Labor Camps to collect and buy them again to pay bills, once every 2 or more days, be careful, you can’t stay more than 2 days without paying bills, otherwise you won’t be able to buy Labor Camps, resulting in loss of money.

This is only recommended for serious players, as it requires more effort than usual."

Does this take into account any potential loss of income from the deleted improvements that provided population and/or income increases?

yes it does although i would recommend waiting until after the 3k infra jump to begin this as your eco improvements will be cheaper ( you shuld be buying either police headquarters or intelligence agencies at that point) and ur infra bill will pass 1m (without labor camps, with labor camps it will stay under 1m until after the 4k infra jump unless ur trades blow).

If you do this, you gross roughly 500k extra with 28% taxes (assuming your buying +1 happiness improvements in place of the lc's), and netting even more due to the 45% reduction on infra bills.

5 labor camps cost 750k

5 churches cost 200k

so the cost is recouped after only 2 days , and becomes much more benefitial to your nation if u use this practice to collect in 5-10 cycles, and even greater intervals when your nation becomes larger and you no longer benefit as much from infra purchasing.

Just remember to leave around 1.5-2m in your bank for the day that you collect so you will have more than enough cash to buy the improvements.

Also dont forget you cant purchase improvements if your bills arent paid.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I actually have a question about the government position thingy. I myself have put my positions into a dictatorial setting (Closed border, no free speech, blabla) and just read these things actually affects stuff so decided to try out the "ideal" setting and noticed,...;, well ye nothing. Same amount of citizens, happiness, income, etc... So does it actually changes somethings or does it only affects ur nation over time ? Or just some clarification?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I actually have a question about the government position thingy. I myself have put my positions into a dictatorial setting (Closed border, no free speech, blabla) and just read these things actually affects stuff so decided to try out the "ideal" setting and noticed,...;, well ye nothing. Same amount of citizens, happiness, income, etc... So does it actually changes somethings or does it only affects ur nation over time ? Or just some clarification?

Some of the government positions affect your nation. One of them is asking about the drug problems in your nation. Picking the choice B or C would have better effects than A.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...