Nation Building Guide

Kingdom of Royalty

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm would you consider an expansive guide to the game? because im only a few days old and imo i have an ok setup

no harbor

my setup: cattle, furs, silver, spices, gems, gold, lead, oil , pigs and rubber

i know it needs aluminum but that can wait, because, my pop hap is at 13.78 ( govt n religion are happy), i have basically ticked all the boxes in every catagory, ye no bonus but so what imo this is a good example on how to get a big area, money, a good cheap army n happy people all at the same time

hmm would you consider an expansive guide to the game? because im only a few days old and imo i have an ok setup

no harbor

my setup: cattle, furs, silver, spices, gems, gold, lead, oil , pigs and rubber

i know it needs aluminum but that can wait, because, my pop hap is at 13.78 ( govt n religion are happy), i have basically ticked all the boxes in every catagory, ye no bonus but so what imo this is a good example on how to get a big area, money, a good cheap army n happy people all at the same time

At the moment lead is not doing anything to help your nation, Oil could be replaced with something better (such as wine for example). The first resource set in the guide is pretty much optimal imho, it has pigs, cattle, wheat, and fish which is a must as more citizens = more improvements sooner. :)

At such an early age you don't really need to concentrate on military so much, focus on growing and getting your first 5 or so improvements before looking to start wars etc :)

At the moment lead is not doing anything to help your nation, Oil could be replaced with something better (such as wine for example). The first resource set in the guide is pretty much optimal imho, it has pigs, cattle, wheat, and fish which is a must as more citizens = more improvements sooner. :)

At such an early age you don't really need to concentrate on military so much, focus on growing and getting your first 5 or so improvements before looking to start wars etc :)

but would you agree this setup if for a more, offensive nation?

Not really as you are missing out on many of potential bonus resources, you also don't have uranium which would be a good choice for offensive nations.. Mathematically there are a lot better resources/combos, for example, many regard the furs resource possibly the worst in the game, and lead close behind. Spices is only useful if you are using it to get the fastfood bonus resource. If not then wine would be a better replacement, in your position I would be maximising my economy/happiness at the moment and military would be the last thing to worry about :)

• 3 weeks later...

If those charts need any updating, send me an ingame PM about what changed and I'll update them where I originally uploaded them. (I'm going to add in the 8k infra stuff right now)

Updated. Existing links go to the new images now.

Edited by Amnesiasoft

I really have to disagree with your comments on some of the resources. Lead is quite useful. And seriously fast food seems rather useless to me.

My combination: [Alumium] [Fish] [Gold] [iron] [Lead] [Lumber] [Marble] [Oil] [Pigs] [Rubber] [Wheat]

Just some stats on it:

Initial infrastructure cost: -42%

Infrastructure upkeep: -23%

Population increase: 19.5%

Citizen income increase: $6

Population happiness increase: 6.5

Initial land cost: -15%

Purchased land area increase: 40%

Natural growth increase: 0%

Technology cost decrease: -13%

Environment increase: 10%

Environment decrease: -1

Soldier increase: 53%

Soldier cost decrease: $0

Soldier upkeep cost: $-1

Tank cost decrease: -13%

Tank upkeep cost: -13%

Aircraft cost decrease: -16%

Aircraft upkeep: -20%

Aircraft limit increase: 10

Cruise missle cost decrease: -20%

Cruise missle upkeep: -20%

Nuke cost decrease: -20%

Nuke upkeep: -20%

I really have to disagree with your comments on some of the resources. Lead is quite useful. And seriously fast food seems rather useless to me.

My combination: [Alumium] [Fish] [Gold] [iron] [Lead] [Lumber] [Marble] [Oil] [Pigs] [Rubber] [Wheat]

Just some stats on it:

Initial infrastructure cost: -42%

Infrastructure upkeep: -23%

Population increase: 19.5%

Citizen income increase: $6

Population happiness increase: 6.5

Initial land cost: -15%

Purchased land area increase: 40%

Natural growth increase: 0%

Technology cost decrease: -13%

Environment increase: 10%

Environment decrease: -1

Soldier increase: 53%

Soldier cost decrease: $0

Soldier upkeep cost: $-1

Tank cost decrease: -13%

Tank upkeep cost: -13%

Aircraft cost decrease: -16%

Aircraft upkeep: -20%

Aircraft limit increase: 10

Cruise missle cost decrease: -20%

Cruise missle upkeep: -20%

Nuke cost decrease: -20%

Nuke upkeep: -20%

Cool stats!

Lead is actually useful! Lead is one of my top 3 favorite resources, besides rubber and oil!

Oil Rubber and Coal are very useful resources when getting steel construction asphalt and auto. They save you more money than many others can make you. This is even more so as you get higher in infra.

Lead Gold and Fur definitely are weak.

Fast Food for me at 8359.9 infra is huge at making money. With all national wonders you make more with 1% citizens than you make with 1 hap or 2.00. Each citizen makes so much with all the additional happiness boost from all the wonders. At early stages Fast Food helps with more improvements but isn't as good as gems but that changes later. Cattle is always good with 5% cits. Thus Fast Food is relevant to what you have.

Improvements always varies. Like if you aren't making a lot of money early on you may want stadiums over banks. Banks are only useful if you make a lot. You should go 3 schools and 2 univ so you can do tech deals at early stages though.

It should go Harbor, Factory, Factory, Factory, Factory, Factory, Clinic, Clinic Hospital, Clinic, Clinic, Clinic, then alternate banks and stadiums until they're maxed out. Factories for infrastructure to buy more improvements, and then buying a clinic or two will automatically raise your population enough to buy a Hospital. Once you buy the hospital it will boost your population again so that you can get yet another clinic. Once you buy your last Factory, you should be able to buy 3 or 4 improvements in a row in one night.

By the way, I was told this strategy by members over 600 days old. And it works, using my nation as an example.

Edited by Il Duce

I'm not sure I fully agree with that, it depends how much money you had spare, but even I couldn't go clinic,clinic,hospital in one day, not a chance. If your citizen count is at... 6000 (as that would be at 6 improvements), that is 6000 citizens. 6000 citizens *0.04 is only 240, and even a hospital (6240*0.08) is only 500. That is an extra 740 citizens over 3 improvements, which could have been spent on a bank which would have given a far greater return on investment over that time. If you are recieving aid, then it probably is the best, as actual income is trivial when you have millions sent in aid. But for a new nation starting off from scratch, who most of the time does not have optimal resources. I don't think that is the best approach. You have had over 9 million sent to you over 10 days, which would explain why that is most optimal (factories first) for you.

Edited by Kingdom of Royalty