Pacific Star 2 OOC

Bacharth

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Zoot Zoot' date='13 April 2010 - 10:23 PM' timestamp='1271211815' post='2259545']
OOC

Mergerberger, sorry im calling you on your attack on the NR for godmodding pal.
500 long range missiles?
youve no IG cruise missiles, and youve only 25 nuclear warheads.
[/quote]

Uh, it's not too difficult to make a few medium-range ballistic missiles go 1,600 miles. And cruise missiles are chemical/biological weapons, as well as non-nuclear ICBM's.

Edited by Mergerberger II

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='13 April 2010 - 10:45 PM' timestamp='1271213128' post='2259577']
Uh, it's not too difficult to make a few medium-range ballistic missiles go 1,600 miles. And cruise missiles are chemical/biological weapons, as well as non-nuclear ICBM's.
[/quote]

Crud. Its too bad the CM thread didn't make up a rule or define a policy on this... Merger is perfectly in the right. The range of what an IG CM covers in IC is blurry and this falls under the 'common sense' category.

Personally, when I launched my SL-RM mod 07's at Sargun, they were essentially kh-55s that have a 1600 nmi range, and I bought IG CM's for those attacks on his port and carrier.

Mine? I wasn't intending it to carry any weight, just pointing out that most discussion thus far has been about keeping numbers reasonable. As long as you use very few throughout the war from now on, I have no reason to complain. I'm a very reasonable person. :)

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='13 April 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1271216860' post='2259664']
IG cruise missiles equate to special weapons, not RP cruise missiles.

And the range has usually been [b]whatever the size of your SoI is IG[/b], from what I can recall.

[/quote]

That's a first :blink:

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='14 April 2010 - 06:10 AM' timestamp='1271218219' post='2259693']
I never said it was a rule...it was one of those unwritten rules a while back.
[/quote]
I for one never, ever heard of that one.

[quote name='Lynneth' date='14 April 2010 - 01:32 AM' timestamp='1271223122' post='2259758']
I for one never, ever heard of that one.
[/quote]
I have never heard of this rule either, and I've been here far longer than you Subtle.

[quote name='Lavo_2' date='14 April 2010 - 02:20 PM' timestamp='1271247632' post='2260014']
I have never heard of this rule either, and I've been here far longer than you Subtle.
[/quote]

Neither have I and I've been here longer too.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='13 April 2010 - 07:47 PM' timestamp='1271216860' post='2259664']
IG cruise missiles equate to special weapons, not RP cruise missiles.

And the range has usually been whatever the size of your SoI is IG, from what I can recall.
[/quote]

Are you sure you didnt make that up, Subtle? lol, jk :P

Taken from the other post because durhur, wrong topic.

[quote name='Mergerberger II' date='14 April 2010 - 04:11 AM' timestamp='1271211070' post='2259513']
[size="2"]OOC: If the initial computer attack fails, the rest of the post never happened. However, cyber-attacks would continue until they broke through.[/size][size="2"]

IC:
Hackers worked to infiltrate computer and defensive systems in the Northern Republic, to disable communications with satellites as well as detection systems capable of seeing missiles. [/size]
Long-range missiles stationed mostly in Limburg launched at 0200 that morning. 100 of them. [b]Each carried the equivalent of 45 tons of TNT. [/b]Each was aimed at a different military target in the Northern Republic. Seven were aimed at the chief military harbor. Each bomb was capable of producing a small mushroom cloud, with a blast radius of just over 300m. One hour later, 100 more hit the same military targets, and two hours after that 100 more would hit different military targets. [b]All missiles took a unique path to their targets, so that their origin was indiscernible.[/b]
[/quote]
First bold:
The MOAB used by the USA has a yield of 11 tons of TNT. The FOAB used by the Russians has a yield of 44 tons of TNT.
This qualifies as powerful enough - in my opinion, Californian and iamthey can overrule me on that - so that it counts as part of the Cruise Missiles, much like biological and chemical weapons.
It would thus be that you don't have 500 of these, but only 50 maximum.

Second bold:
Missiles or Cruise missiles going 1,600 nm far can't really change their course, mostly due to their speeds. I believe it would be very possible to find out where they're coming from, taking the flight paths into consideration, unless you can give me proof that a CM going at mach 5+ can change its course as you described.