The New Grämlins

Iotupa

Reposted:

[quote]In our dealings with Gre to negotiate surrender terms(Zenith & Old Guard) I found them to be firm, yet fair and accommodating. They improved my opinion of them 10 fold. I certainly hope they don't reverse that trend by making demands that demean them.

I can state with some certainty that there will be strong public backlash should they require complete demilitarization BEFORE starting any talks. I would urge them to reconsider that requirement in light of the negative attention it would garner them.[/quote]

This is a good opportunity for Gre to either enhance their public image by not making insulting demands or to create a reputation of ruthlessness, which can be a powerful weapon in its own right.

It's up to them.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='neneko' date='31 March 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1270063343' post='2242237']
These logs didn't really address any point about this that I was actually confused about. There isn't really any useful info here at all tbh.

I have to say I don't really get why gga is posting this either. Makes you look sort of like that ninja leader guy that posted the early terms (I'm really bad at names).
[/quote]
At least you remembered our name, baby cakes.

[quote name='Chickenzilla' date='31 March 2010 - 03:21 PM' timestamp='1270063263' post='2242235']
Where did you get the logs?
[/quote]

A friendly bird by the name of pastebin flew down and landed on my shoulder and whispered them into my ear.

[quote name='neneko' date='31 March 2010 - 03:22 PM' timestamp='1270063343' post='2242237']
These logs didn't really address any point about this that I was actually confused about. There isn't really any useful info here at all tbh.

I have to say I don't really get why gga is posting this either. Makes you look sort of like that ninja leader guy that posted the early terms (I'm really bad at names).
[/quote]

Do you know anything about the ninja leader guy's history?

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 09:13 PM' timestamp='1270062804' post='2242221']
What happened 'tomorrow', while he wasn't drunk? Or do you not want to show those because it'd hurt your portrayal of Gremlins as evil?
[/quote]

Being drunk doesn't plea you free of anything, important lesson to anybody: Don't do Business when drunk.

[/quote]

GGA did not condone this post. This is an individual action I am taking as a member of Planet Bob's population.

[quote name='jstep' date='31 March 2010 - 09:24 PM' timestamp='1270063476' post='2242242']
Do you know anything about the ninja leader guy's history?
[/quote]
Yeah I know he was in gre. Used to discuss stuff with him in cit occasionally. The name clicked when I saw his name now that he replied. Sorry about that I'm honestly bad at names. I'll stop stealing focus here though. Carry on people, pitch forks are found under your seats.

[quote name='thaone' date='31 March 2010 - 03:25 PM' timestamp='1270063509' post='2242243']
Being drunk doesn't plea you free of anything, important lesson to anybody: Don't do Business when drunk.
[/quote]

...yes, it does change things. How difficult is this to comprehend? Sure, words can't be unspoken, but if I went to you today and said "10 BILLION IS THE REPS ALSO I DRUNK" and tomorrow said "my bad, bro. I was pretty drunk. $100,000,000 reps and we'll call it even." it certainly does change things. You can't say "OMG 10 BILLION EVILLLL" when it was retracted like 12 hours later and was clearly the alcohol talking. Is this so hard to comprehend? Because it seems to be flying over every NSO member's head.

[quote]Is this the kind of never seen before demand that will force alliances to re-evaluate their surrender to re-enter the war to end this travesty? [/quote]

Do this and I can pretty much guarantee you your reps to re-surrender will be 10x worse.

Edited by Penkala

Why does Ejay always get the credit for being that ninja guy...

Gremlins has changed. For the better, or worse, one can only guess. I wouldn't expect this from the old Gremlins. But, I can't really expect anything from an alliance I have yet to know yet, can I?

There is no shame, this is just who Gromlins is now.

He apologized and said he was drunk. It may not excuse what he said, because it was said, but it can't be taken as hard fact. If you want to treat some drunk person as hard fact go right ahead. But i doubt anyone would do that [ooc]in real life[/ooc], but when you have a point to prove, you'll take it as hard fact. Go figure.

Moved to WA, edited in brackets.

Edited by My Name Is Romance

[quote name='citizenkane' date='31 March 2010 - 03:10 PM' timestamp='1270062584' post='2242215']
[20:09:05] <%Citizenkane> What has GGA got to do with it anyway?
[20:09:12] <Jonathan_Brookbank[GGA]> GGA has nothing to do with it.

Pretty much sums up my feelings about this.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]An injury to one is an injury to all. I'll admit, I've never been a fan of Brookbank, but he is right here. Nonsense such as this needs to be exposed. The world needs to know. Quite frankly Gre has fallen far. The members that made Gre the respectable alliance it was are all long gone. Now they have no honor. Unconditional surrender? I don't believe NPO ever demanded that. They at least told you the terms they would be handing you. Revoke terms right after they were accepted? NPO never did that either. Demand the alliance disarm so that it can continue to be pummeled, and then you may "consider" talking about peace? Really, this is a new level of classlessness. I can only hope that someone will inform Gre that this behavior is no longer tolerated.[/color]

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='31 March 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1270063842' post='2242251']
He apologized and said he was drunk. It may not excuse what he said, because it was said, but it can't be taken as hard fact. If you want to treat some drunk person as hard fact go right ahead. But i doubt anyone would do that in real life, but when you have a point to prove, you'll take it as hard fact. Go figure.
[/quote]

You're ignoring the followup logs from today with Ramirus confirming it.

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1270063727' post='2242249']
...yes, it does change things. How difficult is this to comprehend? Sure, words can't be unspoken, but if I went to you today and said "10 BILLION IS THE REPS ALSO I DRUNK" and tomorrow said "my bad, bro. I was pretty drunk. $100,000,000 reps and we'll call it even." it certainly does change things. You can't say "OMG 10 BILLION EVILLLL" when it was retracted like 12 hours later and was clearly the alcohol talking. Is this so hard to comprehend? Because it seems to be flying over every NSO member's head.

Do this and I can pretty much guarantee you your reps to re-surrender will be 10x worse.
[/quote]

As said, GRE is welcome to enter this thread and prove it wrong. Considering my talk with them earlier today seemed to prove that these were in fact their demands, does it matter? I am having no comprehension issues. I sought proof on whether the rumors I was hearing were true. GRE did nothing to assuage my concerns. How is that so hard to comprehend for you? Two can play this game.

[quote name='My Name Is Romance' date='31 March 2010 - 03:31 PM' timestamp='1270063842' post='2242251']
He apologized and said he was drunk. It may not excuse what he said, because it was said, but it can't be taken as hard fact. If you want to treat some drunk person as hard fact go right ahead. But i doubt anyone would do that in real life, but when you have a point to prove, you'll take it as hard fact. Go figure.
[/quote]

This is inconvenient to the propaganda message I want to deliver, so I shall ignore it. I will take the highest figure / worse situation ever taken from any member of the opposing alliance's government, even if he admits he may be wrong immediately after saying it due to alcohol.

[quote]As said, GRE is welcome to enter this thread and prove it wrong. Considering my talk with them earlier today seemed to prove that these were in fact their demands, does it matter? I am having no comprehension issues. I sought proof on whether the rumors I was hearing were true. GRE did nothing to assuage my concerns. How is that so hard to comprehend for you? Two can play this game. [/quote]

And as I explained, the situation isn't that he was drinking, because apparently Gremlins *is* following that route with the terms. Now we know that. But to say that alcohol use changes nothing (even when the person says to take it with a grain of salt since it may just be the alcohol talking) is disingenuous. I'm sorry, NSO. Am I using too large of words? :(

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 03:29 PM' timestamp='1270063727' post='2242249']
[/quote]

I believe Ram's comments can not be excused away by being drunk

[quote name='Feanor Noldorin' date='31 March 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1270063972' post='2242259']
We tried to tell you people that these were not the old Gramlins but you didn't want to listen. Have fun playing in the same sandbox with the likes of RamirusMaximus. From what I've gathered many of you are enjoying it.
[/quote]
[color="#0000FF"]It is amazing how one man managed to destroy a very respectable alliance. A bit of a shame too.[/color]

[quote name='Penkala' date='31 March 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1270063971' post='2242258']
This is inconvenient to the propaganda message I want to deliver, so I shall ignore it. I will take the highest figure / worse situation ever taken from any member of the opposing alliance's government, even if he admits he may be wrong immediately after saying it due to alcohol.

And as I explained, the situation isn't that he was drinking, because apparently Gremlins *is* following that route with the terms. Now we know that. But to say that alcohol use changes nothing (even when the person says to take it with a grain of salt since it may just be the alcohol talking) is disingenuous. I'm sorry, NSO. Am I using too large of words? :(
[/quote]

No, you're arguing a strawman. Drinking isn't the issue. The fact that these demands were made is the issue. Regardless of drinking, GRE has backed them up. So do you want to discuss the topic? Or would you like to continue spouting your never-ending useless dribble about unrelated topics regarding whether or not people should be held accountable for drunk actions?

[quote name='jstep' date='31 March 2010 - 03:33 PM' timestamp='1270064004' post='2242260']
I believe Ram's comments can not be excused away by being drunk
[/quote]

Read [i]all[/i] my posts on the subject or don't respond, please. :)

I have quite clearly stated two (2) times that it turns out that's not the case, as proved by Ram's logs today.

[quote]Ten times zero is zero [/quote]

I'm betting that you won't get off with anywhere near $0 in reps if you break your terms to go on the offensive [i]again[/i].

[quote]
No, you're arguing a strawman. Drinking isn't the issue. The fact that these demands were made is the issue. Regardless of drinking, GRE has backed them up. So do you want to discuss the topic? Or would you like to continue spouting your never-ending useless dribble about unrelated topics regarding whether or not people should be held accountable for drunk actions? [/quote]

No, I'm really not. Before I was made aware that these actually [i]were[/i] the terms (this is why I asked the question), all I knew was that someone had said something, admitted they were drunk and said they might be wrong, and that they should talk while sober. Given that statement, of course the alcohol matters. If he had come back the next day and retracted his words / given lighter terms, your position was "it doesn't matter HE SAID IT I don't care about the alcohol HE SAID IT." Which I find ridiculous.

Turns out he was actually spot on despite being drunk, and so I agree with you that in the greater scheme of things the alcohol use doesn't really matter one way or the other.

Edited by Penkala

[quote name='Rebel Virginia' date='31 March 2010 - 08:35 PM' timestamp='1270064118' post='2242261']
[color="#0000FF"]It is amazing how one man managed to destroy a very respectable alliance. A bit of a shame too.[/color]
[/quote]
One shepard and some sheep. One man cant do anything unless he is allowed to by the membership.

[quote name='Alterego' date='31 March 2010 - 09:28 PM' timestamp='1270063671' post='2242246']
Is this the kind of never seen before demand that will force alliances to re-evaluate their surrender to re-enter the war to end this travesty?
[/quote]
Do it! do it! do iiiiiiiit!