"Space Race" RP

Fizzydog

I have been thinking about this for awhile, and I decided to put it into action. Here we go:

All the countries of the world(we will use a custom map)are large and prosperous. After practically ever inch of the planet has been claimed, the countries decided to take it to space.
Not the moon or mars, what we are going to do here is create a race to see who can "get the farest". Countries race to space, they rush things, major collisions and huge problems as the race occures. An exampl would be a poorly thought out and hap-hazardly plan goes bust when a shuttle fails to lift.
Now, to make it even craziers, sabotazation will be a major proble here. To get to here and there first, nations will launch under cover sabotages against eachother, like attacking key command points or enemy shuttles.
And finally, the best part. To make war horribly confusing, practically ever nation here has a large network of treaties. I suggest you PM each other to create treaties. You cannot have less then 10% of all nations who join have a treaty with you. MDP or whatever, I don't care.
Do not make your nation too small or wimpy, that demolises the entire point of the RP. The point is that every nation is big and powerful.

There is no space warfare, that is just silly.

EDIT HERE

I then need to say this: there are no big restrictions.

BUT! Once you claim a country land, that is all you can have. You can annex local islands, but you cannot expand.

There is no GM or ruler, just the community. If something is outragouse or silly, the people can vote it out.

IE: My nation sent 20 nukes to yours.

NO. No no no, there are restritcions.

So here is the deal:

No carpet bombing nukes, they must be approved by the other side.

Militia is allowed, but only 10% of your pop may join, and once that militia is dead, it takes away citizens.

Population cannot, even with growth, exceed 1.5 billion.

Armies cannot be overly large.

The year limit is set at 2040, so really, NO SPACE WARFARE!

One month = One year.

I will make the nation template later, if people join.

And suggestions are always welcome.

Edited by Fizzydog

LOL NO

To be frank, it's quite retarded. There are so many flaws (like the stupid treaty web, the lax rules, the ridiculous military cap, the lack of space combat, etc.) and infeasibility of it all makes it one of the stupidest ideas I've ever heard.

I was telling you to point out more flaws but fine.

Version 1.01

All the countries of the world(we will use a custom map)are large and prosperous. After practically ever inch of the planet has been claimed, the countries decided to take it to space.
Not the moon or mars, what we are going to do here is create a race to see who can "get the farest". Countries race to space, they rush things, major collisions and huge problems as the race occures. An exampl would be a poorly thought out and hap-hazardly plan goes bust when a shuttle fails to lift.
Now, to make it even craziers, sabotazation will be a major proble here. To get to here and there first, nations will launch under cover sabotages against eachother, like attacking key command points or enemy shuttles.
And finally, the best part. To make war horribly confusing, practically ever nation here has a large network of treaties. I suggest you PM each other to create treaties. You cannot have less then 10% of all nations who join have a treaty with you. MDP or whatever, I don't care.
Do not make your nation too small or wimpy, that demolises the entire point of the RP. The point is that every nation is big and powerful.

There is no space ship warfare, although intergalatic sabotaging is allowed.

EDIT HERE

I then need to say this: there are no big restrictions.

BUT! Once you claim a country land, that is all you can have. You can annex local islands, but you cannot expand unless he land is conquered or given to you ICly.

There is no GM or ruler, just the community. If something is outragouse or silly, the people can vote it out.

IE: My nation sent 20 nukes to yours.

NO. No no no, there are restritcions.

So here is the deal:

OOC land donations and trades are prohibited, nations found of such informal manner are to be banned for any amount of time. Although working out OOC to IC deals is allowed.

No carpet bombing nukes, they must be approved by the other side.

There are no lasers, star wars fans.

Technology may be at its finest, but no growing wings or anything silly and stupid like that.

Militia is allowed, but only 5% of your pop may join, and once that militia is dead, it takes away citizens.

Population cannot, even with growth, exceed 1.5 billion.

Armies are 1-5% of your population.

The year limit is set at 2040, so really, NO SPACE WARFARE!

One month = One year.

I will make the nation template later, if people join.

And suggestions are always welcome, please don't go al "lol no" *post* on me. Always point out what is wrong and why.

The idea of a filled world makes it hard for new people to join once the RP is formed and I think this idea needs a lot more working out, such as on what do you base population? What is the context in regards to statistics of RP? That kind of stuff.