OBM's Annual "Check Your Nuts" Thread

OneBallMan

Greetings from the Pathology Samples Jar.

I may be gone, but I am not forgotten. Three years ago today, I was a relatively happy testicle. I lived in a warm and comforting place, and was treated quite well. The problem was, that I would occasionally ache and cause my host a tremendous amount of discomfort. It turns out that I was being invaded. I never knew. I was a happy and warm testicle, and poof! I was being kicked out of my own home. It seems this cancerous leech had attached itself to me, and was slowly and surely kicking me out of my own house. It was devastating, to say the least.

So, on this day 3 yrs ago, my host, the esteemed OBM, was put under the knife and I, along with some inguinal lymph nodes, were rudely removed and sent to the pathology lab. Turns out that I was really mostly a tumor. I'd been moved in on and was in danger of wrecking the whole works.

Check your nuts. Here's a fun video that will explain the facts and how to check the lads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVX9g_N4qxw&feature=related

So, lads, check your nuts. Srsly, it is easy, and as the video shows, you can even have someone near and dear to you help out.

[img]http://whatdidyoubringme.homestead.com/files/Tshirts/Mammal/images_aru/ProtectYourNutsART776.jpg[/img]

Oh! And for you ladies, and you know we love you, do your monthly self-exams. It is easy and can save your life.

Horribly coincidental. I just got done with a check up a few days ago and was given a pamphlet on how to keep myself in check. Granted, I do it every night anyways, and clean the pipes to help prevent it (true or not, I'll still do it).

When the Sex Ed nurse lectured us on checking for testicular cancer in 7th grade, well, let's just say it was already second nature. :ehm:

[quote name='Zombie Glaucon' date='18 February 2010 - 06:09 PM' timestamp='1266534551' post='2190470']
And for the older fellows in the audience, get your back door checked! A few seconds of mild discomfort can save you a world of radiation and surgery.
[/quote]
Ah, yes, high school.

Edited by Schattenmann

[quote name='Jens of the desert' date='18 February 2010 - 01:59 PM' timestamp='1266519560' post='2189983']
Isn't this more of a water cooler topic?
[/quote]

Probably, but given the importance of the message, you're going to hit a higher audience here. Plus it's related to his ruler name, so it technically has *some* relevance to the game :P

[quote name='Schattenmann' date='18 February 2010 - 05:11 PM' timestamp='1266534690' post='2190477']
When the Sex Ed nurse lectured us on checking for testicular cancer in 7th grade, well, let's just say it was already second nature. :ehm:

Ah, yes, high school.
[/quote]

You were getting your prostate checked in highschool? Is your MD fee-for-service?

[quote name='lakerzz8' date='18 February 2010 - 04:28 PM' timestamp='1266532098' post='2190380']
And suddenly your screen name becomes clear. Thanks for the reminder.
[/quote]
You are so young, I remember the first one of these OBM posted.

Glad to see you're still doing well, OBM

Edit, it explains his nation name too: Orchietomy is what the surgery is called.

Edited by Duncan King

Last month I went in for surgery on my yahoo (non life threatening) and as I was laying on the gurney in the pre-op room a kid about around the age of 20 got wheeled in and placed next to me.

I struck up a conversation and he told me that he was going in to have his testicle removed and that the cancer had spread all throughout his body. But then he smiled and said "I think I'm going to be okay." The fact that he could be that positive and that strong was really amazing to me.

After we both finished surgery as I got wheeled by his bed I gave him a high-five.

The morale of this story? Listen to OBM.