@ MHA

kitex

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your nation, its ability to take damage, deal damage, send aid, and drain resources is only a minor part of your ability to contribute or damage MHA. Any great alliance is founded on the greatness of its members, not their nations. Leaving, regardless of how it may affect an alliances IG power, robs your alliance of your personality and potential to contribute to its community important discussions.

In any case, good luck.

Fighting is great. Why would you want to surrender?

I guess it is you younger nations who take war for granted. This is the most fun I have had in a very very long time.

And like everyone said, surrendering only hurts because then those attacking nations will attack your other comrades instead.

o/ To war.

-omfg

[quote name='omfghi2u2' date='17 February 2010 - 12:10 AM' timestamp='1266383443' post='2187112']
Fighting is great. Why would you want to surrender?

[b]I guess it is you younger nations who take war for granted. This is the most fun I have had in a very very long time.[/b]

And like everyone said, surrendering only hurts because then those attacking nations will attack your other comrades instead.

o/ To war.

-omfg
[/quote]
Extend this to some smaller alliances too. credit where credit is due. TORN all but died post Karma war and now theyre getting wrecked but i havent heard of them looking for peace just yet meanwhile several equally sized alliances have thrown in the towel after a couple days of fighting

Also, how where the nukes i dropped on you? :P

There may be some irked members of the MHA because of your surrender, but nobody is going to throw a fit over it. The main sentiment is that you did something entirely unnecessary. Also, remember that you aren't precluded from rejoining, but you should be prepared to explain your actions should you reapply.

Ohhh poor poor Kitex, my friend. You're a nice person and I hope folks can forgive you... but your judgments in this particular case have been entirely flawed.. all the way from surrender to considering breaking surrender terms.

Alliance is more than just about pixels, it is about community. You are supposed to share the burden together. Leaving in the middle of a war leaves folks to question your integrity and the friendships you may have forged with them. I was utterly annihilated in Karma. I didn't stick with the NPO because I agreed with the policies necessarily though, I stuck with them because I could find a no more loyal or hard-working group of friends. The comradeship that had been developed over time was something I simply could not betray for any reason. Never abandon your community during war unless you've spoken with them in detail about it and come to the consensus you have no other choice.

If you have found your community lacking or simply want to change communities.. wait til the wars are gone. At least in doing so you have given your all for your community when they needed you and they will understand it's not simply a matter of being a fair-weather friend.

All the same, I hope some alliance finds it in their hearts to take you in and forgive you for the mild sin of choosing pixels over friendships once things are done. Besides.. you should revel in your casualty count. At least, that's what I do.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

@ Kitex,

I know you have been a dedicated Hitchhiker for a long time. I know you would not surrender fearing for your pixels, only if you thought you could not do anything useful against your opponents. So if you would come back and explain yourself I'm pretty sure we would forgive and forget.

[quote name='Killer Monkey land' date='17 February 2010 - 04:30 AM' timestamp='1266377435' post='2186898']
Yes your alliance is right, you should keep taking damage so the upper level alliance members can keep their pixels.
[/quote]

Well actually most of our enemies are kinda beaten down by us so there will be no targets left in our range by the end of this week :) Besides, why care about our pixels if we have a war chest large enough to rebuy all at the end of this war.

Edited by Il Principe

[quote name='wickedj' date='17 February 2010 - 05:32 AM' timestamp='1266384771' post='2187153']
Extend this to some smaller alliances too. credit where credit is due. TORN all but died post Karma war and now theyre getting wrecked but i havent heard of them looking for peace just yet meanwhile several equally sized alliances have thrown in the towel after a couple days of fighting

Also, how where the nukes i dropped on you? :P
[/quote]

Pft. I would comment, but I like not getting warned by moderators for OOC remarks. :smug:

You should teach my TOP opponent to nuke me more and to attack me more. I dont understand why he is not utilizing his 2.6 bil warchest.

-omfg

Do what [i]you want[/i] to do. Ignore the tools here who are moaning about your decision and just do what you think is right. You shouldn't ask for anything more than that from yourself and if doing so makes a bunch of idiots unhappy then so be it. They're just idiots anyways.

Kitex,
I am afraid that you made many mistakes:

[list=1][*]By surrendering, you allowed the enemy nations that were engaging you to move to another target in the MHA.
[*]You surrendered to save your nation's stats, but your nation was and still is small and - frankly - with the usual MHAid one can get (especially after having fought a war) you would have been rebuilt well over your initial level. I know that after a war I continue to pump out aid as long as there's someone asking for it.
[*]You weren't far from ZI:
[list][*]Your attackers were just wasting an offensive slot on you, while you could have still hurted them significantly with (at least) your CMs.
[*]After having hit ZI the MHA could have pumped some more aid into your nation, and you could have been very effective against tiny enemy nations, coming "out of the blue" on them.
[*]You wasted the chance to become able to brag about your sacrifices for the MHA ("I went to ZI for the MHA"). And you wouldn't have really stopped your nation's growth (see above).[/list]
But, you didn't hit ZI... :(
[*]You didn't create a proper resigning thread in the proper MHA forum (at least, I am unable to find it). Explaining yourself would have helped a lot in having yourself explained.
[*]Above everything, [b]you didn't ask for assistance, guidance and/or help[/b]. The MHA would have been glad to discuss with you everything you can read above, and much more.[/list]

I anyway think that your bad choices were made out of ignorance and not because of malice. I wish you well for your future.

(Please start with respecting the surrender terms you accepted from IRON. Why would you want to break your own word?)

[quote name='emily' date='17 February 2010 - 12:39 AM' timestamp='1266395959' post='2187329']
Wimp!

I haven't surrendered! :smug:
[/quote]

Good for you.

Anyway, Kitex. You surrendered not because you're a deserter, but simply because you thought it was best for the alliance, and that's fine. Even though we could have built you back up, as long as you fought bravely, I'm pretty sure you'll be sippin PGGB's again in no time.

With a proper warchest you can easily rebuild in peace mode and come back and pwn with your superior wonders. You can say that aid is prolonging the inevitable, but if you aren't staggered there's no point in surrendering.

Edit:

Just checked his nation. You peeked at 16,000. You were a small nation when things are still cheap for you. It wouldn't have been any effort to have you rebuilt with aid.

Edited by Fireandthepassion

[quote = emily]
Wimp!

I haven't surrendered!
[/quote]

You aren't MHA, so wha?

Kitex, you have made mistakes. After the war, swing on by, we may yet take you back. But for the love of God do not go back on you surrender terms. We will not take you back after that.

You are Hitchiker, not MXCA. You have honor, do not hop in and out of POW status like a MXCA bod.

I'm sorry but your reasoning makes no sense to me. What damage would have been done to you is still going to be done, only now to one of your brothers rather than you. And instead of helping to cause as much damage as possible, for your brothers, and maybe help t bring the war to a close faster, you'll be hugging those pixels. What aid you can send after the war is over is limited by the system, and isn't near as much a contribution as fighting would have been.

Sorry to hear you thought this was a good reason instead of sticking with MHA, from the ones I've met they're good guys over there, and you'll be loosing some loyal brothers. Heres to never hugging those pixels again!

Infra is nothing to an alliance, the people are what make the difference.

I would surrender only if I had Zero infra, Zero tech, Zero land, Zero troops, Zero money , Zero NS and I had 60 or more days of unpaid bills.

Then and only then would my presence in the war to mean nothing, I would not be able to declare war due to troopless anarchy and I would not be considered a valid target to the enemy so I would not be attacked by them so I would no longer be able to prevent someone else being attacked by taking a hit for the team.

Edited by Prime minister Johns

Ignoring the fact that you are abandoning your friends and looking at it from a pure pixelhugger point of view...

Even if you get ZI'd, once the war is over your alliance mates will help you rebuild.

When you turn your back on them, you may save a little infra and tech, but you'll have given up the alliance infrastructure which would have helped you rebuild after a long and destructive war. I'm not familiar with MHA's finances, but I imagine MHA has enough banks to quickly get you rebuilt back to whatever you were at before the war and then some.

Edited by Jerichoholic

I can follow your reasoning. It sounds like you were trying to do what was right & help your mates. Now you have learned a bit more, so you can better understand what you were actually contributing. Additionally, it's not a burden to rebuild a nation. I don't know any alliance that balks at it or even bats an eye; an alliance is a team, and it's understood that the smaller nations on a team are going to have more of a struggle. No worries there :)

I agree on the 'not breaking terms' bit. Though your nation can be destroyed, your citizens slaughtered, and your infrastructure flattened, your word still remains. It is often all folks have to judge you by.

MHA is lucky to have had you. I would take someone with your spirit any day, & twice on Sunday.

Props to MHA for handling this well.