Report Forum Issues Here

admin

[quote name='Vivi' date='15 March 2010 - 05:52 PM' timestamp='1268690244' post='2226589']
http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members&module=messaging

Click on the button on the top right that says "Compose new".
[/quote]
To get to there with out having to find that link Vivi posted click the Arrow then click Messenger

• 3 weeks later...

This may not be a bug, and is rather my browser being mess up (Or me... Frankly, it's usually my own personal errors), but I cannot use any of the formatting tools on top of the reply box. I click on "fonts" or "sizes" or "bold" or the emoticon emoticon button... thing, and nothing happens, it all just sits there.

[quote name='Il Terra Di Agea' date='30 March 2010 - 11:32 PM' timestamp='1270009937' post='2241861']
This may not be a bug, and is rather my browser being mess up (Or me... Frankly, it's usually my own personal errors), but I cannot use any of the formatting tools on top of the reply box. I click on "fonts" or "sizes" or "bold" or the emoticon emoticon button... thing, and nothing happens, it all just sits there.
[/quote]
I believe IPB uses JavaScript to run those. Make sure your browser is set to allow that to run properly. You may also want to make sure you're using the current version as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Test out the reply functions on here with Internet Explorer 7. Using both the Quick Reply and the Full Reply, the box does not have it's own location, but rather appears on top of (or behind) other items on the page. For example, this text is about to go right behind the formatting toolbars. Very distracting at the least, and potentially prohibitive of certain functionality.

[quote name='King Irwin' date='13 April 2010 - 09:17 PM' timestamp='1271211428' post='2259524']
Test out the reply functions on here with Internet Explorer 7. Using both the Quick Reply and the Full Reply, the box does not have it's own location, but rather appears on top of (or behind) other items on the page. For example, this text is about to go right behind the formatting toolbars. Very distracting at the least, and potentially prohibitive of certain functionality.
[/quote]
Sorry, but that's entirely the fault of IE7 incorrectly displaying the HTML. I would recommend you upgrade to IE8, which works correctly and is more secure than IE7, or use another browser.

Gots another one for you mods:

[quote]•Make a new thread for something that is almost the same as a thread that already exists. If you "got an idea" from [b]anther[/b] thread, but your idea is really just the same as the original thread(with maybe one difference), just put it in the original.
[/quote]

Spelling mistake. Silly mods.

[quote name='Ronald McDonald' date='18 April 2010 - 04:53 PM' timestamp='1271623964' post='2265282']
I was trying to post a question in the question center, and there is no place to put a title. Then i tried to submit it anyway and it said you must enter a title of at least 2 characters.
[/quote]

That's a browser issue, almost 100% certainty. Try using another browser than the current one you have up or try updating your browser.

[quote name='supercoolyellow' date='19 April 2010 - 04:09 AM' timestamp='1271646565' post='2265747']
since yesterday i cannot post replies to people's blogs or in their profiles,

Thx in advance to looking into this.
[/quote]
Is it possible that you replied to an "Approve all comments" blog? I see two comments from you [url=http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=blog&module=display&section=blog&blogid=165&showentry=1645]in this blog[/url] the second of which was not approved by the owner so it may have led you to believe that you were unable to comment at all. Some blog owners choose to use this setting which allows them to approve or ignore all comments on their entries before they appear publicly.

• 1 month later...

[quote name='Arrnea' date='09 February 2010 - 10:34 AM' timestamp='1265682857' post='2169555']Still getting this error off and on. Usually I can get around it by going back to the forum index, hard-refreshing then clicking the thing right away.
If I click something else on the page first, it usually doesn't work.

By the way, I'm using Firefox 3.5.7 on Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic".[/quote]
Hey what do you know, I'm still getting this error. <_<

[quote name='Arrnea' date='24 May 2010 - 12:12 PM' timestamp='1274717536' post='2310293']
Hey what do you know, I'm still getting this error. <_<
[/quote]

This seems like a cookie problem. I'm thinking it may be IP.Board erroring here because on another forum (which uses IP.Board 3 as well), people have complained about the same issue on different systems, aka: Windows 7 with FF and we're having this problem.

I personally haven't had this problem so I'm not sure what it could be. It might be one of the cookie settings in the ACP.

When I reply to something in the AP or any section, this happens: [img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5963/exampleop.jpg[/img]
I can't see what I'm writing, and it's really annoying. (see where the text bar is.

[quote name='caligula' date='30 May 2010 - 12:18 PM' timestamp='1275239895' post='2316771']
When I reply to something in the AP or any section, this happens: [img]http://img690.imageshack.us/img690/5963/exampleop.jpg[/img]
I can't see what I'm writing, and it's really annoying. (see where the text bar is.
[/quote]
I had a simliar problem. If compatibilaty views in the Tools section is checked, uncheck it. Thats what I did. If that doesn't work I don't know what to do.

Okay, I think this issue may be known by now, but it may not so I'm reporting it anyway.

All the time stamps, when viewing the forum index and the topic listings are all in Unix Timestamps, as seen in the attached pic (hidden in spoiler)

[spoiler][IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/16k6j9v.png[/IMG][/spoiler]

Can we get an admin to fix this please? :)

Edited by Diablofan

I made a suggestion in the suggestion box, and admin quoted it to state that he implemented it. I got the following email:
[quote]
Subject: admin started a new personal conversation with you
Ghuxalia,

admin has sent you a new personal conversation entitled "admin quoted a post you made".

admin said:
======================================================================
Hello!

This message is to notify you that one of your posts has been quoted by admin.

The post that was quoted can be found here:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84498&view=findpost&p=2265089

The post that admin submitted can be found here:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=84498&view=findpost&p=2325167

----------------------------------
------------ QUOTE ----------

Currently, when buying infrastructure, a nation must type in the number of levels to be purchased. This is fine, when buying small amounts, but can consume large amounts of time when buying in bulk, such as for infra jumps. To make it easier for people to buy in bulk, the last amount purchased should remain in the purchase field, like it is for tech. It is a bit different, as tech is bought from a drop-down menu, and infra is typed in, but it would be incredibly helpful when buying infra.

-----------------------------

I implemented this for the infrastructure and land purchase screens.
----------------------------------

If you no longer wish to receive notifications of quoted posts, you can adjust your preferences on the
board by clicking My Settings, and then choosing Notification Options.

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php
======================================================================

PLEASE DO NOT REPLY DIRECTLY TO THIS EMAIL!
You can reply to this personal conversation by following the link below:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?app=members&module=messaging&section=view&do=showConversation&topicID=119001#msg130689
[/quote]

I know it's a special email because it's admin, but it's not a new "personal conversation."