Where SE ends and TE begins...

Yesterday, still feeling resentful over the lack of war in SE, I was tempted by the notion of going rogue.

Going rogue in SE seemed like a great wastage of 'real' pixels, so instead I decided to go rogue in the world of TE where the pixels aren't nearly as valuable.

http://tournament.cybernations.net/nation_...tion_ID=1001134

As you will see in my nation above, I had my wars labelled after SE frustrations:

"Worst War Ever! ∴ Going ROGUE!"

"Going at TPF on THIS PLANET!!"

"WWE!!!! and Save pixels in SE "

I also had something explicit in my bio until I changed it.

Now, back in SE, I receive an angry PM from an individual, whose name will remain anonymous, telling me he was not amused by my decision to bring SE affairs into the TE universe, saying that the community and admin both frown upon this practice. He also noted how TPF members in TE =/= TPF in SE.

I responded by saying that my philosophy behind the difference in worlds as

CN being how I live my life in the real world and TE being how I play Grand Theft Auto.

Even though I felt it was perfectly ok to go rogue in TE without repercussions in SE, I fully agreed with his general statement that SE and TE should be sharply separated. Thus, I noted that I would continue to let out angers from SE into TE, but I promised not to advertise them ever again.

So, what does the community and admin think about this? Does everyone agree with these positions?

I don't think things should spill over from SE to TE. One of the cool features of TE is that enemies can become friends and vice-versa. Letting things spill over could, in the extreme, lead to alliance wars in SE becoming alliance wars in TE. I'd much rather make new friends and enemies without worrying if I'm putting my SE alliance at risk.

To me, keeping things entirely separate makes both versions more fun.

Don't let emotions get the best of you. In my opinion, TE is better than SE in many ways, and after the failure of the SE war I'm pretty sure it is definitely more fun.

SE is slowly dying. Hopefully TE can maintain its numbers despite SE's lack of action.

also, I hope you get pounded :)

I don't think that there should be any bleed over between SE and TE, either way. If that happens, I would expect the number of people playing TE would significantly fall off.

You could be attacking a nation in a TE alliance that is not even in that alliance in SE.

There is no one-to-one relationship. Nearly all TE alliances are made up of nations from many different alliances. You never know, you may be attacking a TE nation in "X" alliance that could actually be in your SE alliance. :unsure:

also, I hope you get pounded :)

After 538 days of CN, it's about time someone said that to me! B-)

edit: 500th Post!

Edited by capitalC