Game Update

Slayer99

Defcon Level Change  

703 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

When i first posted i didnt even really think of spies and lower level nations.

Ok lets look at what this will do to nations.

1. If you get attacked by a rogue or another alliance your done. No more wars lasting for a few days to weeks. Wars will last 1 night. As soon as a nation gets declared on in 1 night, alliance wars, they will be anarchied, which already hurt your income, and then take 5 days of a pounding before you can fight halfway decently. So a good blitz by a decet alliance will kill an alliance in one night.

Along with that if you get attacked by a rogue you get to be pounded for 5 days without being able to do anything about it. Even alliance members will basically tell you your SoL because they are also at a low defcon. THey can pump cash into you but that wont help much.

2. Spies are so powerful its insane. Now that it will tke 5 days to go defcon 1 someone can just spy on you and BAM your back to defcon 5 and done for.

3. Economy. The lower level nations already have a hard time with bills and growth as it is but the second theygo defcon 4 they might as well forget about growth for quite a while.

4. Blitzes. They are gone. As soon as an alliance starts to go defcon 4 and then 3 everyone realizes whats up and they can prepare.

In short....Worst....Idea....Ever

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When i first posted i didnt even really think of spies and lower level nations.

Ok lets look at what this will do to nations.

1. If you get attacked by a rogue or another alliance your done. No more wars lasting for a few days to weeks. Wars will last 1 night. As soon as a nation gets declared on in 1 night, alliance wars, they will be anarchied, which already hurt your income, and then take 5 days of a pounding before you can fight halfway decently. So a good blitz by a decet alliance will kill an alliance in one night.

Along with that if you get attacked by a rogue you get to be pounded for 5 days without being able to do anything about it. Even alliance members will basically tell you your SoL because they are also at a low defcon. THey can pump cash into you but that wont help much.

2. Spies are so powerful its insane. Now that it will tke 5 days to go defcon 1 someone can just spy on you and BAM your back to defcon 5 and done for.

3. Economy. The lower level nations already have a hard time with bills and growth as it is but the second theygo defcon 4 they might as well forget about growth for quite a while.

4. Blitzes. They are gone. As soon as an alliance starts to go defcon 4 and then 3 everyone realizes whats up and they can prepare.

In short....Worst....Idea....Ever

Correct, this is a terrible idea.

This is the equivalent of saying that all the functions of the game should be used and players should be forced to use them. I think that since you're nuclear capable, you should be forced to buy nukes, one per day, until you have the maximum. It doesn't make DEFCONs 2-4 any more useful than they are now, it simply makes them necessary.

it does make them more useful. an alliance that stays on defcon 3 will have a huge advantage in war over one that stays in Def 5. likewise a dfe 5 alliance will have a big growth advantage. It adds more strategy and depth to the game. I really dont see what wrong with this idea.

it does make them more useful. an alliance that stays on defcon 3 will have a huge advantage in war over one that stays in Def 5. likewise a dfe 5 alliance will have a big growth advantage. It adds more strategy and depth to the game. I really dont see what wrong with this idea.

It makes a slow game even slower. For nations such as myself that spend the majority of time in DEFCON 5 this is a pain in the event of a war. Especially with spies. Should spies become balanced with respect to this update (only able to change DEFCON up or down one level at random) then this might be interesting. However, I still see it as a pain, realistic how it may be.

Edited by Varses

What people don't understand is THE PENALTY IS NOT THAT BIG.

Your soldiers fight in defcon 5 with 76% effectiveness. THAT ISN'T THAT BAD. Nor is the 4 point happiness difference between the different defcons.

Also, in alliance wars, if it is a surprise attack both alliance's nations will be in defcon 5, so they'll be on equal footing.

If a nation takes 4/5 days to get to Defcon 1 from 5, that's more than halfway through the war itself... we might have to increase the amount of war time to compensate, which would in turn overload the servers.

Neutral Menace talking about war times using the word 'we' :ph34r:

This is true. I also feel that the increasing complexity of the game is meant to maintain the loyalty of established members at the expense of becoming much more daunting for new members i.e. a much steeper learning curve.

Edited by Varses

Ive decided to stop fighting these ridiculous nonsensical debates and offer some constructive criticism.

A) the defcon level should be +- 1 a day. this will help equalize the current battle platform that gives more towards larger more infra/tech savvy nations by making it possible for weaker nations to actually do something. (granted it would suck for the weaker nation if reversed)

Weaker nations can still wreck stronger ones in battle. Underdog bonus and all that. And while we're speaking of combat... Let me check your AA... Yep. That's what I thought.

B) It is possible to attack and defend succesfully at decon5. With the widespread use of nukes anyway... does it really matter if you get nuked at defcon 5 and defcon 1?

What? This change should be implemented because nukes hurt regardless of your DEFCON. Is that what you're trying to say? If so, how does it support your argument?

c) if this does anything to gameplay. It requires alliances to be more coordinated with their war preparations.

Those are my reasons for supporting this

The most coordinated alliances are already superior in war. Do you really want to make it easier for the Orders to crush Mario and company?

What people don't understand is THE PENALTY IS NOT THAT BIG.

Your soldiers fight in defcon 5 with 76% effectiveness. THAT ISN'T THAT BAD. Nor is the 4 point happiness difference between the different defcons.

Also, in alliance wars, if it is a surprise attack both alliance's nations will be in defcon 5, so they'll be on equal footing.

So says the neutral. There is a big difference fighting at maximum strength and 76% strength.

So says the neutral. There is a big difference fighting at maximum strength and 76% strength.

Not that big.

Considering that a guerrilla camp adds 35% effectiveness. A one guirilla camp difference makes a bigger difference than one guy being at defcon 5 and the other at defcon 1.

Not that big.

Considering that a guerrilla camp adds 35% effectiveness. A one guirilla camp difference makes a bigger difference than one guy being at defcon 5 and the other at defcon 1.

Go into an alliance war in Defcon 5 and then come talk. A guerrilla camp adds 35% before Defcon reductions.

Edited by UnitedCorea