Make tanks worth a crap

Clash

If a CN tank were a real-life, real-time vehicle, it'd be a 1978 Ford Pinto.

That's how realistic they truly are.

CN tanks reek, make them tougher. It we want to be really cool, grade them the same way that planes are graded. Level 1 tanks being a dude on a horse and Level 9 tanks being the current top-of-the-line Abrams tank, or whatever is thought of as the best tank availiable on the planet. Wouldn't that make the game more interesting? Put the same coding in that's used for aircraft, and change the battle math calculations roughly the same way. Not that hard to do, and improves the game.

Nobody ever looks at these threads anyways, as near as I can tell.

But what the heck, I'll suggest it anyways.

I agree with you, Clash. Though you're over estimating the capabilities of a CN tank lol.

More accurately they would compare to a 1932 Ford T-Bucket.

I agree, Tanks need revamped. I mean the damage they do is negligible at best.

I personally use them for Kamakazi weapons. Now IRL soldiers need anti tank weapons and Anti tank defense systems to destroy these guys. I feel CN tanks should play by the same rules as their RL counterparts. IRL the most feasible ways to kill tanks is with other tanks, rocket artillery and Hand Grenades. Tank traps also work.

a Tank trap improvement would be nice. Nations should have to stock Anti tank weapons to kill tanks period. And Tanks should do wayyy more damage than they are currently capable of.

I agree with you, Clash. Though you're over estimating the capabilities of a CN tank lol.

More accurately they would compare to a 1932 Ford T-Bucket.

I agree, Tanks need revamped. I mean the damage they do is negligible at best.

I personally use them for Kamakazi weapons. Now IRL soldiers need anti tank weapons and Anti tank defense systems to destroy these guys. I feel CN tanks should play by the same rules as their RL counterparts. IRL the most feasible ways to kill tanks is with other tanks, rocket artillery and Hand Grenades. Tank traps also work.

a Tank trap improvement would be nice. Nations should have to stock Anti tank weapons to kill tanks period. And Tanks should do wayyy more damage than they are currently capable of.

yarly. currently tanks bring very little to battle but cost a good amount to purchase and upkeep for very little in return.

If you think tanks suck, try running a few ground attacks without them. They make a huge difference in your battle odds.

Right now 1 tank = roughly 25 soldiers and it's destroyed.

And they are so easily destroyed. I've personally lost hordes of them in wars.

I've had my opponent(s) bounce back quickly and put a hurt locker on me.

I feel the formula should be changed so 1 tank does the same amount of damage as say 100 soldiers, or 250 soldiers and can only be destroyed by the appropriate defense systems/soldier armament/Nuclear weapons or other tanks (Like Aircraft can only be destroyed by missiles/Nukes or other aircraft).

They should follow the same rules as every other CN vehicle.

Edited by Liman Von Sanders

If you think tanks suck, try running a few ground attacks without them. They make a huge difference in your battle odds.

I never deploy tanks in offensive assaults, I've yet to lose a ground attack...that being said. There worthless aside from defense, offensively they aren't cost effective and are cut-through like butter.

Technology increases the effectiveness of tanks and troops AFAIK. Tanks in-game function much as they do in RL; they cost a lot of money, are vulnerable in battle -- and they are essential components of a ground force.

Those of you who are calling for RPGs and such should consider that anti-tank weapons are already factored into the game. Anybody who knows armored assault is aware that troops and tanks compliment each other. Try sending in tanks without troops and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...
Different levels of tanks, like AF, might be a good idea. But this has been covered before and didn't happen.

I kind of figured it had been, but also figured I'd give it a try.

Level one tank: Dude on a horse.

I reallllyyyy want to see that.

• 4 weeks later...