Cruise Missile Base Damage

enderland

Did this change to 5 infra damage in standard? I know it was in TE, but I see nothing in the update log to indicate it as such.

However all my CMs have been doing only 1/2 the damage they should, which means that the base value is only 5 infra and not 10.

Actually it's was base 5 + number of satellites (up to 5) - number of missile defenses (up to 5) for as long as I can remember. Hmm... :mellow:

Wow almost every aspect of this post is wrong.

It wasn't base 5.

That's not hwo satellites work.

It's not how missile defenses work.

Using this thread as reference:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=25061

It appears that between the Karma war for Kronos ended (roughly May 10th), and July 27th, the database somehow got meshed with the TE database.

My guess is that on July 14th when the spy ops for TE were implemented in SE, somehow the CM damage from TE was incorporated into SE.

Also just in case anyone thinks that there was a 5 base damage before, using this:

<oinkoink12> Your cruise missile attack against Nitronia was a success. Nitronia lost 24 defending tanks, 4.88 technology, and 24.42 infrastructure.

It would mean that oinkoink had a ton of tech because:

DAMAGE = 5 * (1.5) * (0.5) * (1 + tech/5000)

Which results in him having about 27k tech at the time, which is obviously not correct.

Also note that the infra/tank damage is the same, whereas in the following CM I sent (identical to many others) the infra damage is 1/2 the tank damage:

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Alden Peterson. You lost 15 defending tanks, 1.51 technology, and 7.55 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

I'm pretty sure it was 10, 15 with satellites and then 7.5 if your enemy had missile defenses (always hated this, made missile defenses more useful than satellites). After that the tech bonus was applied.

Edited by Viluin

Using this thread as reference:

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=25061

It appears that between the Karma war for Kronos ended (roughly May 10th), and July 27th, the database somehow got meshed with the TE database.

My guess is that on July 14th when the spy ops for TE were implemented in SE, somehow the CM damage from TE was incorporated into SE.

I think you're right. I looked through some battle reports for rogue wars and I can narrow the timeframe a little bit more. Both messages involved wars where the participants were under 2000NS.

On June 24, CM's still had a base of 10:

June 24th

Your cruise missile attack against XXXXXXXXX was a success. XXXXXXXX lost 1 defending tanks, 2.01 technology, and 10.04 infrastructure.

And by July 24th, the CM base had dropped to 5

July 24th

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by XXXXXXXX. You lost 2 defending tanks, 0.92 technology, and 5.06 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Your suggestion of July 14th when the TE spy ops were incorporated into SE makes the most sense given the one month that it could have occurred.

I assume you mean CM's? Here's my last CM sent:

To: Kilika From: Azusa Date: 11/18/2009 2:41:33 PM

Subject: Cruise Missile Attack

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Azusa. You lost 0 defending tanks, 1.01 technology, and 5.05 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

No improvments that would affect the damage on either side.

Did he have tanks though locke?

No, he was pretty much turtling. I stripped the tanks off all my targets, and none really fought back. :P The only CM's that hit tanks are gone from my outbox now. When I can clear slots and hit new targets, I'll post up a report in here.

Can anyone check if the base damage for tanks in TE is 10?

I do not have a TE nation and thus cannot check.

To: XXXXXXXX From: Me! Date: 11/22/2009 8:14:03 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Titanium Crusher. You lost 10 defending tanks, 1.01 technology, and 5.07 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Yep it seems that in TE the tank damage is 10.

To: XXXXXXXX From: Me! Date: 11/22/2009 8:14:03 AM

Message: Your nation has been attacked with a cruise missile by Titanium Crusher. You lost 10 defending tanks, 1.01 technology, and 5.07 infrastructure. Any existing peace offers that were on the table have been automatically canceled.

Yep it seems that in TE the tank damage is 10.

Yeah looks like the code base for TE got transferred to SE at some point.

Wow almost every aspect of this post is wrong.

It wasn't base 5.

That's not hwo satellites work.

It's not how missile defenses work.

If the base was 10, then the rest of my numbers work. 50% improvement in damages w/o MD would be 15 damage, 50% reduction in damages w/o Satellite would be 5 damage. So indeed the base was 10.

I need more Ginko. <_<

I'm also going to have to be candid here and say that the change makes absolutely no sense. I think if this had been announced as a proposed change before being implemented, people would have been up in arms about it to the point of angry emails and a lengthy OWF thread. As is...it simply needs to be base 10 again.

Beyond that, if we're looking to make some tweaks to the combat system, there's been a number of descent proposals made in the Suggestion Box that could use a good test drive in TE.

Thinking back I believe that this was changed because CMs were overpowered at a base of 10. I don't know why I didn't put the change in the update log. Regardless, a base of 5 damage puts CMs in a better balance given all the modifiers that are added on top of that.

I have one question regarding cruise missiles. When calculating the damage bonus, is the sat bonus added to the tech bonus or the base damage and then tech damage on top of that? (I guess that, in numbers, it would be (5+(.1*# of sats))*(.01*tech) 5*((.1*#of sats)+(.01*tech) respectively.

I have one question regarding cruise missiles. When calculating the damage bonus, is the sat bonus added to the tech bonus or the base damage and then tech damage on top of that? (I guess that, in numbers, it would be (5+(.1*# of sats))*(.01*tech) 5*((.1*#of sats)+(.01*tech) respectively.

There's no addition involved it's all multiplication. It looks like this:

(Base)*(Satellite Modifier)*(Missile Defense Modifier)*(Tech Modifier) = (Damage)

So for an attacker with 5 satellites and 5000 tech against a target with 5 missile defenses it would be:

(5)*(1.5)*(.5)*(1.5) = 5.625

There's no addition involved it's all multiplication. It looks like this:

(Base)*(Satellite Modifier)*(Missile Defense Modifier)*(Tech Modifier) = (Damage)

So for an attacker with 5 satellites and 5000 tech against a target with 5 missile defenses it would be:

(5)*(1.5)*(.5)*(1.5) = 5.625

Almost.

You got a tech bonus of 1.5 instead of 1.3 or 1.6 with WRC.

So it would be 5*1.5*0.5*1.3=4.875

Admin, it really is some peoples only way to fight back, I strongly think it should be changed back, anyway, the maximum damage that could be done is only 27.2 Infra.