+1 happiness bonus

intent

I played cybernations a while ago, and when I played if you were trading with a nation on the same color as you you got a +1 happiness bonus. But I have several trading partners on the green team with me and I am not getting a +1 happiness from them. I just came back to CN, did they change this

You have to be on the same team when the trade is offered, and you both have to remain on that team. You used to be able to keep the bonus when changing teams, long long ago, but now you lose the bonus when you change teams, even if you both change to the same team, or one of you changes teams and then changes back; the only way to get the bonus back is to cancel the trade, get back on the same team, and then resend the offer. You also can't get the bonus if the trade is secret; secret trades are protected from trade sanctions but at the cost of the team bonus. In case you don't know what sanctions are: team senators (you should get a reminder on election days) have the power to put in place both trade and aid sanctions against a nation; a nation with a trade sanction against it on a given team cannot trade (secret or otherwise) with anyone from that team and loses all existing non-secret trades with nations on that team; a nation with an aid sanction against it on a given team cannot send aid to or receive aid from nations on that team.