Medieval CNRP

Gnost Dural

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Impy if possible...I was going to say...Kevz could get Greece and you get everything else. Tell me what you think. I'm trying to update the map now.

No no its ok I didn't realise it had been taken. Il drop my claim. Il take somwhere else.

In fact I shall take Egypt.

Edited by King Kevz

For a few rules of the top of my head. I propose this.

-cut for space-

-With tech I propose. 0-500 is equivalent to the Dark Ages, that would be from the Fall of Rome to let say the Battle of Hastings in 1066. 500-1500 is the Middle Ages, which last until 1500+ is the Renaissance. Most of us have some background in history, writing, or military technology, and I'm sure we'd be able to figure out what certain to a particular period.

The thing is for Eastern Asia and the rest of the world, we don't like following Eurocentristic scales :|

Nonetheless, claiming Mongolia, China, and Korea as the Yuan Dynasty (RL map terms, I got 1200 tech so I'll use year 1300, Yuan Dynasty)

How will force composition work in this RP? Will we be having to use technology and units used by the nation you control from that time line? In other words will I as Egpy have to use chariots or can I use things like Knights and such?

If I were to guess, they would all be relatively the same unit per se. Meaning, of the same strength, however, different cultures are more effective in certain terrains, as well as different tactics. So like if you can RP a chariot fighting force well enough, with bowman and other soldiering, then they could be just as effective as European knights. Think for a moment of the Mongols, they weren't traditional knights, but were able to run rings around the Europeans with different units and different tactical styles. But like you couldn't use technology from the Renaissance if you're still in the Dark Ages.

I'd say use knights, but for the sake of creativity, add an Egyptian flare. Question Kevz are you doing a Saracen Egypt or a Ptolemaic Egypt?

If I were to guess, they would all be relatively the same unit per se. Meaning, of the same strength, however, different cultures are more effective in certain terrains, as well as different tactics. So like if you can RP a chariot fighting force well enough, with bowman and other soldiering, then they could be just as effective as European knights. Think for a moment of the Mongols, they weren't traditional knights, but were able to run rings around the Europeans with different units and different tactical styles. But like you couldn't use technology from the Renaissance if you're still in the Dark Ages.

I'd say use knights, but for the sake of creativity, add an Egyptian flare. Question Kevz are you doing a Saracen Egypt or a Ptolemaic Egypt?

Ptolemaic Egypt sarah. Ive always liked that era of egyptian history.

Also the reason I asked about technology is because of those people who have chosen america, I mean it would be aztec spear and sword technology for them right? They never had knights or their like.

Edited by King Kevz

Ptolemaic Egypt sarah. Ive always liked that era of egyptian history.

Also the reason I asked about technology is because of those people who have chosen america, I mean it would be aztec spear and sword technology for them right? They never had knights or their like.

Well didn't the Native Americans still have booby traps and the like? Or is everything the movies tell me false?

They probally did but I don't think it would be right if we saw Templar Knights in American kingdoms and such.

Ok, then I'll RP Columbus coming to the Americas centuries early and instead of annihilating them, I will teach them about chivalry :P

I wish to claim the following land: Turkey/Jordan/Syria/Lebanon/Palestine/Israel/Cyprus/Crete/Rhodes/Dodecanese/Lesbos/Chois/Samothrace/Limnos/Samos/Icaria/Iraq/Kuwait/Georgia/Azerbaijan/Armenia/Saudi Arabia/Bahrain/Qatar/Iran
Franz, that's quite a bit.

Yeah, but he can if he wants it...

First update of the map...I know I didn't get everything. So I'll try to do it next time. Also if you want your name changed, cause I don't know what you're doing with your country, I'll do that to. Thanks. :)

Mykep will get Ireland next update...k

Sarah, I always knew it, but now everyone else can see that you are :awesome: . That name is perfectly fine for me. :D

The thing is for Eastern Asia and the rest of the world, we don't like following Eurocentristic scales :|

Nonetheless, claiming Mongolia, China, and Korea as the Yuan Dynasty (RL map terms, I got 1200 tech so I'll use year 1300, Yuan Dynasty)

Hey, the Chinese had explosive rockets long before the Europeans came there... :P

They probally did but I don't think it would be right if we saw Templar Knights in American kingdoms and such.

Don't worry, you won't. However, the Native Americans did have a basic knowledge of firearms after the arrival of the Euroopeans.

Ok, then I'll RP Columbus coming to the Americas centuries early and instead of annihilating them, I will teach them about chivalry :P

No thanks... :P