Medieval CNRP

Gnost Dural

Medieval CNRP is the essential "prequel" RP community for most of the modern CNRP players. It provides an avenue to explore storylines that lead or could lead to your CNRP's founding. It is complete with it's own map, and players will have a chance to get a fresh start from the old CNRP.

There are a few ground rules that everyone will need to follow as far as in game and nation statistics:

• Soldier count for your RP nation is based on your IG nation troops.
  • Naval vessels are likwise strictly counted by your IG nation.
  • Cavalry and Cavalry missile units are determined by multiplying your number of tanks by 50 (Tanks x 50 = # of Cavalry)
  • Cannon and siege weapons are determined strictly by your number of aircraft.
  • Land expansions may only be done by contacting a player to RP a war of his or her land, or to RP the NPC forces of that land you are trying to invade. No nation is allowed to outright refuse, and if this occurs, a GM is to be notified. All wars must be planned in some way. Refusal to participate will result in a GM rolling for your forces.
  • There are three tiers of Technology. 0-500 is "Dark Ages", which ends at roughly years 1066-1070 (Battle of Hastings). 500-1500 is the primary Middle Ages, which leads into the 14th Century (Years 1300-1450). The last Tier (1500-3500 Tech) is the Renaissance Era, starting at the year 1450 and continuing to roughly 15-50 to 1575. The formal start date of MRP is at 1066, allowing for those with higher technology in game to develop at their own pace, but also provides ample time for those smaller nations to develop on their own as well without being hampered by a timeline too advanced.

Here is the Current Map (11/18/09)

mrpworld2.png

There are currently three GM's that serve as the leaders of M-RP at present. They are Myself, Sargun and Sarah Tintagyl. If you ever need assistance within the community please do not hesitate to contact them with any comments or questions you have.

Edited by Gnost Dural

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add in Confederacy of the Aleutian.

Confederacy of the Aleutian contains of the following islands in the Bering Sea; Adak, Adugak, Agattu, Aiktak, Akun, Akutan, Amak, Amaknak, Amatignak, Amchitka, Amlia, Amukta, Anangula, Ananiuliak, Arakamchechen, Atka, Attu, Avatanak, Aziak, Bering, Besboro, Bobrof, Bogoslof, Buldir, Carlisle, Chagulak, Chuginadak, Chugul, Derbin, Egg, Gareloi, Great Sitkin, Hagemeister, Hall, Herbert, Igitkin, Ilak, Kagalaska, Kagamil, Kanaga, Karaginsky, Kasatochi, Khvostof, King, Kiska, Koniuji, Kritskoi, Little Sitkin, Little Tanaga, Medny, Nelson, Nunivak, Oglodak, Otter, Pancake Rock, Poa, Rat, Rootok, Sagchudak, Samalga, Sea Lion Rock, Sea Otter Rocks, Sedanka, Seguam, Segula, Semisopochnoi, Sledge, St. Lawrence, St. Matthew, St. Michael,, St. Paul, Stuart, Tagalak, Tanaga, Tigalda, Ugamak, Ulak, Uliaga, Umak, Umnak, Unalaska, Unalga, Unimak, Walrus, Walrus (Pribilof), Wislow, Yttygran, and Yunaska.

Confederacy of the Aleutian is a trans-Aleut inter-tribal alliance.

Edited by Generalissimo

For a few rules of the top of my head. I propose this.

-For land and expansion. While it is all good for empires to expand over a map that is pretty much all white, it turns new players off. However it just doesn't seem do able if people don't have the opportunity to expand. What I'm thinking, is if you want to expand, you should contact a player to RP an expansion war. For instance, say Sargun wanted to take Poland. A player with no ties to that area or such, playing as an NPC would fight as the Polish, almost like in a strategy game, these would be rebels. So while expansion might not be impossible, it isn't just as simple as moving soldiers into an open country and saying, "look I haz landz".

-I like the soldiers, while Medieval armies could sometimes be larger, I think that a strict interpretation is just what we need. Tanks could easily act as cannon divided by four and perhaps, and take this one with a grain of salt. Aircraft could be cavalry regiments, where 1 aircraft equals 100 cavalry soldiers. Or perhaps even less, maybe only ten or so. But that's up for debate. Navies, are another strict interpretation, of galleys, frigates, and cogs.

-With tech I propose. 0-500 is equivalent to the Dark Ages, that would be from the Fall of Rome to let say the Battle of Hastings in 1066. 500-1500 is the Middle Ages, which last until 1500+ is the Renaissance. Most of us have some background in history, writing, or military technology, and I'm sure we'd be able to figure out what certain to a particular period.

I'm developing a new CNRP alternative to both CNRP and ERP. I'm looking at having it sort of serve as a "prequel" to your current CNRP nations. It would let people plot new areas of land, and also provide an innovative and new way for folks to role play. I also think it could serve to make RP's more interesting by removing things like nukes, Cruise missles, tanks and stealth bombers. It gives newer nations a better position to play, and forces players to actually consider their actions before RPing. In all, I think it would be an excellent addition to the current RP styles. We've got modern ones, so lets add a new RP.

Below is the map that is to be used:

maptc.png

The system I would like to use in how to determine strength, troops and the like is fairly straightforward. Given that medieval troop numbers were fairly low in comparison to the number fielded by modern armies, I think we could use a strict literal interpretation of IG statistics. The amount of troops that you have IG, is the number you have in RP. Tanks will serve as Cannons, divided by 4. Cannons weren't in huge numbers, and if anyone can think of a better, more rounded way of limiting them let me know. Airplanes will not be a factor at all, and navies will also be a strict interpretation.

Technology will work much like it is in CNRP. I would like to hear other people's interpretation on how to divide the tech levels into time periods so that it will be fair.

For a few rules of the top of my head. I propose this.

-For land and expansion. While it is all good for empires to expand over a map that is pretty much all white, it turns new players off. However it just doesn't seem do able if people don't have the opportunity to expand. What I'm thinking, is if you want to expand, you should contact a player to RP an expansion war. For instance, say Sargun wanted to take Poland. A player with no ties to that area or such, playing as an NPC would fight as the Polish, almost like in a strategy game, these would be rebels. So while expansion might not be impossible, it isn't just as simple as moving soldiers into an open country and saying, "look I haz landz".

-I like the soldiers, while Medieval armies could sometimes be larger, I think that a strict interpretation is just what we need. Tanks could easily act as cannon divided by four and perhaps, and take this one with a grain of salt. Aircraft could be cavalry regiments, where 1 aircraft equals 100 cavalry soldiers. Or perhaps even less, maybe only ten or so. But that's up for debate. Navies, are another strict interpretation, of galleys, frigates, and cogs.

-With tech I propose. 0-500 is equivalent to the Dark Ages, that would be from the Fall of Rome to let say the Battle of Hastings in 1066. 500-1500 is the Middle Ages, which last until 1500+ is the Renaissance. Most of us have some background in history, writing, or military technology, and I'm sure we'd be able to figure out what certain to a particular period.

Hmmm...I like Sarah's proposal. Seems fairly well-thought-out.

Also, what is the exact time period this is in, anyway? Because I'm thinking of RP'ing as one or more of the Native American tribes.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

I'll take the original US. States: New York, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Virginia, N.&S. Carolina, Georgia, etc. etc.

Hey, too much! You take the south, I'll take from New York on North to the border--is that OK with you?

I don't know the exact amount of territory the Iriquois Leage/Confederacy controlled, but they did migrate as far south as Kentucky. However, I'm not asking for Kentucky unless you're willing to let me have it.