"Botha" mode and "Justininan"mode

Tahsir

Remove the modes?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Silver Revolution in Franzharian East Africa is the only time I can recall having something occur to my nation in RP that I did not have final control over - although it did go in a direction coincidently I wanted to move towards, which is why I didn't call "mulligan" and I allowed it to proceed.

You just illustrated my point exactly...you went along with it even though you were unsure of the outcome.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You just illustrated my point exactly...you went along with it even though you were unsure of the outcome.

I went along with it because I wanted out and it was a convenient and coincidental means which suddenly landed on my lap to extract myself from Somalia.

Edited by Botha

A good person will inform their opponent that they are attacking via PM at the least, and hopefully work out a thing or two about the coming roleplay. I'm against 'wars for lulz', and would prefer that everyone had the common decency to be sure that all of the involved people are having fun roleplaying, and not just yourself. We must remember the core purpose for roleplaying and falter very little from that.

But people must remember one other thing: when you roleplay, you must recognize the power of your actions, and bad things may happen to your IC nation based on what your country does. Thus we must all remember and abide by one thing: know what the consequences of your actions are. If you do something IC, then people may react to it, sometimes violently and possibly making a war, so you should recognize it (unless its obviously 'wars for lulz').

Remove.

People should grow spines.

Are you calling everyone who wants to avoid "wars for the lulz" and keep CNRP serious cowards? Because that is a fairly insulting and broad statement.

I also find that statement somewhat insulting. Putting some decency into all corners of CNRP is a good thing that helps gain a better community, and is most certainly not a spineless thing whatsoever.

I should probably note my opinion shouldn't count as much as some...I can count the number of wars I've been in on one hand.

The strange thing is that despite my 'avoidence' of RP wars, Transvaal has actually been in a lot of wars... probably more so than most other nations, because my IG wars cross-over into my RP. So last thing I need is moar war.

Are you calling everyone who wants to avoid "wars for the lulz" and keep CNRP serious cowards? Because that is a fairly insulting and broad statement.

No, I'm calling people like you who runs away by putting people on an ignore list and saying you'll only recognize IG wars as spineless.

It's one thing to ignore the stupidity that was the recent random nukings, but completely another for cowards like you.

No, I'm calling people like you who runs away by putting people on an ignore list and saying you'll only recognize IG wars as spineless.

It's one thing to ignore the stupidity that was the recent random nukings, but completely another for cowards like you.

If you want to battle Botha all you have to do is attack him in game. Edited by Generalissimo

I've made my stance on why I ignore certain people known, it isn't just their war RP I ignore, it is everything they do because I simply cannot trust them OOC from what I've seen of their actions. Thus, because I came to CNRP to have fun and not stress myself over dealing with people who cause unnecessary stress, I have decided to completely remove myself from them, making it a win-win scenario. They don't have to deal with me, I don't have to deal with them, we both go our merry ways.

But that is off topic, to get back on topic, I'll simply say that forcing people to RP certain things will never work, and that the guidelines are GUIDELINES, not rules.

I've made my stance on why I ignore certain people known, it isn't just their war RP I ignore, it is everything they do because I simply cannot trust them OOC from what I've seen of their actions. Thus, because I came to CNRP to have fun and not stress myself over dealing with people who cause unnecessary stress, I have decided to completely remove myself from them, making it a win-win scenario. They don't have to deal with me, I don't have to deal with them, we both go our merry ways.

But that is off topic, to get back on topic, I'll simply say that forcing people to RP certain things will never work, and that the guidelines are GUIDELINES, not rules.

I completely agree with this point of view. The creative control of a story should always remain with the author because if the author does not have control then it is not really their story. And role-playing is kind of like cooperative story telling both the players are authors of their own stories and they should have the final word on whether an action actually takes place. The game master is merely the facilitator their role is to gather information and present it in a way that encourages cooperation and perhaps work as a consultant to the players in the story to help them come to agreements about things.

Personally I like stories that are sorted out in advance so that there is no OOC bickering when the RP is presented.

And when something bad happens it happens because the player has decided that it would be an interesting story to tell and not because it was forced on them and they have their entire story hijacked and taken into areas that they do not like. This sort of thing can cause people to lose interest and leave.

Yo Sumeragi, I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Mykep/Acca Dacca had the best new account of all time. Of all time!

That having been said, shut your !@#$@#$ mouth. You're lucky that we have GMs willing to put up with !@#$ like this.

The person who starts the war should warn their enemy ahead of time, preferably a week or so before the war is declared. That way, some basic war plans can be drawn up such as who is going to win. It gets really annoying when someone goes lolrage on your and tells you that your CNRP nation is under attack after the war is declared. That happened to me before, but I managed to notice that one of the RPers that has a nation neighboring mine was RPing something suspicious.

The only exception is when the war starter is quitting CN and wants to kind of go out with a bang politely.

The person who starts the war should warn their enemy ahead of time, preferably a week or so before the war is declared. That way, some basic war plans can be drawn up such as who is going to win. It gets really annoying when someone goes lolrage on your and tells you that your CNRP nation is under attack after the war is declared. That happened to me before, but I managed to notice that one of the RPers that has a nation neighboring mine was RPing something suspicious.

The only exception is when the war starter is quitting CN and wants to kind of go out with a bang politely.

On the topic of ragequit, which this reminds me of:

PEOPLE NEED TO STOP THROWING AROUND NUKES LIKE NOBODY'S BUSINESS WHEN THEY'RE RAGEQUITTING.

Edited by Lynneth

Yo Sumeragi, I'm happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but Mykep/Acca Dacca had the best new account of all time. Of all time!

That having been said, shut your !@#$@#$ mouth. You're lucky that we have GMs willing to put up with !@#$ like this.

Lol Sargun you're such a scamp.

We must end this by ruling that ragequitting by shooting nukes is no longer allowed.

>:|

Then the ragequitters will insert 40+ pages of fatal whining that can tempt the Admin into auto banning them and use biological weapons instead.

Edited by HHAYD

Yeah.. I mean, I like how people can do what they want with their nukes and aren't restricted but ragequits (especially regarding nukes) need to be dealt with.

*nodnod*

Then the ragequitters will insert 40+ pages of fatal whining that can tempt the Admin into auto banning them and use biological weapons instead.

All the more reason to forbid using nuclear/chemical/biological weapons for ragequitting.

Unless, of course, the rage-quitting comes only after some particularly frustrating RP. Like someone is rolling you... :P

Then you just die. :V

If you keep fighting after firing ze missiles, then it's fien. But firing and then collapsin a post or two later, no.

Then you just die. :V

If you keep fighting after firing ze missiles, then it's fien. But firing and then collapsin a post or two later, no.

But then it wouldn't even BE a ragequit anymore... :P

Indeed. I mean I have shown that being massivly nuked doesn't mean its all over.

You certainly have, at that.