Would you mind a Reset?

WalkerNinja

I've heard it often said, "The only reason that I play this game anymore is for this community. I love alliance X!"

If that's the case, why get upset about a reset?

Personally, I'm for it. I can get my 7k tech back, and the chance of having a level playing field again (if only for a little while) is too irresistible to me.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to remember this question from somewhere :lol1:

That said, nope. It'd be completely awesome just to see what happens. TE doesn't really count, as the whole thing gets blown up every two months. If we could just reset the main thing, it would be Hilarious, since we'd be redoing the first few months of CN, only this time we know about LC cycling and such. Fun times.

I don't believe a reset is required. I would also bet that in 6 months time you would see about the same rankings as we do now (not same NS wise, obviously, but the nations that are on top now would still be on top then.) I also think it woul drive the less active nations that only check their nations once a week away. They wouldn't know what happened and would just be frustrated by the entire thing.

I think the result would be more dissapointing than some might expect.

Even though the numbers (nukes, tech, infra and land) would be much lower, the rankings wouldn't look much different after a couple months.

Ultimately, it won't have changed the dynamics of the game, which would be the logical motivation behind a reset, unless the reset were accompanied by a complete change of game rules, which would force alliances to once again start figuring out how things work and have something of a challenge again for a couple months.

A blank reset would do nothing but put people who cared to invest a little brain and time into their nation on the same level with those that never bothered, or failed.

I don't like a reset, the strongest point of CN is the fact that it has this much history. Although most people probably hate the NPO won/lost GWI discussion, I think those and others discussions like that make CN unique. I'm very afraid we'll loose all that history when CN would be reset.

If we could just reset the main thing, it would be Hilarious, since we'd be redoing the first few months of CN, only this time we know about LC cycling and such. Fun times.

Hmm, can't say I've heard the 'getting to test out labour camp cycling abilities' argument used very often when advocating a reset :D

a reset is a terrible idea because it will accomplish nothing and set back the political world by some time. Its not like a reset would make alliances stop hating each other it would just mean that the ones with the most members would be in power and the ones with organization and skill at nation building would be put at a disadvantage for a couple months before rising to the top again.

In short all that would happen would be many people leaving the game and several months of building up with nearly no political action or drama that keeps CN alive.

You're going to lose more people than you'd imagine. Those more likely to quit are highly underrepresented on the OWF.

At lot of time has been sunk into nations but more importantly a lot of money has been sunk into donations. You're either going to have to carry over donations in a big way or lose almost all chance in people investing in more of them. And if you carry over donations at the rate they're worth to a small nation ($12 million = $20 RL seems to be market value) what's the point in resetting? To make it worse most people buy donations from other people. Those other people lose out on all their previous donations completely. You'd literally be pissing in the face of some of the people donating the most money to the game even if you do carry donations over.

I'm just afraid, if we do get a reset, what was this all for? I mean I like stability, the face of this game constantly changes. Of course a fear could be nations growing too big and being almost unconquerable but that's for the bold to decide when to go in for the kill.

I just don't like the idea of resetting, some things should just remain constant. And if you want to change the landscape of this game? Well, do it yourselves.