Zhadum reveals NPO information: organized logs

Viluin

• Replies 953
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was never Old Guard so far as the NPO was concerned.

This should have happened years ago.

I have a deep seated hatred for the method used in this case, and am disgusted by those who took this action.

Of course, Zha mentioned the new FA strategy is to make NPO not seem as big and scary as it has been in the past. This could all just be a clever ploy, by having Zha leave and spill a bunch of tidbits people had wanted to know, but don't make any real difference except reducing the NPO's mystique, it makes the NPO seem a bit less glorified, a little more real, and serves that purpose very well. It lets people who are not a part of the NPO realize that just like any other alliance they have their internal issues, and the strong front presented is a mask that they wear well.

Thats something I could come up with, but no, you're giving Triyun and that group far too much credit. Remember, it was FA's failing and incompetence that lead to their epic butthurt in the Karma war. And I feel pretty comfortable in saying that you are probably smarter than the majority of IO's in the NPO.

Thats something I could come up with, but no, you're giving Triyun and that group far too much credit. Remember, it was FA's failing and incompetence that lead to their epic butthurt in the Karma war. And I feel pretty comfortable in saying that you are probably smarter than the majority of IO's in the NPO.

Given your continued loathing for me I take that as a pretty big statement about your feelings on the competency levels of the NPO.

But yeah, I didn't think that's what was really happening or I wouldn't have bothered saying anything.

edit:

No. I would never have made him an IO.

Okay, my bad.

Edited by Seerow

Given your continued loathing for me I take that as a pretty big statement about your feelings on the competency levels of the NPO.
I may not like you, but I've always respected your intelligence for being the real thing.

[ooc]And I've never really visited the gameplay discussion subforum.[/ooc]

Say what you will, but NPO has been nothing but friends to us.

Yes, because that means sooooooo much. :awesome:

Edited by Chron

Yes, that was amusing. I want to know what the HELL gave them the impression that Fark would fall favorably to them.

As you increasingly centralize information handling much less leaks out, on the flip side less information can be processed and make its way in. You risk crossing this barrier where there is much more information relevant to your alliance available in the game than you can collect with the number of people you have in the loop. When that happens you can start to enter some pretty elaborate pipe dreams by simply being unaware of all of the facts.

If NPO had double the amount of people sitting around that table chances are one of them would have either 1) Caught the fact that the only connection between Fark and NPO was Dilber and an MDP signed mostly to avoid a war during the Van Hoo period or 2) Somebody would have had enough spare time to hang out with another crowd and stumbled across what was blatantly obvious in some circles. That goes for a lot of situations NPO has seemingly encountered.

Intelligence structures can only be squeezed so far for operational security reasons. It's led to some of the more amusing moments in this game.

I just noticed the comments about NSO and how we "secretly" want to destroy the NPO.

I find that funny. Primarily because Zha'dam was the primary point of contention between myself and the overall leadership apparatus of the NPO. I advised that he be removed several times over a period of a couple of years and firmly believe that without his cancerous influence in the BR with his excessive trolling, etc., that the Order would be a better place today and in much better position overall.

With him gone the whole place seems nicer to me.

It's undoubtedly a biased viewpoint, but it was worth the time spent reading the logs. What really tickled me was just how wrong the NPO's idea on who would fall where for the Karma War was. (Incidentally, you'd have stood a much better chance with TOP and MHA if you hadn't held a Continuum meeting without them the day before the war.)

My favorite part was the nonsense speculation about NSO. I also found it interesting that Zha continually lambastes the FA team for getting it wrong while displaying a pretty stark lack of understanding about how the NPO/IRON relationship fell apart. In any case, going through all this subterfuge to get rid of Zha seems a bit unnecessary, since there was plenty of legitimate reason to remove him from power already.