Information/FAQ/Questions National RP

verum vox vocis

Space Program, Stock Market, Social Security...most of them directly translate or translate into something that means/does pretty much the same thing, except for a few, like the WRC, with alows you to double the power of your nuclear weapons and make them thermonuclear instead of just nuclear, and the NPP which alows yuo to RP Fusion, instead of just fission power (you are allowed to have nuclear power for electricity, etc even without it).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='28 May 2010 - 04:10 AM' timestamp='1275034189' post='2314434']
Space Program, Stock Market, Social Security...most of them directly translate or translate into something that means/does pretty much the same thing, [b]except for a few[/b], like the WRC, with alows you to double the power of your nuclear weapons and make them thermonuclear instead of just nuclear, and the NPP which alows yuo to RP Fusion, instead of just fission power (you are allowed to have nuclear power for electricity, etc even without it).
[/quote]

Yeah I wanna know what those few are. Ie: The wonders and their function in CNRP.

* Agriculture Development Program - RP only.
* Anti-Air Defense Network - 25% AA boost, 10% damage reduction overall.
* Central Intelligence Agency - RP only, but raises spy odds in-game and thus in RP as well.
* Disaster Relief Agency - Higher population, reduces fallout time.
* Fallout Shelter System - Reduces losses of damage from nuclear attacks. Reduces fallout time.
* Federal Aid Commission - Allows any kind of aid to be sent hidden without chances for a spy attack.
* Foreign Air Force Base - Raises plane cap.
* Great Monument - RP only.
* Great Temple - RP only.
* Great University - RP only.
* Hidden Nuclear Missile Silo - Raises nuke cap.
* Internet - RP only.
* Interstate System - RP only.
* Manhattan Project - Allows nukes.
* Movie Industry - RP only.
* National Environment Office - RP only.
* National Research Lab - RP only.
* National War Memorial - RP only.
* Nuclear Power Plant - RP only.
* Pentagon - Helps soldiers fight better in war.
* Scientific Development Center - RP only.
* Social Security System - RP only.
* Space Program - Pseudo-RP only; only way to go into space sans satellites.
* Stock Market - RP only.
* Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) - $75,000,000 - Reduces odds of a successful nuclear attack against your nation by 60%.
* Universal Health Care - RP only.
* Weapons Research Complex - $150,000,000 - Doubles tech advantage.

[quote name='Sargun' date='28 May 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1275063743' post='2314661']
* Weapons Research Complex - $150,000,000 - Doubles tech advantage.
[/quote]

& allows for nukes greater than 500kt, but otherwise very nice. Add this to the description in the map thread, maybe?

[quote name='Fizzydog' date='28 May 2010 - 01:20 PM' timestamp='1275078019' post='2314870']
Question about internets: since they don't affect RP, do you still need them for RPing the internets?
[/quote]
Well, not for individual users, but you need the wonder to have widespread use within your nation.

[quote name='Subtleknifewielder' date='28 May 2010 - 07:19 PM' timestamp='1275092345' post='2315086']
Well, not for individual users, but you need the wonder to have widespread use within your nation.
[/quote]

No, you just need the wonder to have super high speed advanced wonder internet within your nation. :P

• 4 weeks later...

So I'm idly considering the possibility of joining the CNRP community. I've been working for some time on [url=http://cybernations.wikia.com/wiki/Chalion]my nation's wiki page[/url], and I don't know whether joining CNRP would involve disposing of any or all of the work I put into it. I'm okay with changing the location and map so as to fit into whatever territory is available (I'm eying the Silician Protectorate with interest), but that's not my primary concern. So I have a few questions:

1. Is the CNRP world set in real-time, and does today's date in CNRP correspond with the Real-world date?

2. On a related note; if I establish a CNRP nation, is it assumed to have been founded just that day? Or can it have a history, going back hundreds of years (i.e. can I incorporate the Chalionese history I've already devised into my RPing?)

3. I notice that there are several real-world nations on the map (France, Germany, etc.) Are they controlled by members of the roleplaying community? I couldn't find any database that matches up CNRP nations with the people controlling them.

[i]Edit: Knew I left something out...[/i]

4. Does the CNRP world have some sort of established history of its own?

Thanks!

Edited by dy Cazaril

[quote name='dy Cazaril' date='26 June 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1277611904' post='2351577']
1. Is the CNRP world set in real-time, and does today's date in CNRP correspond with the Real-world date?[/quote]
Today would be "June 26" (or June 27, depending on the time zone). However, the year can be either "2010" or "20XX", the XX standing in for whatever number you desire above 10.
[quote name='dy Cazaril' date='26 June 2010 - 11:12 PM' timestamp='1277611904' post='2351577']
2. On a related note; if I establish a CNRP nation, is it assumed to have been founded just that day? Or can it have a history, going back hundreds of years (i.e. can I incorporate the Chalionese history I've already devised into my RPing?)[/quote]
Technically the modern incarnation will be founded that day. It can have history - and indeed could have existed as a nation in the past - but the country you're RPing now technically would have been founded on that day.

Sort of like Serbia. [url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia"]Look at establishment in the infobox[/url] and you'll understand what I mean.
3. I notice that there are several real-world nations on the map (France, Germany, etc.) Are they controlled by members of the roleplaying community? I couldn't find any database that matches up CNRP nations with the people controlling them.[/quote]
Some players use the CN wiki, others use the CNRP wiki (cnrp.wikia.com), others don't use a wiki at all. Almost everyone uses "Factbook" pages in the Open National RP subforum.
[i]Edit: Knew I left something out...[/i]

4. Does the CNRP world have some sort of established history of its own?

Thanks!
[/quote]
Not really. Some players have real-life history mixed in with RP history, others just complete fiction. It's considered courteous to recognize the history of people who RP'd in the place before you, but it's not required and most people don't do it anyway.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='dy Cazaril' date='27 June 2010 - 12:59 AM' timestamp='1277614722' post='2351639']
Interesting. That gives me a few options to consider, so I guess I'll mull it over for a while. Thanks for the information. :)
[/quote]

As an addition, its kind of tilted towards recognizing the immediate history of the plot of land you get if it was a protectorate. If you come into possession of white land, however, then it become solely your choice.

• 2 years later...

I am new, what is going on, and what should I do?

Well, I'd ask in the map thread about open land. Whoever is willing to give up land could probably give you a better idea about the political situation in that area.

Also, if you use IRC; coldfront server, #CNRP, would be a good way to introduce yourself to some other players.

• 1 month later...

Relative to last year around this time, it is far more civilised, methinks. One is able to RP without getting killed, just because one is unaffiliated. Of course, tolerance for certain political ideas are incredibly low, but I think one can still have a good deal of fun out of it. In the Map thread you can see a map of where land is free. Just ask the protectorate holder for it.

As I see no updated Names and Nations thread, here's the list of those with protectorates:

Mexico - Voodoo Nova

Selenarctos - IKrolm

Tianxia - Triyun

AUP - Executiveminister and Mara Lithaen

Russian Empire - Justinian the Mighty and Imperator Azenquor

Germany - Malatose

Quebec - Kankou

Faraway - Evangeline Anovilis

Disputed: Centurius and AUP

I think those are all protectorate holders currently, sorry if I forgot one.

Character RP is also welcomed and I bet that if you seek people to RP with you, most would not decline.