Information/FAQ/Questions National RP

verum vox vocis

[quote name='Vince Sixx' date='20 April 2010 - 11:45 AM' timestamp='1271789086' post='2267886']
Yeah, regardless of your IG nation, you can start wherever in CNRP. As for being an antagonist, we've had antagonists last as long as...how long has tahoe been here?
[/quote]
Old post is old, eh? :P

In any case, Mudd was one of the first here.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To clean up a little, could the three pinned mod-explanation threads (current thread, [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=47898"]this one[/url] and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=48070"]this one[/url]) be combined into one or two threads?

• 2 weeks later...

Technically, the Fantasy Sub-Forum is [b][u]usually[/u][/b] (bolded and underlined for those who may misinterpret me) but if you wish, the Fantasy RP subforum can be used for fictional writings, like an alternate WW1 timeline where Germany won. The IG side isn't a part of CNRP, unless you wish to join CNRP using Botha Mode, where everything is as it is IG in terms of military, population, etc. Side effects such as war also affect you in Botha mode, even if nobody has declared war on you.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='04 May 2010 - 05:33 PM' timestamp='1273015989' post='2286935']
Technically, the Fantasy Sub-Forum is [b][u]usually[/u][/b] (bolded and underlined for those who may misinterpret me) but if you wish, the Fantasy RP subforum can be used for fictional writings, like an alternate WW1 timeline where Germany won. The IG side isn't a part of CNRP, unless you wish to join CNRP using Botha Mode, where everything is as it is IG in terms of military, population, etc. Side effects such as war also affect you in Botha mode, even if nobody has declared war on you.
[/quote]
My main focus was just to write up about events my nation goes through, to get rid of some boredom. It's mainly just going to be for myself, but there is a place here to post it, (Or am I not understanding the point of the Game Related RP?) so I figured I might as well do it.

It should be clarified that the CNRP Map (specifically [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76516&st=900"]http://forums.cybern...ic=76516&st=900[/url]]this thread[/url]) is only for the Fantasy RP section of the boards[b] and only for the unofficial CNRP universe.[/b] If you know things about comic multiverses, it acts similar to those. The "CNRP universe" is not the official RP of CN and you definitely do not need to put your country on the map to RP on this section.

[b]But[/b], the vast majority of the RPs and RPers in the Fantasy RP section roleplay in the "CNRP universe" and so if you wish to interact with them on the same field, you would need to place your nation on the map.

-----

After seeing what you just posted, then you would not need to post a nation on the map or do anything like that. What you're most likely looking for is Game-Related RP subsection, if the roleplay involves events directly related to your nation.

Edited by Sargun

[quote name='Sargun' date='04 May 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1273016305' post='2286945']
It should be clarified that the CNRP Map (specifically [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76516&st=900"]http://forums.cybern...ic=76516&st=900[/url]]this thread[/url]) is only for the Fantasy RP section of the boards[b] and only for the unofficial CNRP universe.[/b] If you know things about comic multiverses, it acts similar to those. The "CNRP universe" is not the official RP of CN and you definitely do not need to put your country on the map to RP on this section.

[b]But[/b], the vast majority of the RPs and RPers in the Fantasy RP section roleplay in the "CNRP universe" and so if you wish to interact with them on the same field, you would need to place your nation on the map.

-----

After seeing what you just posted, then you would not need to post a nation on the map or do anything like that. What you're most likely looking for is Game-Related RP subsection, if the roleplay involves events directly related to your nation.
[/quote]
Thank you very much, that's just what I needed to know. Who knows, I might join in the Fantasy section after a while.

Sorry to double post, but I don't think just editting bumps the thread or not.

Anyway, this one is about the Fantasy RP. if I were to create a nation in the Fantasy RP, it says that my tanks would be the max tanks that I would normally have. Is that the max tanks I would have BEFORE or AFTER I multiply my IG soldier count to ten?

Say I have 1,000 soldiers IG, does that mean in the RP I would have 100,000 Soldiers and 200 tanks? Or would I make my Soldier count 100,000 first, and then I'd have a max of 20,000 tanks?

[quote name='Zachary Bryce of Tyrus' date='06 May 2010 - 08:49 AM' timestamp='1273128554' post='2288790']
Sorry to double post, but I don't think just editting bumps the thread or not.

Anyway, this one is about the Fantasy RP. if I were to create a nation in the Fantasy RP, it says that my tanks would be the max tanks that I would normally have. Is that the max tanks I would have BEFORE or AFTER I multiply my IG soldier count to ten?

Say I have 1,000 soldiers IG, does that mean in the RP I would have 100,000 Soldiers and 200 tanks? Or would I make my Soldier count 100,000 first, and then I'd have a max of 20,000 tanks?
[/quote]
Say you have
100,000 civilians IG. This would, as per CN's calculations, result in
80,000 soldiers. You would thus have
800,000 soldiers in CNRP. Your tanks are, according to CN, a tenth of what you have as soldiers, meaning
8,000 tanks. This is the amount of tanks you'll have in CNRP.

Maximum soldiers.
Then maximum tanks.

My in game stats are as follows:
4,859 Soldiers
6,415 Working Citizens

So my RP stats would be:
Citizens: 641,500
Soldiers: 513,200
Tanks: 51,320

Correct?

Multiply my citizens by 100, 80% of that number is now my soldier count, and then 10% of my soldiers is now the number of tanks I have. Sorry, but I just want to make sure I've got it all right before I go posting any factbooks and such.

[quote name='Zachary Bryce of Tyrus' date='06 May 2010 - 03:37 PM' timestamp='1273185461' post='2289411']
4,859 Soldiers
6,415 Working Citizens

So my RP stats would be:

Correct?

Multiply my citizens by 100, 80% of that number is now my soldier count, and then 10% of my soldiers is now the number of tanks I have. Sorry, but I just want to make sure I've got it all right before I go posting any factbooks and such.
[/quote]
No. After study of the guidelines...80% of the IG (In-game) number of citizens is your max IG soldier count, and you calculate max tanks before the aplication of any mulipliers.

Max IG soldiers x 10 = RP soldiers
Max IG tanks = Max RP tanks

Therefore you would have 5,132 tanks

[quote name='verum vox vocis' date='06 May 2010 - 05:30 PM' timestamp='1273188614' post='2289459']
No. After study of the guidelines...80% of the IG (In-game) number of citizens is your max IG soldier count, and you calculate max tanks before the aplication of any mulipliers.

Max IG soldiers x 10 = RP soldiers
Max IG tanks = Max RP tanks

Therefore you would have 5,132 tanks
[/quote]
Alright, thats definitely a more reasonable number. Anyone who has 50,000 Tanks driving around is one crazy MF.

[quote name='Zachary Bryce of Tyrus' date='07 May 2010 - 01:34 AM' timestamp='1273188826' post='2289463']
Alright, thats definitely a more reasonable number. Anyone who has 50,000 Tanks driving around is one crazy MF.
[/quote]
I have almost 19,000 tanks. :3

[quote name='Zachary Bryce of Tyrus' date='06 May 2010 - 10:37 PM' timestamp='1273185461' post='2289411']
4,859 Soldiers
6,415 Working Citizens

So my RP stats would be:

Correct?

[/quote]

51,320 Soldiers not 500,000 +.

That would make it 5,132 tanks.

[quote name='Sir Keshav IV' date='07 May 2010 - 02:54 AM' timestamp='1273226073' post='2290114']
51,320 Soldiers not 500,000 +.

That would make it 5,132 tanks.
[/quote]
Durr...he calculated his soldiers after multiplying his citizens?
Then yes, he has only 51,320 RP soldiers.

[b]Tanks[/b] he actually only has a few hundred of, Keshav. 513 to be precise.

EVERYTHING is supposed to be calculated before applying multipliers.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Wait, people are telling me so many different things.

In one thread it says to multiply my citizens by 100, and then use 80% of that numbers. But another thread is telling me to just multiply my IG soldier count by 10 and leave it as that.

So, i don't multiply the max amount of tanks at all, right? Max amount of tanks IG is the most I'll be able to have in the RP.

How do i go about calculating my soldiers then? Multiply citizens by 100 and then 80%? Or multiply max IG by ten? I'm very confused...

[quote name='Zachary Bryce of Tyrus' date='07 May 2010 - 04:38 PM' timestamp='1273275513' post='2290779']
Wait, people are telling me so many different things.

In one thread it says to multiply my citizens by 100, and then use 80% of that numbers. But another thread is telling me to just multiply my IG soldier count by 10 and leave it as that.

So, i don't multiply the max amount of tanks at all, right? Max amount of tanks IG is the most I'll be able to have in the RP.

How do i go about calculating my soldiers then? Multiply citizens by 100 and then 80%? Or multiply max IG by ten? I'm very confused...
[/quote]
OK, this is how it goes.

IG, you have yourcitizen count. .Multiply that by .8 to get 80%, and those are the max soldiers you would be able to purchase IG.

A tenth of THAT number is the maximum tanks you could buy if you had that many soldiers.

NOw, for RP purposes...the number usually used for citizens is x 100, though no one will hold you strictly to that, since citizens don't matter in the overall scheme of fighting an RP war.

Your max IG soldier count is multiplied by ten to get your RP soldier count...and your max IG tanks translate into an equal number of RP tanks--no multiplier for these.

To make Subtle's explaination a bit simpler to understand, let's say for fun you have 500 IG citizens. You can thus field 400 RP soldiers. (500 x .8 = 400)

For citizens, you would have 50,000. (500 x 100 = 50,000, obviously)

Now, my math is probably wrong for the tank calculation (I'm managing to get 4k tanks) so I'll let somebody else get that. My math is probably wrong for most of this, so take this with a grain of salt unless soembody else provides real math. :v:

Edited by Markus Wilding

[quote name='verum vox vocis' date='25 September 2009 - 11:15 PM' timestamp='1253920482' post='1864369']
[b][color="#ff0000"]Welcome, and a brief summary of this section of the forums[/color][/b]

First of all, welcome to the Open National forum. I'll be your tour guide. B)

You'll see, upon first arriving here, two subforums, labelled[b] [/b][url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=73"]Game-related RP (IC)[/url] and [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=74"]Fantasy RP (IC)[/url], respectively.

The first should be self-explanatory, but in case it is not, here's a brief summary. Anything that happens to you in the game itself, whether the Standard Edition or the Tournament edition, can be RP'ed here. This goes for anything--spy attacks, trades (and sanctions), the global radiation level, wars, and even individual events within the wars, if you so desire. Anything that happens in-game is acceptable to RP out more fully here.

The Fantasy RP, however, is a little more ambiguous. While the things that are RP'd in the [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showforum=73"]Game-related RP (IC)[/url] can still be RP'ed here, also permitted in the Fantasy section are RP's that have little to no connection with ingame events. You can RP Science-fiction, Fantasy, or other things having nothing to do with the game itself. By far the biggest Role-Playing universe is termed, simply, Cybernations Role-Play (CNRP).

Both of these forums are IC. OOC should be avoided unless necessary, and if it becomes necessary...that is what the Open World Forum itself is for.

----------------

[b][color="#ff0000"]FAQ's[/color][/b]

Q: What is CNRP?

A: Cybernations Role-play. It is a role-play that is losely based upon certain ingame statistics, but is otherwise uninvolved with the game. Ingame alliances, feuds, wars, disagreements, etc, generally do not exist here.

Q: Do I have to RP in CNRP to Rp in the Fantasy forum?

A: No. And do not be put off by those who post in your threads saying various things like, "are you on the map?" or "No way is possible." These are simply CNRP'ers wondering if you are joining CNRP.

Q: In CNRP do I have to have my nation on the map RP?

A: Not necessarily. CNRP includes not only role-playing between nations, but role-playing on a small scale, or even with individual characters. A number of players have RP'd without bothering establishing a nation on the map.

Q: I have an RP thread that hasn't been active in about a month. Am I allowed to finish it?

A: Yes. Gravedigging has a looser interpretation in these three forums. While the rest of the forums only allow seven days before it is called gravedigging and you get warned, here, you are allowed greeter leeway--as long as the thread isn't three months old, or on something like the 25th page, feel free to finish it. The only thing not allowed in this case, however, is a one or two word post (in other words, contentless) whose sole purpose is to bump the topic.

----------------

This list is not complete. Feel free to ask questions about the forums here, and I and my fellow Mods will do my best to answer them. Do not be shy.

Also, other RP'ers can feel free to answer questions, as long as the answers remain respectful.
[/quote]

So - basically, im allowed to RP in both forums just reffering to my in-game nation; i dont have to declare existance or buy land or whatever here?

[quote name='JimBob' date='09 May 2010 - 04:09 PM' timestamp='1273435725' post='2292715']
So - basically, im allowed to RP in both forums just reffering to my in-game nation; i dont have to declare existance or buy land or whatever here?
[/quote]

You're allowed to RP anything related to in-game events in the Game-related RP (IC) forum. You're allowed to RP anything you want (as long as its within the forum rules) in the Fantasy RP (IC) forum. There's a limitation, though - if you want to interact with the members of the CNRP community as a nation, you will have to claim land in [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76516"]here[/url]. If you just want to RP as a character, just ask for permission from a CNRP member owning a nation you want to RP in.

[quote name='Pikachurin' date='09 May 2010 - 04:14 PM' timestamp='1273436037' post='2292720']
You're allowed to RP anything related to in-game events in the Game-related RP (IC) forum. You're allowed to RP anything you want (as long as its within the forum rules) in the Fantasy RP (IC) forum. There's a limitation, though - if you want to interact with the members of the CNRP community as a nation, you will have to claim land in [url="http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=76516"]here[/url]. If you just want to RP as a character, just ask for permission from a CNRP member owning a nation you want to RP in.
[/quote]

If he wants to be a member of the CNRP community and make himself accountable to our RP rules then he needs to make a land claim. If, however, JimBob you dont want to deal with our rules and the members of the CNRP community (we can be an intense bunch at times) you are perfectly free to not join our community, in which case you could RP whatever your heart desires (within forum rules) in the Fantasy RP Area. With that said, CNRP is always welcoming of new members and many of us are receptive to new players looking to establish a land claim in CNRP for the first time.

[quote name='Markus Wilding' date='09 May 2010 - 08:18 AM' timestamp='1273418316' post='2292483']
To make Subtle's explaination a bit simpler to understand, let's say for fun you have 500 IG citizens. You can thus field 400 RP soldiers. (500 x .8 = 400)

For citizens, you would have 50,000. (500 x 100 = 50,000, obviously)

Now, my math is probably wrong for the tank calculation (I'm managing to get 4k tanks) so I'll let somebody else get that. My math is probably wrong for most of this, so take this with a grain of salt unless soembody else provides real math. :v:
[/quote]
citizens are x 100
soldiers are x 10 (meaning in your example he would have 4000
tanks are as is, meaning 40 in that example.

[quote name='Sargun' date='10 May 2010 - 03:02 AM' timestamp='1273453316' post='2292985']
I updated the Map Thread OP with an actual example that far trumps your silly notions, guys. :P
[/quote]
[i]*Take your in-game citizen count and multiply it by .80. This number is your maximum in-game soldier count. Multiply this number by 10.0 and this number will be your maximum CNRP soldier count. Take that number and multiply it by .08, and this is your maximum CNRP tank count.
For example: if I have 10,000 citizens in-game, then I have 80,000 soldiers in RP and 1,000 tanks in RP.

*You may use whatever citizen count you wish for your CNRP nation within reason.[/i]

Second part with "whatever citizens" is fien.
But tanks not. :v:
Tanks are a tenth of your ingame soldiers. With 10,000 citizens, you have 8,000 soldiers and 800 tanks. Soldiers times ten, 80,000.
Meaning, essentially you just need to multiply citizens ingame by 8 for soldiers you have in CNRP, and citizens ingame by 0.08 for tanks.
10,000 civvies->80,000 soldiers, 800 tanks.
:3

Historically civilian population has been relatively unregulated. Some people have used a x1000 multiplier, others a x100, others have used an arbitrary number, others have used their actual IG count, and some have based it on the relative size of their land. It doesn't really matter what you do as far as civilians are concerned, because they are pretty much useless in terms of how they effect your nation or others around you. Your economy is still determined by CN (for the most part) so if you have a very low infrastructure level and a very high citizen count you would probably have a pretty awful standard of living. For the most part population is just common sense. With 10.5k Infra I could have RP'd a huge population, but I chose to role play a smaller population, because my territory was a tiny island.

Beyond that its just 10x max soldiers to determine your RP soldier count. And the number of the maximum in game tanks you can own.

Edited by iamthey