Return of the Reich

Otto Verteidiger

• Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding the current situation involving Texas and the Reich,

We are but a small, new, and insignificant nation, but as part of North America we feel that we have to say something, lest we go down as part of the cowardly silent majority-- those individuals who have neither spine nor testicles (metaphorically speaking) because of which they can make no statement, oppose no imperialism, or speak out against unjust claims. The Federal Republic of America agrees wholeheartedly with the opinion of our neighbor, New England, in her sentiments that the people of Texas have chosen the new government. This government has been legitimized by the people of Texas and by the powers that be in North America.

It is against tyrants unafraid to resort to violence and terror to meet their goals that people grow weakest-- this is the exact effect desired. Texas, hold your ground! Remember the Alamo! Good luck, and may your Commonwealth shine brightly as a paragon of defiance to injustice, so that the demon-spawn may writhe in pain at the very mention of your name.

Regards,

President Justin Patton Murphy, Federal Republic of America

OOC: <--------- Bias bias bias :awesome:

Edited by Germanic Republic

The Holy Imperium is nervous about the action to the north. Nonetheless we will remain neutral should any conflict erupt.

OOC: I can't help but notice you guys are TOTALLY supporting this based on OOC feelings. -_-

I'm having no part of this.

OOC: Except we're not. At least I'm not. Otto has legit IC claim to the land. He has been there longer than many RPers here have been on the map. And his government and my nation have had good relations. Why wouldn't I want him back ICly?

The Holy Imperium is nervous about the action to the north. Nonetheless we will remain neutral should any conflict erupt.

OOC: I can't help but notice you guys are TOTALLY supporting this based on OOC feelings. -_-

I'm having no part of this.

OOC: I'm not. I'm neutral! :awesome:

Message to the Reich:

Due to a certain number of Germans in our country protesting our decision, we reach out to you yet again. While we still refuse to step down and let you completely take over Texas, we will still allow you to settle into Texas and countinue to reside in your former Palace, which may have been moved, but as long as you still can pay its taxes, which you probably do, then you can stay here. However, if you even dare to try to stage a coup, you WILL be met with force.

OOC: Sure, 20% is good. And bias? I wanna know about this! :P

The Confederacy recognizes the Amerikanisches Reich as the legitimate government in Texas and urge the illegitimate government to vacate the country before more blood is spilled in North America.

Letter to the Reich

We will support any military action taken again Texas with our own military forces. We will also provide a staging area for a second front on Texas should you see it neccesary to do so.

The Confederacy recognizes the Amerikanisches Reich as the legitimate government in Texas and urge the illegitimate government to vacate the country before more blood is spilled in North America.

Why are we not surprised to see you oppose a legitimately-elected government, one backed by Tahoe itself?

OOC @ Shadow: And for the record, I support the one I do for clearly established IC reasons.

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

Why are we not surprised to see you oppose a legitimately-elected government, one backed by Tahoe itself?

OOC @ Shadow: And for the record, I support the one I do for clearly established IC reasons.

We feel that the Tahoe Republic's position on this issue will fall in line with our own, because we both seek to achieve lasting peace in the former Reich territories. The disappearance of the Imperial Family lead to the state of anarchy in Texas, and when they were in control of the region it served to be one of the most potent stabilizing agents in the region. Stability is neccesary is this unstable region, we've seen several civil wars and internal conflicts over such a small period of time. Texas was occupied, my country went through two revolutions, and now our northern neighbor is in danger of experiencing a civil war unlike any which has been seen in this region. You've experienced peace and stability while we've experienced non-stop internal and external strife. In the interests of peace and stability I reccomend that the Imperial Family be returned to power and that perhaps the Commonwealth could continue to exist within the Reich, possibly maintaining some of It's democratic practices.

OOC: I've also decided to support the Reich because of IC reasons. I had an OOC deal in the making with KingChris, but decided that it wasn't something my country would support in light of this.

Edited by Oates

"Man, Christian's gonna be happy with this!"

Classified:

DEFCON levels have been dropped to DEFCON 1. The Texas-Mexico border has been reinforced. Soldiers preparing to fight off nuclear weapons from the Reich. Pres. Chris Nguyen to make speech shortly.

We feel that the Tahoe Republic's position on this issue will fall in line with our own, because we both seek to achieve lasting peace in the former Reich territories. The disappearance of the Imperial Family lead to the state of anarchy in Texas, and when they were in control of the region it served to be one of the most potent stabilizing agents in the region. Stability is neccesary is this unstable region, we've seen several civil wars and internal conflicts over such a small period of time. Texas was occupied, my country went through two revolutions, and now our northern neighbor is in danger of experiencing a civil war unlike any which has been seen in this region. You've experienced peace and stability while we've experienced non-stop internal and external strife. In the interests of peace and stability I reccomend that the Imperial Family be returned to power and that perhaps the Commonwealth could continue to exist within the Reich, possibly maintaining some of It's democratic practices.

"You contradict yourself. They are stable now. Asking them to willingly give up tgheir sovereignty now as a state and government would only serve to creat instability, not stability. So if you believe stability is necessary...stay with the current status quo."

"You contradict yourself. They are stable now. Asking them to willingly give up tgheir sovereignty now as a state and government would only serve to creat instability, not stability. So if you believe stability is necessary...stay with the current status quo."

I do not contradict myself. This current government is far from stable, it is a temporary government at best. It lacks legitimacy. Also, we've seen first hand how well the Texans can control their lands. We've had to deal with cross border attacks during our civil war, attacks launched from Texan territory, which could very well mean that the Commonwealth of Texas allowed terrorists to operate within their borders. Can you honestly say that Texas is better now than it was under Reich administration?

Classified

Three Infantry Battalions have been deployed to the Rio Grande, along with an Artillery Battery and a detachment of Engineers to reinforce the border. The Zaptistas have also been reactivated and are in the process of probing and observing Texan defenses.

I do not contradict myself. This current government is far from stable, it is a temporary government at best. It lacks legitimacy. Also, we've seen first hand how well the Texans can control their lands. We've had to deal with cross border attacks during our civil war, attacks launched from Texan territory, which could very well mean that the Commonwealth of Texas allowed terrorists to operate within their borders. Can you honestly say that Texas is better now than it was under Reich administration?

"Maybe it isn't completely stable, yes--no transitional government is. But it is far more stable than the territory would be if it was forced to change from what it is to the Reich...against the wishes of the people. Do you really think the people living there would stand for that change quietly? It would at the very least cause protests, but could very easily cause riots or full-scale rebellions. You are not thinking logically."

"Maybe it isn't completely stable, yes--no transitional government is. But it is far more stable than the territory would be if it was forced to change from what it is to the Reich...against the wishes of the people. Do you really think the people living there would stand for that change quietly? It would at the very least cause protests, but could very easily cause riots or full-scale rebellions. You are not thinking logically."

Which is why we should restore the Imperial Family in as peaceful a way as possible. This problem isn't going to disappear and the Imperial Family is not going to give up their claims to Texas, they have military and political backing from some of the most powerful countries in America. And I doubt that the people are as fond of their government as they let on to be, after all the Commonwealth of Texas was the best choice they had. The people were not given the option of restoring the Imperial Family, they were given a choice between two representative governments. So how can we really know if that was what they really wanted? The answer is that we can't.

Which is why we should restore the Imperial Family in as peaceful a way as possible. This problem isn't going to disappear and the Imperial Family is not going to give up their claims to Texas, they have military and political backing from some of the most powerful countries in America. And I doubt that the people are as fond of their government as they let on to be, after all the Commonwealth of Texas was the best choice they had. The people were not given the option of restoring the Imperial Family, they were given a choice between two representative governments. So how can we really know if that was what they really wanted? The answer is that we can't.

"The Imperial Family abandoned them, or at least that's how it will look. Now said family comes back and demands that they get their territory back, with no apology and little explanation, and few followers...now how does the situation sound, described like that?"

Classified

Three Infantry Battalions have been deployed to the Rio Grande, along with an Artillery Battery and a detachment of Engineers to reinforce the border. The Zaptistas have also been reactivated and are in the process of probing and observing Texan defenses.

The reason why you had cross border attacks is because the MLF came into Texas while it was still a Tahoe protectorate. Shortly after The Commonwealth's declaration of existence, we sent troops to quell the MLF.

OOC: I hope you aren't stationing troops on the border based on my movement. That was classified.

Tahoe allowed ALL governments to petition for Texas. With the Imperial Family in Tahoe, they have no excuse to have not come out. And because of their lack of effort to do so, they did not appear on the final ballot. Texas didn't have the choice because the Imperial Family didn't give them that choice.

To be perfectly clear, the Tahoe Republic has always supported the Imperial Family and their government. The Amerikanisches Reich has our full backing.

We appeal to the good senses of the Commonwealth's leadership to lay down their arms and leave the country peacefully. Otherwise you will face war on all fronts, a war which you can not win. Choose to end this conflict in peace instead of civil war. The Amerikanisches Reich and the Tahoe Republic have the full support of the Confederacy of Mexico.

OOC: No, I built up my border defenses because I intend to declare war on you if war breaks out.

Edited by Oates

"We Support the current government of Texas" Said A Libyan spokesperson before muttering to himself as he walked back inside "Even though its run by a group of Heathen Christians".

OOC:Zomg quick someones back lets give them all our resources so they can roll the n00b and go inactive then we can repeat the cycle <_< ugh Also Welcome Back Otto :)

The Dragon Empire recognizes the The Amerikanisches Reich as the only official government of Texas, given its history in the region. We see it as a very apt solution to the concerns over sovereignty of the Texas region that had erupted between the CFNA and Tahoe and as a means of common ground to re-establish stability in the region.

"...from Texas to the Holy Imperium, the Americas are feeling a level of unrest rarely seen in the Western hemisphere. The question is, what happens next?" a Caucasian reporter said, finishing a report at the 'Texican' border.

Meanwhile, News Channel 8's ratings have risen 40% since the tensions began.