Tech Deals

StaticRoar

You do have to count on their word. But it's very rare to find a scammer. I wouldn't worry about it.

And if something does go wrong, you can expose them and all of CN will basically shun them.

I also see lots of people trying to buy 100 tech for 3 mil in the black market, but I don't get it. Wouldn't the one giving 3 mil lose profit? 100x10,000=1 mil. Does technology get more expensive as you increase in tech levels?

It does get more expensive. If you have a lot of tech on hand, and you try to manually buy more- the price skyrockets.

It's more of a deal to send 3 million to small nations that have barely any tech, that can afford to buy it. Both sides win on a tech deal.

I also see lots of people trying to buy 100 tech for 3 mil in the black market, but I don't get it. Wouldn't the one giving 3 mil lose profit? 100x10,000=1 mil. Does technology get more expensive as you increase in tech levels?

Yes, the more technology you have, the more expensive it is to purchase each additional unit. For nations with enough tech, purchasing 100 levels alone will cost a lot more than 3 million. At the same time, a small nation without much tech can make a profit purchasing 100 levels for less than 3 million and selling them to a larger nation in exchange for cash.

Yes, the more technology you have, the more expensive it is to purchase each additional unit. For nations with enough tech, purchasing 100 levels alone will cost a lot more than 3 million. At the same time, a small nation without much tech can make a profit purchasing 100 levels for less than 3 million and selling them to a larger nation in exchange for cash.

like if i bought 100 tech levels now, it'd only cost 1 mil? But if i bought it like 50 levels by 50, it'd be a lot more expensive?

like if i bought 100 tech levels now, it'd only cost 1 mil? But if i bought it like 50 levels by 50, it'd be a lot more expensive?

Not quite. You can only purchase 10 levels at a time. If you bought 50 (in 5 packages of 10 tech) starting from a base level of 0 tech, it would cost less than buying the same amount of tech starting from a base level of 50 tech and purchasing 50 more. I hope that helps clear things up.

Not quite. You can only purchase 10 levels at a time. If you bought 50 (in 5 packages of 10 tech) starting from a base level of 0 tech, it would cost less than buying the same amount of tech starting from a base level of 50 tech and purchasing 50 more. I hope that helps clear things up.

Just make sure not to buy in 10 tech increments. That costs more money. Buy it like this:

00.0-04.5

04.5-14.5

14.5-24.5

24.5-29.5

29.5-39.5

39.5-49.5

49.5-50.0

Always start buying from 0, always go up to 50 and try to keep it on hand at all times. Tech does nice things for you, like bill reduction, happiness bonus, and war bonuses.

Awh man. So if I'm at a technology level of 0, how much would it cost to get to a technology level of 100?

Just make sure not to buy in 10 tech increments. That costs more money. Buy it like this:

00.0-04.5

04.5-14.5

14.5-24.5

24.5-29.5

29.5-39.5

39.5-49.5

49.5-50.0

Always start buying from 0, always go up to 50 and try to keep it on hand at all times. Tech does nice things for you, like bill reduction, happiness bonus, and war bonuses.

How should I do it if I want to get from 50-100? Or is it cheaper to do a tech deal if I want to go to 100?

How should I do it if I want to get from 50-100? Or is it cheaper to do a tech deal if I want to go to 100?

You...don't. That will cost a lot more. Always be at 50. That costs about 816K, if memory serves. If you're tech dealing and need to send out more than 50 in a day, buy up to 50 then offer it to all parties. As each one takes their tech, rebuy. Even if you can't get everyone in one day, the slots will expire from the date of offer, not from the date taken. So, if you deal with three people and offer all of them 50 tech on the same day, give out tech to two of them on the first day, and tech to the last on the second day, all the spots still expire 10 days from the first day.

Edited by Locke

Wait, so if I'm correct, if you're at tech level 0, and keep buying tech to lvl 50 and selling it back in a tech deal to lvl 0, you can get about 2 mil profit any time you want?

Well most people do 3mil/100tech deals, so you'll make just under 1.5 mil each deal.

How much should I sell 50 tech for?

In general you don't. A perfectly fair price would be 1.5 mil, but most people around here run 3mil/100tech. And there's no real reason not to. If you're lucky you can find people willing to do 3mil/50tech.

but like u get 700k prof every time right?

From 1.5mil/50tech yes. You get double that in 3mil/100tech. Also, running 2 1.5mil/50tech deals twice will give you the same profit but take up two slots to a 3mil/100tech's one. Slots are a precious commodity and should not be wasted. Always seek to maximize the profits a slot can give you. Also, make sure to nab a foreign ministry if you don't have one yet to get 5 slots.

Edited by Locke

Does an approved foreign aid deal take up one slot?

It takes one slot to receive the cash (3 million maximum per slot) and two slots to send 100 tech (50 tech maximum per slot) or three total for the deal Locke mentioned. You cannot have more than one foreign aid offer between the same two nations during a single 10 day period, so you will have to work out an alternative or extended payment plan.

It takes one slot to receive the cash (3 million maximum per slot) and two slots to send 100 tech (50 tech maximum per slot) or three total for the deal Locke mentioned. You cannot have more than one foreign aid offer between the same two nations during a single 10 day period, so you will have to work out an alternative or extended payment plan.

So like if I wanted to sell 50 tech for 1.5 mil, it'd have to go like:

Day 1: I recieve 1.5 mil

Day 11: I give 50 tech

So like if I wanted to sell 50 tech for 1.5 mil, it'd have to go like:

Day 1: I recieve 1.5 mil

Day 11: I give 50 tech

If you wanted to return the tech to the same nation that sent the cash then yes, you would have to do something like that.

Are most tech deals like that?

Yes. There is another kind of tech deal that works differently though, called a 3x3. 1 nation sends you 3mil, and you send 50 tech to two different nations, not the one who sent the money to you. The deal is set up as such that every buyer gets 100 tech and every seller 3 mil. It takes 3 aid slots and 10 days.

Buyer A sends $3 million to Seller A.

Buyer B sends $3 million to Seller B.

Buyer C sends $3 million to Seller C.

Seller A sends 50 tech to Buyer C and Buyer B.

Seller B sends 50 tech to Buyer A and Buyer C.

Seller C sends 50 tech to Buyer B and Buyer A.

Ok so I bought 50 tech. If I buy tanks and then trade my 50 tech away through tech trades, do I still keep the tanks?

Yes, though it's bad to have tanks unless you're in wartime, at least at your size. Though once you get some cash on hand, I'd buy 30 lvl1 fighters and 20 lvl1 bombers. The upkeep on an airforce is pretty cheap and they can do wonders in war. Also, another general tip is to never keep CM's on hand, you always buy then fire right away. They needlessly inflate your NS, opening you up to be hit by stonger people. Also, they cost a decent bit in bills and can be destroyed by enemy attacks.