Senate Elimination

Eliminate the senate in TE.

It serves no real purpose as the game itself is a war game and therefore it is expected that there will be rogues, wars, etc. At the moment it's just a tool of war, which is not it's purpose. It's purpose lies inside CyberNations Standard.

Yeah I noticed you have been sanctioned for being in the #1 spot. That's a bit unfair.

I'm sure as CNTE winds down - it will be a nuke fest. When the radiation settles - we'll see who is still standing.

Yeah I noticed you have been sanctioned for being in the #1 spot. That's a bit unfair.

I'm sure as CNTE winds down - it will be a nuke fest. When the radiation settles - we'll see who is still standing.

It already is a nuke fest and stuff like this still happens. I'm also not the only one. There are others in the top 10 who were sanctioned as well.

It seems like that would make the Senate seats more important (you'd want to control them to avoid such situations).

You can't control them though. TE isn't set up long enough, nor are the alliances led by competent leadership to the point where they can punish rogue senators they elect. It's a war game and a senator isn't going to listen to the "leader," especially when the round is over in 2 months and they don't have to face P-ZI or worse.

In a war setting trades are important. I'm losing almost all of my ground attacks with almost every population booster gone, etc. That shouldn't be the case. Sanction me in standard edition, but it's unfair and not needed in TE.

You can't control them though. TE isn't set up long enough, nor are the alliances led by competent leadership to the point where they can punish rogue senators they elect. It's a war game and a senator isn't going to listen to the "leader," especially when the round is over in 2 months and they don't have to face P-ZI or worse.

In a war setting trades are important. I'm losing almost all of my ground attacks with almost every population booster gone, etc. That shouldn't be the case. Sanction me in standard edition, but it's unfair and not needed in TE.

Alliance leadership should be competent enough to select senators that are going to follow orders. As you said, this is a war game, and it seems as though the senate position has evolved into a tool of war.

Alliance leadership should be competent enough to select senators that are going to follow orders. As you said, this is a war game, and it seems as though the senate position has evolved into a tool of war.

It's not a tool of war if you are sanctioning people because they are right at the top of the rankings, and not actually at war with them.

I agree that there shouldn't be no team senators / sanctions in TE.

EDIT: Grammar

Edited by Emperor Badger

Sanctions are just another tool of war. One that requires you coordinate at least a little to get a OR some senators. I'd wouldn't mind seeing their powers expanded a little.

They add another dimension to the game - one that allows a group that elects a senator to pull back the top guys that would or might otherwise run away with it.

Sanctions are just another tool of war. One that requires you coordinate at least a little to get a OR some senators. I'd wouldn't mind seeing their powers expanded a little.

They add another dimension to the game - one that allows a group that elects a senator to pull back the top guys that would or might otherwise run away with it.

It doesn't always work out that people can coordinate for a senate seat. It's a numbers game and not everyone is going to win.

If someone is running away with the #1 spot then attack them or declare war on their entire alliance. Sanctions are just the cowardly way of saying "I'm mad that you're so much better than me."

Nations shouldn't have to run to yellow to steer clear of rogue senate actions.

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

There are tools that allow sanctions to have no effect upon you. Sanctions are a valid and used tool of war, and it sounds to me as though you are whining because you were sanctioned, not bacause you have a valid reason for them not to exist.

Edited by Ammon

There are tools that allow sanctions to have no effect upon you. Sanctions are a valid and used tool of war, and it sounds to me as though you are whining because you were sanctioned, not bacause you have a valid reason for them not to exist.

I can agree with this 100%. Sanction wars have always been a part of the experience. CNTE should be no exception and given its Tournament edition, it should be fair game to sanction the #1 or #2, et al nations.

Besides, being within the Top 10 or so clearly means you'll be a target by everyone. It comes with the territory.

Edited by Beatrice

LOL, IF/when you sanction someone I can almost guarantee his alliance will come by your nation to pay a visit. Being a Senator is much akin to wearing a target on your back!

I'd expand their powers so it becomes worthwhile in game to take a senator below the threshold to get rid of him and thereby move YOUR senator with a few fewer votes into play.

More strategy in the game not less! Give us too much stuff to purchase and war with, too many avenues to pursue... make us pick directions while others choose other paths to counter us!

Make it difficult.... make it a WAR game!

Tools that weaken a nation's economy? No thanks.

If I were really whining I think I'd whine more about the 10K + NS I lost eating nukes. But...I'm not.

I can agree with this 100%. Sanction wars have always been a part of the experience. CNTE should be no exception and given its Tournament edition, it should be fair game to sanction the #1 or #2, et al nations.

Besides, being within the Top 10 or so clearly means you'll be a target by everyone. It comes with the territory.

Sanctions in standard edition have never been part of the experience. CN TE should be no exception.

Top 10 nations, hell top whatever nations are aware of the territory. That's why we play and that's why we take the nukes we eat with muffled mouths. Sanctions against us, hell anyone, are cowardly. Fight fair and you won't see (most of us) complain. There's a reason we hold large warchests and use different strategies to win.

LOL, IF/when you sanction someone I can almost guarantee his alliance will come by your nation to pay a visit. Being a Senator is much akin to wearing a target on your back!

I'd expand their powers so it becomes worthwhile in game to take a senator below the threshold to get rid of him and thereby move YOUR senator with a few fewer votes into play.

More strategy in the game not less! Give us too much stuff to purchase and war with, too many avenues to pursue... make us pick directions while others choose other paths to counter us!

Make it difficult.... make it a WAR game!

Being a senator is no different than a typical nation in TE. Senators are usually the larger nations in the AA and therefore would be a target no matter what. duh

Not everyone can run a senator so your point doesn't work. Make it fair by eliminating the position all together.

Make it fair first and then add strategy. Create your own strategy, etc. There are improvements in both aspects of the game (personal and game maintenance) If anyone follows TE they should realize the poor strategic planning of most alliances.

It is a war game...

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

zoom, it is fair, you can grow as fast as anyone else.... go for it!

wanting senators, and hitting senators, and trying to defend senators deflects from the general wars and stretches us thin and makes us regroup or explore new directions... in other words its war!

That is so cool! :lol1:

Offer us too many options, not less... make us think, make us twist and piss us off! Admin, when everyone thinks you have it screwed up YOU are balancing this perfectly and will attract the most players possible. ;)

Then why have nukes? It's a tool to ruin your economy too.

Those tools are essential for massive NS and massive protection. It is a war game after all and there is a prize if you win.

You only reinforce my point about whining. Would you like some tissues?

Would you like some glasses?

Edited by Zoomzoomzoom

I have glasses thank you, so I will assume that you can not justify not wanting sanctions other than you were sanctioned. In our experience, they have been used to good effect, both by us and against us, and the only reason I have seen given against them is that they work.

Maybe you need some Depends instead of mere tissues?