NPO History Discussion

Essenia

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice try Doitz. You know as well as I do that Nosey doctored the logs to remove the part where any move against Legion was shot down by Ivan. Guess its convenient to forget that though. And De Profunis? You're actually trying to pass that off as fact?

Funny thing about the "doctored" logs is that the originals (where Ivan allegedly said "absolutely not!") were never produced and King Justin admitted to them and resigned his spot on the War Council. The line you're feeding is just another bit of trademark Pacifican revisionism that came out of the GWI-GWII transitional era. It carries about as much truth as the "we do not spy" mantra.

I suppose you also forgot the part where Dilber et al admitted that everything in De Profundis was true, as did numerous others. Actually that you're trying to controvert it is part of the reason people don't like your alliance very much: you can never admit to any of your wrongdoings.

Funny thing about the "doctored" logs is that the originals (where Ivan allegedly said "absolutely not!") were never produced and King Justin admitted to them and resigned his spot on the War Council. The line you're feeding is just another bit of trademark Pacifican revisionism that came out of the GWI-GWII transitional era. It carries about as much truth as the "we do not spy" mantra.

I suppose you also forgot the part where Dilber et al admitted that everything in De Profundis was true, as did numerous others. Actually that you're trying to controvert it is part of the reason people don't like your alliance very much: you can never admit to any of your wrongdoings.

Oh ok. I guess we just made up the Coven, too? And maybe there is some basis of fact in De Profundis, but its so buried beneath all the spin and innuendo that it is ridiculous to try and present it as some kind of academic expose of Pacifica. And if thats the reason people don't like Pacifica, well they must like many other alliances either. I can't remember any alliances that have come out and admitted wrongdoing.

Oh ok. I guess we just made up the Coven, too? And maybe there is some basis of fact in De Profundis, but its so buried beneath all the spin and innuendo that it is ridiculous to try and present it as some kind of academic expose of Pacifica. And if thats the reason people don't like Pacifica, well they must like many other alliances either. I can't remember any alliances that have come out and admitted wrongdoing.

Perhaps your memory sucks then.

First off, they have. Second off, you're alliance is famous for trying to rewrite history, I can't think of another that holds the same dubious honor.

And essenia, its funny to see people still pissed off about a war and an alliance disbanding almost 2 years ago. We get it, ok, a lot of Umbrella was Gen[M]ay. As for spying, against GOONS and Polar? If you are going to make outrageous claims, at least try to give them some substance.

I never cared one bit about Genmay (referred to them as "GGA Black few times even). Please be careful when makes guessing based on people's AA- I used NPO's spying on NpO as an example even when I'm of the opinion that the rolling of Polar was one of the best things to happen to the cyberverse.

There is a fair bit of revisionism on both ex-sides of the NPO/antiNPO dialogue, and to be honest the self-appointed historians (like all historians) get in as many jabs as they can while feigning restrained impartiality.

There is a fair bit of revisionism on both ex-sides of the NPO/antiNPO dialogue, and to be honest the self-appointed historians (like all historians) get in as many jabs as they can while feigning restrained impartiality.

Is this a snipe at me, good sir? Because if it is I'd be more than willing to correct any violations of impartiality in my history of cybernations.

Perhaps your memory sucks then.

Perhaps. Or maybe I should have added the proviso that they must be sincere in admitting wrong, or that they mustn't be forced into it. Since I guess you are likely talking about cases like GOONS coming out and apologizing to VE and FAN? If you want something hollow and meaningless to make you feel better, I'm sure we can arrange something. How about a big 'We luv Karma and r sorry' card? And that's as may be, Shodemofi, but that does not mean that every time we talk about history we are trying to rewrite it.

And essenia, could you provide some details? I have never heard these allegations before, and I thought I'd heard them all.

The first part is true. I came to the room and stated very clearly that we had no plans (or indeed means at the time) to move on Legion.

I don't even know what the second part refers to, I guess that was while I was away.

Is this a snipe at me, good sir? Because if it is I'd be more than willing to correct any violations of impartiality in my history of cybernations.

Well you either have a talent for telepathy or you were not exactly being impartial when writing detailed motivations for the various actions taken by alliances in your "history of CN".

Not only was the content of De Profundis confirmed by Dilber, it was also confirmed by Seasons of Love in a lengthy post on your own forums, though it was portrayed as an innocent attempt to protect the NPO Body Republic from the shock of you all hanging Polar out to dry. It might still be in the Emperor's Office, you should take a look.

Here, I'll quote the first few paragraphs of the CN wiki history and point out where people have obviously used telepathy to fill in the gaps. By the way, the spelling in this article is terrible.

Cybernations was started on January 6th, 2006. It premiered to pretty much no fanfare and only a handful of nations joining over the next few days. After a week there were about 100 nations, who were mostly a friendly and tight-nit community. From the beginning, Alliances have been the cornerstone of the game. Though there were a sizable number in the early days, the ones of significance were two: The Cross Atlantic Treaty Organization founded by Depraved , and the Imperial Nations Coalition created by Ninja, henceforth known as CATO and INC, respectively. After massive growth, CATO changed its name to the Global Alliance and Treaty Organization, or GATO, the name it is known by today.

Both alliances grew in numbers, yet the tension between them also grew. On the forums, members of both sides were baiting each other, GATO members pointing out the significant lack of organization in the INC, which was really a loose group of nations who followed the orders of Ninja, the group’s president. On the private GATO forums, some nations began discussing war with the INC.

They did not realize Ninja had a spy in GATO, and heard it all. When he heard about the murmurs of war, he panicked and declared war upon GATO, coining the name for this conflict, “World War I.” While World War I was a relatively small conflict in scale compared to later wars, it was the first true alliance v. alliance war. Nobody really won the conflict.

Eventually, the Vice-President and Co-Founder of the INC, Chris Miller, decided the conflict was pointless and negotiated peace with GATO. Significantly, after the war, GATO continued to boom while the INC slipped into steady decline. After the INC folded, GATO was left the Cyberverse’s sole hyper power, a monopoly of strength yet unmatched by any alliance. But they would only occupy the throne for a brief time.

There was going to be a boom in the number of nations, and the only question was when. This “when” came when the game was discovered by the community of !@#$%*, a far larger (but inferior) nation simulation game. Members of NS were fascinated by the new potential of Cybernations, and came in masses, opening the doors on new alliances. The first of these was the Greenland Republic, which would become better known by its later name the National Association for Arctic Countries (NAAC). There was also the FCS Foreign Legion, later renamed the Legion. But there is one of these alliances more powerful than the rest. It is arguably the most powerful, controversial alliance in CN history: The New Pacific Order, the NPO.

Not only was the content of De Profundis confirmed by Dilber, it was also confirmed by Seasons of Love in a lengthy post on your own forums, though it was portrayed as an innocent attempt to protect the NPO Body Republic from the shock of you all hanging Polar out to dry. It might still be in the Emperor's Office, you should take a look.

Should I get my post from the other thread where I talk about the Pacifica-Polaris rift? And besides, yes there may be a skeleton of fact in De Profundis, but that does not change the fact that its been dressed up on so much other stuff that the skeleton has little bearing on its final shape. If you think the BR was happy about the Polaris situation, you are dead wrong.

Should I get my post from the other thread where I talk about the Pacifica-Polaris rift? And besides, yes there may be a skeleton of fact in De Profundis, but that does not change the fact that its been dressed up on so much other stuff that the skeleton has little bearing on its final shape. If you think the BR was happy about the Polaris situation, you are dead wrong.

I never said your Body Republic was happy about it, I'm saying that your government waged a propaganda campaign against its own members, and this has been explicitly confirmed by at least four people involved in it, namely Doitzel, Seasons of Love, Doppelganger, and Dilber, who was in charge of it. Of course that was not the only point of De Profundis, but that part has been, in its entirety, confirmed by NPO members. If you can point out any actual inaccuracies in De Profundis other than vague references to how it was 'dressed up', I welcome you to do so.

Edited by Moridin

I never said your Body Republic was happy about it, I'm saying that your government waged a propaganda campaign against its own members, and this has been explicitly confirmed by at least four people involved in it, namely Doitzel, Seasons of Love, Doppelganger, and Dilber, who was in charge of it. Of course that was not the only point of De Profundis, but that part has been, in its entirety, confirmed by NPO members. If you can point out any actual inaccuracies in De Profundis other than vague references to how it was 'dressed up', I welcome you to do so.

I will post my thoughts on De Profundis when I return. For at the moment, I'm in desperate need of some greasy food.