Pour an ice cold IRON

RavingMainyYak

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You give your son beer? :o

I am a little disappointed to see no pale ales on this list, especially in the summer.

Blue Moon is becoming the new "cool" beer because it gives people who dont really appreciate beer the appearance of looking like a beer snob (it is seriously easy to drink, even for people who dont like beer). Sure, I like a good light summer wheat beer, but I typically prefer a heff like Paulaner or Pyramid.

I will add a few to the list for completeness:

Shiner Bock

Dogfish 90 min IPA

As far as light beers go, I will throw out Shiner Blonde (yes, I am a biased Texan)

omg. I LOVE Paulaner, and Shiner makes one of my favorite hefes, nom nom nom. I never met an IPA I liked (hops are yucky!), but Dogfishhead also makes Raison d'Etre. I call it a dessert beer; it's rich and creamy and luscious.

If you like creamy ales, I'd suggest Laughing Lab (another of my favorites). It's made here in Colorado, and it is oh-so-good. It purports to be a Scottish-style ale.

Add:

Ropewalk (seasonal and yummy)

Newcastle (is all right)

The Jennings brewery in (:wacko:) Lancashire is also excellent and when I've been over that side I've had some really nice pints.

Avoid Snecklifter. It's rank. Can't complain about the rest though - on handpul from a swan neck, at least.

Absolutely. Somebody with taste has arrived.

Actually even though I do like Leffe brown I find it to be a pretty poor representation of the overall style - it's not even bottle conditioned. It is far too clean, but then it is brewed by InBev along with Stella, Becks etc. Not that I have anything against those two either, if I want a pilsner in a pub. It's just that neither are an Urquell. :P

Speaking of Belgian beer, why is there a distinct lack of Duvel and Chimay in this thread?

Edit: By liking leffe brown, I mean blonde. But I like brown more. <_< Typoes.

Edited by Diomede

I seem to have missed out on the greatness that is Shiner. Had a Shiner Bock from Whole Foods and it tasted no better then crap light beer. Well maybe less crap and more tasteless but still couldnt figure out what the hype about it was. I guess i will have to look deeper into it.

Also its time to bring these guys in:

Gordon-Biersch-Hefeweizen-W-762069.jpg

widmer-hefeweizen-bottle-glass-21.jpg

405px-Franziskaner_Weisse_16_9_OzGlass.jpg

Franziskaner being probably one of the most delicious beer ever made.

Edited by King Chill I

Yeah but its not the same if you have to ask to do it :(. I mean, just think how awesome it would be to drink beer for the good of your alliance. And what an excuse to get out of something you don't want to do! "Sorry, I'd love to, but 600 people are counting on me to drink this beer and review it, otherwise its WAR!"

I like how you can't find anything good to say about Tennent's :awesome:

Also, surely if you get a pint of Newcy Brown in a pub, it comes in a glass? I've never heard that one before.

Excuse me I think you'll find I said it goes well with a mince pie less of your slander! :awesome:

Newcy Broon isn't served on tap or at least I have never come across it so you are always given a bottle and a glass which you can choose to pour it in, occasionally you get a sneaky bar man who tries to pour it into the glass before you can slap his hand.