Pour an ice cold IRON

RavingMainyYak

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The measure of a man is how they behave when they think they aren't being watched.

That being said, I'm a big fan of Sam Adam's summer ale, Leinenkugel's Sunset wheat is pretty tasty as well. Sadly, most of the time I'm drinking Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Rasberry because that's what the wife buys. It has a very,very light beer taste, but goes down like water.

(Wow, I don't think I've seen this much FARK on the forums for my entire time here)

Uuggh IPA's and APA's, that piney, overly hoppy taste has just never sat well with me.

If you are lucky (you will probably have to go to a city if you aren't in one) you may find an IPA on cask. I hear it's slowly getting more popular in the States, especially around the Boston area.

Anyway, while I partially agree with you, I mention this because the coagulation of the beer being forced through a sparkler forces much of the hoppiness into the head, creating a mellower taste and better aroma. It's also the originally intended method of transportation, what with it arriving in India from Britain. :P

Matt Miller, you rock! From your list I've had Boddington's and Blue Moon.

Boddington's is pretty good. It has a thick, full-bodied flavor that leaves you feeling full and a little buzzed. I like the little device that carbonates the can when opened. I've never managed to pop a Boddington's without it overflowing! :D

Blue Moon is also a wonderful choice. The light citrus flavor of the beer really comes out when you add the orange slice. It's pleasant and relaxing.

Hey, We Texans love our Shiner.

Oh yes we do! Shiner Bock is one of my favorites! I still need to make a trip down to the Spoetzl brewery in Shiner, TX to take the tour.

Also, WTF is up with Bay? That was a light-hearted term meant to be fun and to give everyone an excuse to drink beer.

"And just what do you think you're doing? We've got a lot of work to do around the house!!"

"Sorry, sweetie, this is for the good of the alliance!" ***TSSSSSCHOK!*** (sound of beer opening)

Edited by Bleak Outlook

(Wow, I don't think I've seen this much FARK on the forums for my entire time here)

Hmm. Yeah. When was the last time anyone saw Fark show up in force, unexpectedly?

Oh, yeah. Now I remember:

<snip>IRONBLITZ.gif

Edited by Seer
Modedit: Word filter evasion

Hmm. Yeah. When was the last time anyone saw Fark show up in force, unexpectedly?

Oh, yeah. Now I remember:

It still amuses me when I see those images. You do realize that IRON fully knew Fark and Gre and others were going to attack as soon as we went in right? Some Farkers even accidentally hit a night too early which was pretty funny hearing the excuse for that one. We were also notified by others that this was going to happen. So, again, funny little .gifs you've got there, I giggle every time I see someone sporting one. ;)

Matt Miller, you rock! From your list I've had Boddington's and Blue Moon.

At least I can please some of you guys. Thanks!

It still amuses me when I see those images. You do realize that IRON fully knew Fark and Gre and others were going to attack as soon as we went in right? Some Farkers even accidentally hit a night too early which was pretty funny hearing the excuse for that one. We were also notified by others that this was going to happen. So, again, funny little .gifs you've got there, I giggle every time I see someone sporting one. ;)

So you're saying that that was the best you could do even with advanced warning?

Interesting.

Tommy Tutone (sp?) reminds me of the 80s, nice hidden reference there.

Rolling Rock and Yeungling, both from my home state so I can't complain there.

Grrrrrr, see above. :)

This just makes me jealous.

It never ceases to amaze me when I find out yet another PAer is on Bob. ^_^

We show up every now and again. Usually when there's a beer discussion.

The measure of a man is how they behave when they think they aren't being watched.

That being said, I'm a big fan of Sam Adam's summer ale, Leinenkugel's Sunset wheat is pretty tasty as well. Sadly, most of the time I'm drinking Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Rasberry because that's what the wife buys. It has a very,very light beer taste, but goes down like water.

Michelob Ultra Pomegranate Raspberry does not make you sound very evil :P

So you're saying that that was the best you could do even with advanced warning?

Interesting.

Well, it was the best we could do with advanced warning that we were facing roughly 3 to 1 odds...

Besides, I gotta say that most of my enemies knew what they were doing, and for the first half of the war, that was Fark. 3 to 1, when you're the one, is hard to fight off ESPECIALLY when your enemies know the drill. So given all that, I like to think we did pretty well.

Well, it was the best we could do with advanced warning that we were facing roughly 3 to 1 odds...

Besides, I gotta say that most of my enemies knew what they were doing, and for the first half of the war, that was Fark. 3 to 1, when you're the one, is hard to fight off ESPECIALLY when your enemies know the drill. So given all that, I like to think we did pretty well.

Have no doubt, I have the highest respect for the IRON nations I engaged in the recent conflict. They did a great job in responding to our assault. Honestly, they were some %@$*_% fine opponents.

BUT

(1) FARK + GRE never even came close to 1:1, let alone 3:1 on IRON

(2) IRON gov surrendered.

READ THAT AGAIN

(2) IRON gov surrendered

then they tried to weasel their terms. Bad form. 'nuff said

/FARK's resident gadfly.

Edited by idsfa

/anything brewed by Erdinger Weissbrau = :awesome:

Erdinger's okay...it's really funny that since I moved to Germany, I don't like weissbier anymore. -_-

Bavaria is so wrought with awesome beer, I consider myself very lucky. A few suggestions, should you get a chance to try these:

- Aktien Zwick'l

- Aktien Landbier

- Krawandorfer kellerbier

- Lösch Zwerg

- Würzburg hofbraü bier

...and if you're into the weissbier, Maisel's Weiss is not bad.

Sorry janquel for the extra day you had to wait but here it is :P

brand1965groot.jpg

A little review of Brand Beer

I don't think brand beer is still sold in the USA since heineken took over the brewery. Once upon a time it was taking the states by storm though in it's unique white bottle even outselling heineken itself:

iHTQ==.jpg

Brand beer has a stronger more bitter taste then heineken and amstel, making it a bit of an aquired taste. It has been awarde best beer in the netherlands many times but isn't loved by all the average beer drinkers because of it's strong taste.

It's made from chzech hop and watter from a spring and passed the german "Reinheitsgebot" Making it the only dutch beer that can compare to the german beers.

If you are ever able to get your hands on this beer don't hesitate and try a bottle or a few :P

How on earth did I miss this thread until now?

Just my rant... I like beer that has a good bite at the end of the taste. Especially if you plan on drinking a lot in one sitting. Nothing sucks worse than a beer that just taste and feels slimy after 2 or 3.

That being said I really enjoy the following.

Sam Adams (regular old Boston Lager. I'm not big on the Summer Ale and all that)

Harp

Red Stripe

and I don't care what anyone says... On the cheap? PBR is a damn good beer.

PS: I really prefer stouts, ambers, and darks

PPS: Keep your froo froo "Strawberry Blah Blah." Beer is suppose to taste like beer and fruit doesn't belong in it.

Edited by DocOctane

PPS: Keep your froo froo "Strawberry Blah Blah." Beer is suppose to taste like beer and fruit doesn't belong in it.

I dare you to say that after trying proper lambic, in Belgium. Also, a stout obviously tastes nothing like a ruby ale and that bears very little semblance to a pilsener. Does this mean a stout is beer but the other two aren't? Is it the ruby ale that is beer?

(1) FARK + GRE never even came close to 1:1, let alone 3:1 on IRON

(2) IRON gov surrendered.

READ THAT AGAIN

(2) IRON gov surrendered

You seem to have forgotten FCC, MHA, ARES, ROCK, IPA, and RoK. Oh, and some other alliances I'm forgetting.

You seem to have forgotten FCC, MHA, ARES, ROCK, IPA, and RoK. Oh, and some other alliances I'm forgetting.

The graphic which prompted the comment only referenced the GRE + FARK update counter-blitz.

I do not dispute that other AAs helped out. Your former largest nation tried to claim that you faced all of these AAs during your initial "sneak" attack.

You got counter-blitzed by just two AAs, whose total membership was less than yours, and got your arses handed to you. Deal with it.

You acquitted yourselves well once the war was fully engaged ... don't demean your efforts by inflating the scale of your opposition.

Your nations fought honorably and lost. Your gov has chosen to abuse our regard for you and mock the terms we offered instead of damaging reparations.

We offered this term as an olive branch to your AA to help heal the wounds of the recent war and build a common cultural understanding. Your gov chose to crap on one of the three pillars of Farkistani culture (Beer). I weep for the nations of IRON that I had hoped to befriend.

My final question: Are you really defending bay's review as having met the surrender terms? Really?

The graphic which prompted the comment only referenced the GRE + FARK update counter-blitz.

I do not dispute that other AAs helped out. Your former largest nation tried to claim that you faced all of these AAs during your initial "sneak" attack.

You got counter-blitzed by just two AAs, whose total membership was less than yours, and got your arses handed to you. Deal with it.

You acquitted yourselves well once the war was fully engaged ... don't demean your efforts by inflating the scale of your opposition.

Your nations fought honorably and lost. Your gov has chosen to abuse our regard for you and mock the terms we offered instead of damaging reparations.

We offered this term as an olive branch to your AA to help heal the wounds of the recent war and build a common cultural understanding. Your gov chose to crap on one of the three pillars of Farkistani culture (Beer). I weep for the nations of IRON that I had hoped to befriend.

My final question: Are you really defending bay's review as having met the surrender terms? Really?

Why thank you for your olive branch handout. You speak as if you come from some alien civilization trying to convert the flocking peasants. Unfortunately for you IRON's membership is not stupid, do not think they do not know whats going on just because they do not run their mouths off like some of the characters on this forum.

Quite frankly you were told when we were negotiating terms that some of them were likely to cause bad blood, the fact that you thought that throwing in a beer review would in anyway soothe the wounds is extremely naive. We're not an alliance to hold grudges but when your alliance continues to get attacked for weeks because your opponents are not organized enough to turn up to the meetings they have organized it can become a little frustrating or when the payment of your reparations gets delayed and delayed because it is not convenient for the other side to accept then frustrations begin to build up.

By the looks of Bay's review he extended the same amount of effort as ragnarok did in organizing their nations to receive reparations from IRON. Quite frankly some of our members could not give a damn about your regards but not all of us. I have stated on multiple occasions that I would like to build a healthy relationship with FARK post war but really calling us out in public? I assure you IRON is much more cooperative when alliances approach us in a mature manner behind the scenes with any issues they may have.

As for my beer review well it's a working progress but it will be complete prior to the terms expiration perhaps you can post it when you announce or release from terms, it would have been complete already but unfortunately RL sometimes interferes and I have little time as much as I would like to, to sit and review beer. Now the way I see it you can continue your attempts to spin the actions of an individual councilor as reflective of a 530 member alliance or you can actually chat to us in private and we will look to work toward resolving the issue instead of inflating it.