Pour an ice cold IRON

RavingMainyYak

As many of you may recall, one of the terms in the treaty ending the hostilities between the Karma alliances and IRON was a requirement that members of IRON gov should share with Bob their knowledge of beer (or bacon).

Today, we are pleased to share with you the results of Matt Miller's extensive research into this most delicious of the sciences. And while Article 10 does specify a requirement that only "real" beers be assessed, Matt does offer some legitimate justification for his final offering. But you, the good people of Bob, will be the judge and jury.

We thirst for Matt's analysis of the fermented barleycorn.

Here are my 5 reviews, I just shared some quick thoughts on some of my favorite beers (mostly from college times).

Hot off the presses in Bubbler Nation (after a prolonged hangover)

Carlsberg Elephant Beer

Carlsberg_Elephant_Large.jpg

I had this beer on a day near 100 degrees Fahrenheit when traveling in Europe on break from college and found it to be incredibly refreshing. There’s nothing quite like the Elephant beer on a hot day. I just wish I could find it back home.

Boddington’s Pub Ale

boddingtons-pub-ale.jpg

It’s been done by Finster already, but it’s one of my favorites so I don’t particularly care if he beat me to it. This is one of those beers that really provides a full bodied experience with some nice froth on the top. I actually prefer it to Guinness; it’s just too bad I can only find it locally at one bar where I live.

Blue Moon Belgian White

BlueMoon.jpg

I first found this beer when in college and to this day it’s the only one that I’ll allow citrus fruit to get near. I don’t even use a lime in Corona, just a slice of orange in the Blue Moon. It’s lighter than some of the other beers I drink, but can still stand up to a discerning palate.

Dinkel Acker

lDinkelAckerSixPack.jpg

This is German beer at its finest. I discovered this during college as well (I’m beginning to see a pattern emerge here) on a night out with some of my teammates, one of whom was from southern Germany. This was his favorite and quickly became one of mine as well. Until then I had no idea what a good German beer tasted like. I must say I found this one nice and crisp, which makes it perfect for consumption in larger quantities than some of the others I enjoy.

Amstel Light

amstel-dam-good-bier.jpg

I think I remember something about no light beers, but this one is such a personal favorite of mine, that I can’t leave it out. I can’t go through this set of reviews without a tribute to the Dutch so here it is. This is so nice and crisp when it’s chilled properly, that it almost makes up for the quite low alcohol content. This is the sort of beer you keep stocked if you plan on having a lot of people over, good enough for a party, not quite good enough to accompany a good steak. It’s at the bottom of my list of 5 for a reason, but still makes the cut as it beats out all other light beers I’ve found.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer fails )): Worst surrender term ever.

Yeah. 5,000 years of civilization has absolutely no idea what it's talking about.

EDIT: 5? More like 10-15.

Edited by sammykhalifa

I understand that this post is part of surrender terms and is alliance-related. However, given the nature of the topic, it has already generated enough OOC references to justify my moving it.

Also, Boddington's is a bit heavy but it's one of the few canned beers that is comparable to what comes out of the keg.

I understand that this post is part of surrender terms and is alliance-related. However, given the nature of the topic, it has already generated enough OOC references to justify my moving it.

Also, Boddington's is a bit heavy but it's one of the few canned beers that is comparable to what comes out of the keg.

Your popularity has just skyrocketed

I've had that Carlsberg... and it is good. I'll let the Amstel slide. ^_^

I also love Boddingtons and the cascade of the head is one of the most beautiful when you pour it, but for some reason it gives me a weird (non-hangover) headache every time.

Edited by Captain V

Let's take a look back, shall we? IRON fought well, but in the end willingly signed a treaty of surrender.

20090803-z38p-77kb.jpg

Article 10 was all about honor. Yes, we made it a lighthearted test of honor, but a test is was and is.

Honor would suggest those who signed would fulfill the terms of the agreement, in a timely manner, particularly one involving little pain and much pleasure.

It took a gentle prod to remind others in IRON's gov of their obligation. Earlier today we heard from Matt Miller. While tardy, his report fulfilled the key requisite of demonstrating he is a man of honor.

Now, another member of IRON gov, bay102174 offers this:

To: ironone From: bay102174 Date: 8/3/2009 9:52:14 AM

Subject: Beer review

I liked this beer.

Blue Moon Belgium White Ale

I liked this beer.

New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale

I liked this beer.

Samuel Adams Boston Lager

I liked this beer.

Guinness Extra Stout

I really liked this beer.

I consider this matter closed as it was optional according to the TOS anyway. You can post this on the OWF or not for all I care. If it is said that I did not do this, I will post the screen shot of this message to you.

The matter is not closed and Article 10 was and is not optional.

This is not what one expects from a person of honor and personal integrity.

I am very disappointed that bay102174 has displayed neither.