New Images for resources!

thedestro

This is like the water cooler thread about Pixar letting a dying kid see the movie Up in her home and people here were complaining that they only did it for money and greed.

So you admit that you accepted a bribe from Bass Pro Shops to change the Fish resource icon to their logo?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you don't like the new images either stare at them for 5 seconds and get use to them or offer up a better image to replace the ones that you don't like.

If we could find a way to resize the old images to a uniform size, could we go back to those? I personally prefered those much more over the newer ones.

I'm ambivalent about the new images; it will just take a bit of getting used to. I agree with the calls to update the uranium icon (I never could tell what it was) -- but please make it a dull grey disc or sphere: http://blogs.knoxnews.com/munger/uranium.jpg. There are probably more than a few people here who actually believe uranium glows green under normal lighting.

Due to the fact that the "worst" resources still suck, fancy new images do not excite me. =(

Why not let us build Earth Mines to "reroll" one of our base resources every month?

EDIT: Of course, all trades need to be dropped beforehand to stop mass trade confusion.

Edited by Taishaku

I'm ambivalent about the new images; it will just take a bit of getting used to. I agree with the calls to update the uranium icon (I never could tell what it was) -- but please make it a dull grey disc or sphere: http://blogs.knoxnews.com/munger/uranium.jpg. There are probably more than a few people here who actually believe uranium glows green under normal lighting.

I was thinking maybe just an atom molecule.

EDIT: "Atom Molecule?" Me good at science.

Seriously, how big of an idiot is this guy?

Edited by sammykhalifa

Perhaps instead of trolling you would like to suggest an image that you have in mind?

Honestly, in the style of lead think furs should be a bit more detailed. Like a picture of a wolf or squirrel (alive). There is simply no need to put up a pelt of anything.

As the head of a site like this, you might have figured that out through experience by now, and learned not to unnecessarily change the "simple details" which people are most emotional about? :) People are a lot more open to larger changes which actually do something new, and aren't just change for change's sake. For example, no one is requesting that the new moon/mars bases be removed (edit: saying you won't buy it doesn't count), but you do have a bunch of people (myself included) who are requesting the old images back.

Actually, there are a lot of people who think the space bases should be removed. As for myself, I think that the new images are kinda weird. It'd be nice if the user could choose which set to use. They don't seem to fit with the CN website too.

I for one would like to see the layout change over the images. Maybe DIVs instead of the mass tables, would reduce bandwidth

Yellow Cake would be nice, or just something that's more than just a green leaf... CN is already using the nuke sign for nuclear capable nations, but something along those lines would be nice...

How about a cockroach?

Its silly, but I'm pretty sure everyone would get the joke and know what it is.

The images needed an update because the previous images were of mixed sizes and since we're starting to add more resources to the game with the Moon & Mars wonders and the Earth Hotspots (coming soon) I needed the resources images to all be of the same uniform size. A few of the images had to be changed either because the old image didn't resize very well or because they just needed a refreshed look.

Whoa whoa whoa. Earth hotspots? Are we implying that nations can be moved every week or ten days or whatever? :mellow: