I have a dream.

Francesca

Why people are arguing for light terms is beyond me. If a corrupt judge is sentencing petty thieves to twenty years for stealing, why should he get half that once he gets caught?

.... Well umm... what?

Edited by Rotavele

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Setting an example, and removing the standards that the Hegemony has put in place, so that this sort of thing will no longer be considered normal.

You mean like the example of giving very easy terms to 90% of the alliances of the Hegemony, removing the standards of PZI for government, viceroys, disbandments and unfair terms? Get a grip Fran, NPO are being treated differently for very good reason, and the good precedent you are talking about has already been set by Karma in this war.

You mean like the example of giving very easy terms to 90% of the alliances of the Hegemony, removing the standards of PZI for government, viceroys, disbandments and unfair terms? Get a grip Fran, NPO are being treated differently for very good reason, and the good precedent you are talking about has already been set by Karma in this war.

If you save up revenge for NPO, that's just as bad, really. However, yes, your treatment of many Hegemony alliances is admirable.

.... Well umm... what?

His meaning seemed clear as a bell. Why should the perpetrator of more than a few harsh crimes on others be let go with a light slap on the wrist when he's finally brought before justice?

To break a circle? Do you *really* think that by patting someone on the head and asking them to please not do something anymore is going to accomplish that goal?

If you save up revenge for NPO, that's just as bad, really. However, yes, your treatment of many Hegemony alliances is admirable.

It's not just as bad an you know it. After what NPO put innocent alliances through in the past years pales in comparison to the terms offered to them.

His meaning seemed clear as a bell. Why should the perpetrator of more than a few harsh crimes on others be let go with a light slap on the wrist when he's finally brought before justice?

To break a circle? Do you *really* think that by patting someone on the head and asking them to please not do something anymore is going to accomplish that goal?

The aim is not to change Pacifica.

It's not just as bad an you know it. After what NPO put innocent alliances through in the past years pales in comparison to the terms offered to them.

I meant that it was just as bad as if they'd enacted justice on all the Hegemony alliances, albeit spread out.

From the Vox Prerogative:

Ironic. Were you not saying Karma didn't have what it takes to get the job done when they were letting people off easy? Did you not cry yourself to sleep when Valhalla were handed terms?

All of the sudden, you're a crusader for justice for Pacifica now, and act like you've been on their side all along. Please, Give me a break.

Its not good to show your hand so readily.

You're basicaly saying that you're out for revenge against NPO, hence why you are proposing terms that you KNOW they'll never accept.

Nice when the truth comes out.

I'm not saying that some of NPO's practices were bad...they were. But, your lust for revenge is clearly clouding your vision.

Then you argue that the victors simply like up to be shot when this is over. :facepalm: Have you even heard of GWI and II/The Great Patriotic War?

Im 12, What is this?

Also, If you guys think NPO needs bad terms to just keep them down why not just end them now and lets them all join your alliances? :P

Edited by Rotavele

You want to break the cycle of harsh terms by not changing the alliance most responsible for their implementation?

NPO can be used as a tool to end the cycle of harsh terms, but not by dealing them what why are trying to prevent.

From the Vox Prerogative:

With all due respect Sir, wasn't it you that said " If the NPO was not completely destroyed, they would rebuild and seek vengeance to all that betrayed them" ?

I could go dig it up, however I'm sure you remember, my point to those who are currently fighting them, I take it as this is one organization that they don't want to deal with for years to come, KARMA forces are doing just that and to be honest, I think rightfully so.

NPO as they always put it "Keeping the little guy down since 2006" That ended in 2009, hopefully never to return.

Strawman, strawman, strawman....

:sigh: Scream it from the hills if you wish, it won't make it any more true. You're ignorance of the past is matched by your sheer nativity. Asking for light punishment for the NPO is...

look just go read the damn wiki pages on it, it's happened before.

:sigh: Scream it from the hills if you wish, it won't make it any more true. You're ignorance of the past is matched by your sheer nativity. Asking for light punishment for the NPO is...

look just go read the damn wiki pages on it, it's happened before.

I've researched Planet Bob's history in great detail, from many different perspectives. Currently, I am researching the deterioration of the relationship between the Orders, before the OoO was cancelled, going to a variety of different sources. You do not know me, so do not attempt to portray me as that which I am not. I am not naive, I am not ignorant, and unlike most of the people on these forums, I am open-minded.

I think it's the height of hubris to think that any of you are going to bring Pacifica "to justice" or "teach them a lesson". If you impose draconian surrender terms on them, they'll be coming for you. You might be safe for six months, a year, a year and a half. They'll get to you eventually. Show them the mercy they didn't show others and perhaps they'll not feel so compelled to take your alliance and all its friends apart piece by piece.

A lot of you are in this for instant gratification and immediate results. Others of us here look out into the future, and plan for months and years ahead. I can tell you that although stridently harsh surrender terms may make you feel like you've accomplished something and may would NPO greatly, all you're doing is guaranteeing that someday down the road they'll be coming for you just the same as I know they're someday coming for me (obviously for much different reasons). They're long term thinkers.

Taking the high road is the best way to end this perpetual cycle of poor sportsmanship and disgraceful abuses of the defeated. Speaking as someone who endured this type abuse in the past I can tell you that there was no greater motivator than the arrogance of those who held me down.

With all due respect Sir, wasn't it you that said " If the NPO was not completely destroyed, they would rebuild and seek vengeance to all that betrayed them" ?

I could go dig it up, however I'm sure you remember, my point to those who are currently fighting them, I take it as this is one organization that they don't want to deal with for years to come, KARMA forces are doing just that and to be honest, I think rightfully so.

NPO as they always put it "Keeping the little guy down since 2006" That ended in 2009, hopefully never to return.

Yes, and they probably will take vengeance on those who betrayed them no matter what the terms are. Those alliances know who they are and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they're behind the scenes ensuring that this war doesn't ever end.

This doesn't mean that the alliances currently fighting NPO need to take a page out of the Pacifican playbook in order to protect alliances who to be quite honest haven't done much to deserve anyone's loyalty or protection. The betrayers and the ones currently in the fight aren't the same folks.

But the world will never be one. Plain and simple. [OOC]Then again, I guess it depends if you're listening to Lennon or APC.[/OOC]

And I would never wish it so, therefore I did not include that line. Look what happened to WUT, anyway. Planet Bob would be boring without different political perspectives, which is yet another argument for allowing NPO to live, incidentally.