Imperial Decree - New Polar Order

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sparta had been on the "karma" side of this war for months before it even happened, back when the war looked like it was going to be dead even (More NS on the Hegemony side, but more nukes on the Karma side). Our government and scope as an alliance has changed quite a bit, much like the government and scope of the New Polar Order has. I guess they have a patent on change, though, and no one else is allowed to do so. Shucks. :\

I remember Polaris being beaten on in order for legitimate change to occur. A "wake up call" as Grub referred to it as.

Perhaps if you want to claim similar amounts of credibility on the reformation front, your alliance should experience something similar?

And George, Cortath wasnt spinning Fairy tales. The NPO really is just that inefficient. Anyone with any knowledge of reality has known the NPOs been more or less a paper tiger for years.

I remember Polaris being beaten on in order for legitimate change to occur. A "wake up call" as Grub referred to it as.

Perhaps if you want to claim similar amounts of credibility on the reformation front, your alliance should experience something similar?

And George, Cortath wasnt spinning Fairy tales. The NPO really is just that inefficient. Anyone with any knowledge of reality has known the NPOs been more or less a paper tiger for years.

Come on now, stop asking people to have a reality check as far as their fear of NPO is concerned. No fun in that at all.

Nah, cripple them beyond recognition. It's the least that should be done in the name of karma. Even a cripple still exists, which is more then many of NPO's former enemies can say.

If your father tortured you when you spilt milk, or broke something, you would hate his guts. You would probably cower, and hide, waiting to strike a murderous blow, and be done with him.

Instead, if when you spilt your milk, he spanked you, and you learned your lesson, but werent, erm, 'crippled beyond recognition' you would grow respect for your father.

Karma is karma. If the NPO realizes their mistakes, learns there lesson, it could turn into good karma. But if we 'cripple them beyond recognition' they will never respect us.

I don't believe anyone really wants to just crush an alliance/nation. They just want respect from that alliance/nation, and some will try to get it by force. Others will get respect by honour.

Nice post. Glad to see the wars against the NAAC and others have ended.

Might not always agree with what you say, but it is well written and I agree with most of this.

We never said they were super efficient, but they're at least just as efficient as some of their former enemies.

Our "wake up call" was deciding we didn't like what was going on around here about eight months ago. So we did something about it.

Sparta had been on the "karma" side of this war for months before it even happened, back when the war looked like it was going to be dead even (More NS on the Hegemony side, but more nukes on the Karma side). Our government and scope as an alliance has changed quite a bit, much like the government and scope of the New Polar Order has. I guess they have a patent on change, though, and no one else is allowed to do so. Shucks. :\

Edit: Clarification

This explains why you attempted to fabricate an absurd cb on Valhalla out of thin air and lied for months saying you had no intention of leaving Q even though everyone and their mother knew you were in full scale war planning to destroy your allies.

You are what you are.

It, uh, well you were eloquent. I can agree with the sentiment, but, unfortunately, it boils down to a call-out based on characterizations of Karma that were largely assigned by non-Karma either as wishful thinking or as ironic smears.

This explains why you attempted to fabricate an absurd cb on Valhalla out of thin air and lied for months saying you had no intention of leaving Q even though everyone and their mother knew you were in full scale war planning to destroy your allies.

You are what you are.

Sounds like NPO was running Sparta.

NPO on their own and so extremely isolated simply cannot rise up again. The only way they are going to rise up again if others provide themselves as an even worse example of how to be top dogs in the world. If that happens then yes NPO will be able to gain power like they did in the past. So, remember, karma is real and if you choose to act out of vengeance then you shall simply become that which you sought to destroy and you shall in the end empower those you wished to destroy.

I don't believe that Karma is trying to kill them in order to take power. Karma is giving them what they deserve, but that doesn't mean that from here on out those terms are going to be imposed on everyone. Yes it will be hard for them to rise politically, but I feel that there are still alliances out there who will sign based off of military strength. If NPO rises up easily, they will be looking to plot, and in plotting they will deceive.

You completely and utterly missed the point.

Punish them, don't cripple them beyond recognition.

I don't believe they are crippled beyond recognition. Remember, they are Pacifica who can "push billions in weeks."

The suggested manner in which the NPO can meet the activity preterms is to boot non-compliant nations in order to reach what is essentially an objective that relies entirely on the honor system. Not to mention the ban on recruiting.

Karma has shown itself, in general, to not be honorable. The issue is not lighter terms, but honest and possible terms which reflect some kind of moral high ground, rather than wanton lust for Hegemony status shown by most Karma alliances.

Sure I think some of those terms should be altered some, but I want those nations to come out of peace mode. I want to see them fall. They have not suffered enough.

Nah, cripple them beyond recognition. It's the least that should be done in the name of karma. Even a cripple still exists, which is more then many of NPO's former enemies can say.

If you cripple them beyond recognition, then you're just doing what they did to you. Then you're not breaking the cycle, you're helping create it just again. If Karma is going to set out with the goal to change CN, it isn't going to come from giving the same terms NPO gave other people. Then you're just helping contribute to the problem. It is the same thing just with a different mask.

Punish NPO if you must, but don't do it with such beyond things that destroy them completely. If you want change, then bring it but don't bring it as revenge gift wrapped up as sugary sweet named Karma when it is just the same thing by another name. I've seen Karma start out with the original goals but as time went on, more and more fell off the track and it is divided now. How is that help anyone reach their goal of changing anything?

No one denies NPO hasn't done things in the past but the argument is if you're doing the same things, how does that make you any better?

Grub said what I think better than I ever could. I do hope his words at least cause some to pause to and think at least, if not to have an effect.

Everyone seems to forget how almost all the other Hegemony alliances were offered white peace, despite it being not all that long ago. Everyone expected we were going to be harsh with the NPO, but when it happened, everyone was shocked for some reason. They were shown mercy in the past and they spat on its face. Everyone also makes it seem like since this is still being done to the NPO, it will continue to be used as common practice by the alliances at war with them. This is it, there won't be anymore after this. I'd also like to add that if you look into Sparta's history, we haven't imposed truly harsh terms in the past, either. I'm sorry that we were ever the NPO's side, but 95% of that time was before I even created my nation, and none of it was during my tenure in our government (As in actively supporting them in war).

Edit: Clarification

I remember you in Continuum leadership having a grand old time with Moo and CJ and all the rest of those terrible rapscallions. To be quite frank, to just say "this will be the last time guys, I swear" is just ridiculous. No one has any reason to trust you, and plenty of the alliances involved (especially in the case of Echelon) have a history of harsh terms. I have seen no indication from Sparta that you are any different than you were in the past, when you were either participating in or condoning all of these things, which indicates you won't be any different in the future, as you don't seem to be any different right now.

I'm confused as to how this constitutes a 'decree'.

In addition to being an opinion regarding the on-going conflict, this message is also the one-year anniversary post of Polar government deposing Sponge and thereby of Grub's reign.

I'm sorry that we were ever on their side, but 95% of that time was before I even created my nation, and none of it was during my tenure in our government.

Ruler: George the Great

Nation Name: the Byzantine Empire

Alliance Affiliation: Sparta

Alliance Seniority: 6/9/2008 5:20:36 PM (392 Days)

Nation Created: 6/9/2008 2:48:57 AM (392 days old)

Sparta was in the Continuum from Dec 8, 2007 (i.e. before you created your nation) until Apr 15, 2009 (52 days ago). In other words, for about 86% of the duration of the time that your nation has existed, Sparta has been on NPO's side.

Or has it? If this is a claim of longstanding treachery on your alliance's part, then I welcome your honesty. Or something. :P

If you cripple them beyond recognition, then you're just doing what they did to you. Then you're not breaking the cycle, you're helping create it just again. If Karma is going to set out with the goal to change CN, it isn't going to come from giving the same terms NPO gave other people. Then you're just helping contribute to the problem. It is the same thing just with a different mask.

Punish NPO if you must, but don't do it with such beyond things that destroy them completely. If you want change, then bring it but don't bring it as revenge gift wrapped up as sugary sweet named Karma when it is just the same thing by another name. I've seen Karma start out with the original goals but as time went on, more and more fell off the track and it is divided now. How is that help anyone reach their goal of changing anything?

No one denies NPO hasn't done things in the past but the argument is if you're doing the same things, how does that make you any better?

Grub said what I think better than I ever could. I do hope his words at least cause some to pause to and think at least, if not to have an effect.

Very well said, Mia.

I am already seeing a few alliances as being quite a bit worse than NPO.

I remember you in Continuum leadership having a grand old time with Moo and CJ and all the rest of those terrible rapscallions. To be quite frank, to just say "this will be the last time guys, I swear" is just ridiculous. No one has any reason to trust you, and plenty of the alliances involved (especially in the case of Echelon) have a history of harsh terms. I have seen no indication from Sparta that you are any different than you were in the past, when you were either participating in or condoning all of these things, which indicates you won't be any different in the future, as you don't seem to be any different right now.

Tell me, what reps have we taken in this war? Go ahead and factor in what we would get from NPO. Go on.

Nice post. Glad to see the wars against the NAAC and others have ended.

Might not always agree with what you say, but it is well written and I agree with most of this.

I particularly scoffed at that section. I asked Grub to publicize Polar's shiny new Outlook on Life © and tell the world that those wars were over monnnnnths ago, but he wouldn't stick Polaris' neck out. It's easy now that Karma did the dirty work.

Edited by Schattenmann

You know grub, a simple "No u!" would of sufficed like so many other NPO posts. NPO has been given peace, and they reject them. End of that. Should this be a problem for you, well, im sure NPO could use some more men to fight in the trenches.

You know grub, a simple "No u!" would of sufficed like so many other NPO posts. NPO has been given peace, and they reject them. End of that. Should this be a problem for you, well, im sure NPO could use some more men to fight in the trenches.

Good ol' fashioned "Do something about it". Really a cornerstone of the hegemony times.

Edited by Voodoo Nova

If your father tortured you when you spilt milk, or broke something, you would hate his guts. You would probably cower, and hide, waiting to strike a murderous blow, and be done with him.

Instead, if when you spilt your milk, he spanked you, and you learned your lesson, but werent, erm, 'crippled beyond recognition' you would grow respect for your father.

Karma is karma. If the NPO realizes their mistakes, learns there lesson, it could turn into good karma. But if we 'cripple them beyond recognition' they will never respect us.

I don't believe anyone really wants to just crush an alliance/nation. They just want respect from that alliance/nation, and some will try to get it by force. Others will get respect by honour.

No, some really do.

Using your own analogy the terms offered to NPO are a spanking, not "torture". Torture is forced disbandment, destruction of wonders, submitting to be an eternal tech farm, indefinite reparation payments, suffering the humiliation of a viceroy. That the "torturers" are merely receiving a spanking exposes the OP and similar arguments for the !@#$%^&* they are.