Why the Karma War has Kept Me in the Game

bkphysics

You still have your alliance, your home. Others do not.

If someone comes out here and burns down my house, yes, I will be a bit miffed. In game, though? If I decide to pack it in and leave the alliance, that's my choice. No one can make me change my AA. Quitting now would be a bit silly, though. It would be like closing the barn door after the horses got out AND the rest of the building already went up in flames.

Really, it seems to me like the other side is trying to grind the NPO into disbandment. I've seen more than a few people demanding exactly that. It hasn't triggered any deep-seated bitterness in me. It's just a game. If in six months this war is still going on and I am growing as bored with it as I was with the peace before hand, I may eventually delete due to inactivity. If so, I won't be going with any hard feelings.

That doesn't mean I don't think some things are not dirty pool; it means I don't leave a bar weeping tears of rage after a game of billiards.

Heck, I'm on the losing side of this war, and I still have to concur. This war has been incredibly exciting, and I imagine the future months will as well.

I am very glad this conflict happened, it has been a great experience, and I have learned a lot, about politics, warfare, and just about the history of the past, to which I never paid much attention too.

Oh yeah. I'm glad this war happened regardless of who won. I hadn't had a good war since UJW. For that matter, there hadn't been a real political upheaval since UJW. The past several months have been the most interesting since my noob days around then. Heck, the fact that my side lost is probably going to make things even more interesting. I can't wait to see what happens. My interest in CN has indeed been reinvigorated.

-Bama

Yeah, but while they have the histories of such locked away in their library so does the world have their versions of what happened back then. While I agree the coalition is indeed fractured, it is not completely fractured and what is holding it together is the desire to see NPO humbled. I do not see that desire disappearing at all.

The problem is NPO is horrible at seeing what it does not touch. Hence why they did not see the building coalition, if they did, they wouldnt have pushed OV over that silliness. Now if they were to see the resolve to not be like the first coalition that fell apart while fighting the NPO then they might realize what they are doing to themselves. Unfortunately their sight only goes as far as their hands.

It won't be a matter of the coalition's resolve to punish NPO... More like a matter of whether or not they want to take a kick in the teeth during the next world war (see: FAN in UJW).

-Bama

It won't be a matter of the coalition's resolve to punish NPO... More like a matter of whether or not they want to take a kick in the teeth during the next world war (see: FAN in UJW).

-Bama

I'm slightly confused because I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Thanks should go to Vox as well as Karma, and also the the Hegemony, since without their actions we wouldn't have this fun right now. But yes, it is good to have a real change in the political landscape. CN is more exciting now than I think at any time since I joined, except possibly GW2 (the last time there was a non-monopolar world, imo). I hope that most people in the Hegemony are also finding this fun.

NPO is following the same strategy they've been following from the moment they shoved a third of the alliance into peace mode. They've turned it into a battle of will at this point, which gives them the advantage as they're on home turf and are a single alliance fighting a loose organisation of many alliances that don't always necessarily agree.

I doubt they'll accept terms any time soon. Welcome to August 2006.

Silly Doitzel, they only shoved 5%-10% of their alliance into peace (their 50-100 "banks") the other 200 folks are merely "ghosts", college kids graduating for 60 days, and "loyal Pacificans" refusing to follow orders to fight remember? :ehm:

But yeah, I was so bored awhile back I was about to quit, this made thing interesting again.

NPO is following the same strategy they've been following from the moment they shoved a third of the alliance into peace mode. They've turned it into a battle of will at this point, which gives them the advantage as they're on home turf and are a single alliance fighting a loose organisation of many alliances that don't always necessarily agree.

I doubt they'll accept terms any time soon. Welcome to August 2006.

I think you'd be surprised how much we actually agree, and how well we sort our differences out. :P

Most of the NPO front were friends/allies prior to the conflict anyway.

In the future, i'd like to see color-blocs carry more weight than what has been more prevalent in the past. Seems every sphere creates a color-based bloc, that simply gets ignored with the "larger" and more important treaties get activated.

I want turf war - not treaty web hell.

:)

Well, then your alliance may differ as your alliance just recently signed with Citadel which due to the bloc ties and individual alliance ties with alliances outside of Citadel is one of the most heavily tied blocs within the treaty web.

-Bama

I'm slightly confused because I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Yeah, I wasnt quite sure either, mind going a bit further with that Bama?

The destruction of the NPO and Hegemony is quite possibly the best thing to happen to this game since Fark invaded.

War brings people to the game. Always has always will. It drives some out but overall brings more people in and keeps more people as well. Its the most exciting part of the game that everyone can take part in. The end of the hegemony also will allow alliances back into the game that were forced out by the hegemony.

It also will allow former players that were forced out to come back to the game.

So yes a few people will leave. But overall this war is only a good thing.

I am no longer interested in quitting CN. I am eager to see the end of this Karma war and the fallout from it. What alliances will seek more power? What will the NPO do? Who will become the new superpower? How will alliances react to the realization that public opinion now carries with it consequences for grievous actions?

The times are now exciting again and I look forward to the future Karma has helped shape.

Thank you Karma for giving this player a breath of fresh air and a new volatility in this world we call Bob.

I have to echo what you're saying, but probably for different reasons. Ever since NPO ZI'ed my first nation (in February), I've known I couldn't play this game as long as they were on top. Thanks to Karma I feel free to play again, and to play how I want and associate with who I want. I think the Karma war has done wonderful things for CN, whether you support their dealings with reparations or not, they have given this game a reason to exist which was failing during NPO's control of Bob.