Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

Voobaha National 2 - 2 VolNation Volunteers

VooNat verses VolNat, will this be the beginning of a rivalry between the two similarly name squads? Last week Voobaha struggled against Atlético while the Vols were able to creep by Keville. This week look for the older team to struggle on the road as the Voo's collect their first ever point in the top flight.

Duckstradamus predicted it! 2-2 draw in a defensive match, with most opportunities coming late in the match.

Could have been much different...

Voobaha equalizes in the 85th, only to see Donovan Tipperary collect a second yellow card 4 mins later. We then dodged an own goal in extra time, and a VolNation goal in the 95th was taken away. Nail biting time on both sides.

Premier Apex-- I won't repost your prediction because it was full of fail. :)

Edited by Voobaha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems I have Voobaha next in league play..

With the loss of their best midfielder and a key forward, it seems I'll have an easy match ahead of me.

Then before that I have ALDM... and they'll have one injury during our match - the one to Roc Taja. That's good, less extremely good defence... it's gonna be a tough and gruelling match though.

It seems I have Voobaha next in league play..

With the loss of their best midfielder and a key forward, it seems I'll have an easy match ahead of me.

Didn't we blow you out in the cup last year? Back when we were one of "those easy Segunda Teams"?? Oh yeah, we did. Does Coach Courtney get fired after losing to us again?

Just more inspiring quotes to put up in the locker room. :)

wow, ur right i was way off...Primera is for real, I mean ive said it before as many of us have, but WOW the Primera is the greatest league as far as all around competition. 'Vols have seem to stumbled as of recent...on paper, they look monstrous...and to be honest, Arcadia has the greatest team on paper in la Liga to date we must wait and see if Coach K can utilize what she has.

Voobaha, yes, she did get fired after the 2-2 draw... but that was coupled with the 3-1 loss to the Springboks, and then the 1-0 loss to you in the leg beforehand, and draws with Estrella Roja and 1984 Duckies FC.

Now in retrospect, it was a stupid decision to fire someone after 3 draws, 2 losses...

---

And ALDM, I'm looking at what the Big Three have in terms of skill and such, and although I don't have one or more superplayers, the skill is more evenly spread around. So now that I'm looking at it, I agree with you Premier - thanks!

Hopefully the team will live up to its potential.

This week is going to be exciting for Arcadia FC! We face ALDM in the first real test of the season, and then we face heavily-hyped VooNat who drew VolNation...

IT AINT HYPE IF IT TRUE, DAWG! WORD.

3689956831_68afaa0b12_o.jpg

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH BOYEEEEEEEEEEE!

It's truth will be determined, Voobaha.

And Keville, there are two possibilities. I could be defending against you to attempt to shut you out... or, your forwards failed to break through.

And how did my midfielders fail to show up? All 4 of them got a grade of at least 10 - and the only forward got a 9.

And how did my midfielders fail to show up? All 4 of them got a grade of at least 10 - and the only forward got a 9.

Fair point, but your offensive score was only 6 when mine was 7, though maybe thats because you played only one striker. Learning about this game all the time...

Probably that's why - although I'm not sure where you're getting those stats from. You must be VIP!

I really have to get that soon...

The clock continues to count down.

EDIT: By the way Keville, you'll learn a lot while you are in the Primera.

Edited by Arcadian Empire

YES! OH YES!!!!

That was an epic match, and wow... really, epic. Truly epic. Just epic. Fantastic in every sense of the word.

5-4 on penalties... I really think that's my first shootout win. Tense to the very finish, it was a great match PremierApex!

Now for us to face Voobaha, and then the Big One... the Dream Final - the culmination of six season's of rivalry - Arcadia FC v VolNation Volunteers in the Final of the Copa Del Mar. Will Arcadia FC break their six season trophy drought? Or will VolNation assert it's dominance yet again on Arcadia?

Week 3 in La Liga

Lutherville Press (LP)-

MoTW

1984 Duckies FC @ Atlético Luz Del Mar

The veteran squad of Atlético has shown their talent early in the season. Through two matches their defensive line has been spectacular playing 180 minutes of shutout soccer thus far. Even more surprising is the offensive support which the team has produced. Atlético is not known for their finishing, but this year they have put in 3 goals in each of their first two matches. Thus far the opposition has been the newly promoted squads, this week they face their first real test against the Duckies.

The Duckies are once again on the road but have the benefit this week of having had a week of rest. In their first match they gave up the draw against Roja in extra-time and went away with only one point. This week they will have to rely on their midfield star Rashmati to produce opportunities to put the ball in the goal.

Look for a game of cat-and-mouse to take place as Atlético once again relies upon their stout backfield while the Duckies control possession looking for the slightest amount of daylight for them to press into.

Atlético Luz Del Mar 2 - 1 1984 Duckies FC

Other matches:

Keville United FC 1 - 3 Transvaal Springboks

United has had a difficult opening to the season with a close match against VolNat in their home opener and a tough loss to AFC on the road last week. This week they look to surprise the 'Boks who are coming off a tough draw last week to the Sinners. Unfortunately even at home, Keville will have a hard time coming away with any points.

Voobaha National 2 - 4 Arcadia FC

VooNat is riding high this week after capturing a point in last week's match against

VolNat. Look for them to open the game strong and comfident, perhaps even up at half. But when the Arcadian machine gets to rolling, the home fans will likely not like witnessing the flurry of goals probable in the second half. This is all assuming the cup match doesn't take too much out of AFC.

VolNation Volunteers 2 - 2 Estrella Roja

The Volunteers are recovering from a tough week but will probably find trouble once again thanks to the distraction of the cup. Estrella Roja also had a poor showing last week in a 3-nil defeat at the hands of Atlético look for them to bounce back and provide more disappointment to the VolNation this week.

Segunda:

FC Jekerger 3 - 2 Spartak MK

Dendarii FC 1 - 3 FC Franzharia

PEI FC 2 - 2 SiPS

Estrellapuerto FC 4 - 3 Dun Carrig Bohs

Tercera:

Jianada United 1 - 3 Atlético Vinilandês

RMI Armed Forces FC 2 - 1 Boltonia

Compostela Artois 3 - 2 S Team

Atlético Melloria 1 - 4 El Entrego

before the Semi-Final i received an event:

Gamrí Di María Florés recently became single again. This has had an impact on his diet, as he is lazy and can't cook, unlike his ex-girlfriend. His poor diet has started to affect his digestive system and his sleep, which in turn is having an impact on his fitness. He makes an appointment to see his doctor, but in the meantime he loses some form.

He missed the final PK to give Arcadia the win, what a bad week for Gamri!

great great match, would have been different if Roc Taja(10bar player) was playing instead of Faustino Asenjo(7bar player), who was also injuried in this game giving Junior Cabanas(18 year old, 5 bar player) the go ahead time on the pitch in this game. Rodrigo Abreu the main vocal point of our midfield was once again injuried in this match. If only i could field a true 11-Niños Sambíssima.....Hell of a match, you deserve it Arcadian.

Probably that's why - although I'm not sure where you're getting those stats from. You must be VIP!

I really have to get that soon...

The clock continues to count down.

EDIT: By the way Keville, you'll learn a lot while you are in the Primera.

Nope, just learned it from the match report. :P

I'm confident that the wins will start to come soon. I was pointless at this time last season too, and obviously the move up a level makes life much harder, as well as the managers actually being active in this division. But I'll keep plugging away. Transvaal better watch out :D

Premier, thanks!

I must admit when I found out Roc Taja was injured for the match, that was probably the best news all week.... if he was there in the match, I would've lost that match easily. It was always on a knife edge - I believe the predictions ranged from a 1-0 win to a win on penalties.

If you were at full strength - it would've been another ALDM v VolNation match for sure. I guess I was just lucky.

Hopefully I can break the 6 season trophy drought... it's gonna be derby! Makes it even better.

Edited by Arcadian Empire

'Vol/Arcadia match up is one for the ages. Though it would have been nice to see ALDM in the Copa Del Mar final being in its own back yard the final looks extremely even, and will not disappoint. Lois Luis, Roc Taja, Gamrí Di María Florés and Júnior Cabañas told reports post-match that they will attend the cup final and will be on the side lines. Luis is actually going to be apart of the pre/post game analysis team giving commentary on the game as well as player match ups on the Planet Bob Futbol TV.

Edited by PremierApex