Liga Mundo - Season 6

Botha

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gamrí Di María Florés(20) & Zé Cocôa(18) will be the scariest thing since Ian Robertson x2.

QFT. I found out first hand. Wasn't pretty.

And Like Dun Carrig, I lost my brand new multi-million econ star MF to a first half injury.

It was like watching Becks play for LA Galaxy. :(

Edited by Voobaha

Well, if you spend money on the right ones, they work. Emil Napieralski with me for example, spent 4.5 million on him - and he's been a great presence in my midfield.

Just gotta find the right ones.

I agree, if you got the fat pockets and you spend it correctly it will pay dividends.

I bought Gamrí Di María Florés for 3.19mill and he has scored in every single game he has played in this season, including every friendly played before season. Florés is 20, and he is worth 5.63 mill. If he progresses at 1 bar every season, he will be the same skill level as lulu when he is 26(current age of lulu).

I bought Zé Cocôa for 9.01mill yesterday. He has the ability to score goals consistently, like Florés, but this time his knack for goal scoring is coming from the air, instead of sheer speed.

2 forwards for ALDM=13million

-a HUGE chunk of dough for players under 20...would you risk it?

-if they progress each year, they will probably combine for 40mill in 3-4 seasons.

But, i must say, bringing in players through the transfer market can have a love/hate relationship. Think of Rodrigo Abreu, my ALDM midfielding wizard. He is a 34yo 8-bar player whos had a game that has him marked out at 11-bars. Though he has contributed, and was one of the main vocal points of our title run in season 4, He has lost TONS of value and has been injured more than he has played.

I agree, if you got the fat pockets and you spend it correctly it will pay dividends.

And then there is Transvaal which goes the route of buying up cheap but multi-skilled players to develop. I cannot imagine spending more than $1.5 million on a player now.

Just for the record, folks - for those of you without VIP - last season the Springboks were ranked the second weakest Primera side. And we won the title. Go figure.

Edited by Botha

I will go out on a limb and say PEI FC over Estrella Roja - although barely, as this could well go down to the wire in OT in which case PEI should have the advantage with better physique.”

LOL wow looks like ol' Botha went 4 for 4 this round.

LOL wow looks like ol' Botha went 4 for 4 this round.

yeah my shaky defence strikes again :(

I am glad your faith in my side worked better than your lack of faith.

Only non Primera in the final 4.

Let's dance Arcadia...or whomever.

Well done Mach, as the underdog in the final 4 i will be rooting for your side ;)

Week 2 in La Liga

Lutherville Press (LP)-

Match of the Week:

Atlético Luz Del Mar @ Estrella Roja

For the second week in a row, Atlético is in the marque game of Liga Mundio. Last week they were able to put away VooNat with ease as their young striker Florés collected a hat trick in accounting for the whole of the team's points. This week the team hopes that the young striker can continue his spree against the stronger, at least on paper, Roja squad.

Roja opened their season with a home draw against the Duckies which they secured with an extra time goal. The late game heroics by midfielder Tito saved the club spiked the teams' confidence and excitement coming into this week's match against Atlético.

Look for this week's match to be a game of posession, with the majority of the dance taking place in the defensive half for Roja. The game will however stay tight until the end with Roja needing another last second gasp to collect any points, a prayer which will go unanswered this week.

Estrella Roja 1 - 2 Atlético Luz Del Mar

Other Matches

Voobaha National 2 - 2 VolNation Volunteers

VooNat verses VolNat, will this be the beginning of a rivalry between the two similarly name squads? Last week Voobaha struggled against Atlético while the Vols were able to creep by Keville. This week look for the older team to struggle on the road as the Voo's collect their first ever point in the top flight.

Arcadia FC 3 - 0 Keville United FC

Coach Courtney has been reinstated for AFC and has a perfect record in league play thus far. Last week the Arcadian fans and newspapers were appalled at the prediction which looked for their squad to give up 2 points to the seemingly eternal cellar dwellers, the Sinners, which they did. Look for the squad to recollect themselves this week and put an honest beatdown on United at home.

Transvaal Springboks 3 - 1 Swamplandia Sinners

The Boks begin their quest to defend the league title this week as welcome familiar foe Swamplandia to their stadium. The Sinners hope to improve on their dismal all-time record against the Boks which sees them at 0-1-3 in competitive matches. In their first friendly as a club they were able to defeat Transvaal but ever since they have been but a whipping boy (however it should be noted that 2 of the 3 losses were by a single point.

Segunda Predictions:

Dun Carrig Bohs 4 - 0 Dendarii FC

FC Jekerger 2 - 2 Estrellapuerto FC

SiPS 2 - 1 A.M. Adepts FC

Spartak MK 1 - 3 PEI FC

Tercera Predictions:

El Entrego 2 - 2 Redemptio Reds

S Team 4 - 1 Jianada United

Boltonia 1 - 2 Atlético Melloria

RMI Armed Forces FC 2 - 3 Compostela Artois

Edited by DinendelDucky

In league play i see:

-Vols big over VooNats

-ALDM wins big over 'Roja

-Arcadia escapes..hah (4-1,U heard it here first)

-'Boks over sinners 3-0

Cup:

-Vols dominate PEI, good run Machi but the 'Vols are for real.

-Im undecided on the ALDM/Arcadia game, i say 3-3, shootout adv. ALDM 5-6