Is there different with the government type?

retardaioN

Yes, there is a difference. If you look at this LINK you'll see a chart showing the various effects of each government. Certain governments alos have a negative impact on your environment (not on the chart). They are Communism (1), Dictatorship (2), Revolutionary Government (1), Totalitarian (1) and Transitional (1). The chief effect is the -5% to the purchase cost of infrastructure. This is why Monarchy is so powerful and why many indicate to set it and forget. It gets the reduction in infrastructure cost and it get's a +1 to happiness which negates the -1 you get for not having the government your people want. Note you do not get a +1 happiness for having the government your people want, a common misconception. You simply do not suffer the -1 happiness for your government not matching what the people want. So in your situation, Monarchy is considered to the be choice over Communism.

ok a quick question, currently my people desires capitalist, and i am a capitalist now, do i have to cahnge to monarchy for the better one? i asked some people they say no effect for capitalist

EDIT: ok i saw the chart, so i do NOT have happiness bonus minus-ing, because my people desire it.

+5% land, from the chart and -5% initial infra cost, so i do not have to switch to it right.

and then, choosing monarchy is only to minus the negative value for not choosing the disired? like +1-1? and if the people desire monarchy = +1+0?

Summary

Capital

Happiness : 0

Infra Cost : -5%

Land : +5%

Monarchy

Happiness : 0( -1+1 )

Infra Cost : -5%

Land : 0

Edited by retardaioN

There is a difference, different governments provide different effects.

The Rule of Thumb on picking governments is:

ALWAYS PICK MONARCHY, unless your population desires Revolutionary Gov.

Why do people say this. It is incorrect. Its:

Always pick Monarchy, unless your population desires Revolutionary Gov, Capitalist or Republic.

Why do people say this. It is incorrect. Its:

Always pick Monarchy, unless your population desires Revolutionary Gov, Capitalist or Republic.

I'm still finding this confusing. My population prefers a federal government. I'm still not sure why I should choose monarchy over that. They both have the -5% infra bonus, but federal also has +8% soldier efficiency and -5% wonder/improvement upkeep bonus. Is there something else I am missing here?

Also, has the information index changed recently for government type descriptions? I don't remember that many bonuses showed before. What do the stars mean after the government types. Some have red or white stars after the name... some have nothing.

I'm still finding this confusing. My population prefers a federal government. I'm still not sure why I should choose monarchy over that. They both have the -5% infra bonus, but federal also has +8% soldier efficiency and -5% wonder/improvement upkeep bonus. Is there something else I am missing here?

Also, has the information index changed recently for government type descriptions? I don't remember that many bonuses showed before. What do the stars mean after the government types. Some have red or white stars after the name... some have nothing.

I can't remember if Federal has a minus environment in it. If it doesn't then it is indeed better then Monarchy if your people want it.

Rule of thumb: ALWAYS PICK MONARCHY, unless your people want Capitalist, Republic, or Revolutionary Government.

The reason being:

Monarchy gives Happiness + 1, and also adds the infrastructure costs -5%.

Federal government has a negative enviroment effect, which subtracts .8 happiness from your population, and depending on factors that affect $$$ per happiness, it could be very detrimental. Also, the soldier efficiency +8% is absolutely uselss unless you're in war.

Thanks, the previous post didn't mention Federal as one of the several choices that had a minus environment affect. That's the info I needed. Does the population ever change their mind on what type of government they want. I noticed a couple days ago that mine decided to change prefered religion.

Thanks, the previous post didn't mention Federal as one of the several choices that had a minus environment affect. That's the info I needed. Does the population ever change their mind on what type of government they want. I noticed a couple days ago that mine decided to change prefered religion.

No government affects population. Governmet Type Information Link

Click that link for more information on governments.

Hmmm, I think my last question was misunderstood. Does a nations population ever change their mind about what type of government they prefer to have? Mine recently decided that they no longer preferred confusionism as a religion and wanted judaism instead. I was wondering if they ever change their mind about what government the would rather have.

Hmmm, I think my last question was misunderstood. Does a nations population ever change their mind about what type of government they prefer to have? Mine recently decided that they no longer preferred confusionism as a religion and wanted judaism instead. I was wondering if they ever change their mind about what government the would rather have.

They change their minds around every month.

Rule of thumb: ALWAYS PICK MONARCHY, unless your people want Capitalist, Republic, or Revolutionary Government.

The reason being:

Monarchy gives Happiness + 1, and also adds the infrastructure costs -5%.

Federal government has a negative enviroment effect, which subtracts .8 happiness from your population, and depending on factors that affect $$$ per happiness, it could be very detrimental. Also, the soldier efficiency +8% is absolutely uselss unless you're in war.

Guys check again... Federal doesnt have a negative effect on Environment... only Communist, Dictorship, and Transitional do. Plus Anarchy.

It happens after you collect taxes, and usually doesn't happen until around a monthly period. However, they can change their minds after a week, or so I have heard.

Guys check again... Federal doesnt have a negative effect on Environment... only Communist, Dictorship, and Transitional do. Plus Anarchy.

I just checked again, and you're right... I assumed it had a star, but meh, it doesn't. The brightness on my computer is far to high.

Edited by SpacingOutMan