A Great Uprising: The Nation of Nod

OOC: Basically a nation based LOOSELY on a splinter faction of the “Brotherhood of Nod” from various C&C games that has deviated from obscurity and is becoming a legitimate nation...it has deviated from the teachings of Kane to be less hardline and more secular

THIS THREAD IS BASICALLY MY PERSONAL SCRATCHPAD ON THE NoN!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will basically be posting whats on my mind regarding my nation's back story here, and bouncing the ideas off of you

later i will make an offical IC only thread, that will follow this basic format:

Nation of Nod

DoE

Unknown Sergeants patrol

Exec Min's SpeachCheckmark.gif

Additional Background

(Leader, Undercities (expand upon this), Economy, Intro to war)Checkmark.gif

Excerpt from "Peace Through Power: A Compendium of Facts on the Brotherhood of Nod"Checkmark.gif

Excerpt from 'National Dossier C13.274.A subsection 37A'Checkmark.gif

History

The story of John Michaelson (Covers pre-nod-split to the battle of addis ababa and the current nation of nod) LONG

The NMI Ripper (replacement to early AK 103 (Ripper supplants the AK in the pre-split era, before the battle of addis ababa)Checkmark.gif

Post Split Info (basically what ill be rping with....this will be subjects to change in technology...etc)

Current Active Military

Infantry

Light Infantry

Training

Armour

Weapons

Heavy Infantry

Training

Armour

Weapons

Elite Cadre

Training

Armour

Weapons

Military Hierarchy

Mechanized Forces

Light Transport(think HMMV)

Arms and Armour

Uses/Advantages/Disadvantages

Light Combat Tank/IFVCheckmark.gif

Arms and Armour

Super-Heavy Combat TankCheckmark.gif

Arms and Armour

Experimental Heavy TankCheckmark.gif

Arms and Armour

APC

Arms and Armour

Anti Aircraft

Arms and Armour

Mobile Artilery System

Arms and Armour

Superheavy Infantry

Arms and Armour

Airforce

Air Superiority

Specs

Helicopter Tank Hunter 'Ravager'

Arms and Armour

Combat Airlifter 'Harbinger' Assault transport

Specs

Ad hoc Capablities

Fast Close Air Support (A10 Hog)

Specs

Super-Heavy Air Lifter - Weapons Delivery

AS YOU CAN SEE THIS WILL TAKE A WHILE TO FINISH, AS I AM GOING FOR DETAIL!!!!!!!!

Please be kind, this is my first RP!!! More stuff to be added as I have the time for it

IC:

Unknown Lieutenant, 81st Infantry Regt. Inner City, area formerly known as Jikao, Ethiopia.

“...another attack. 12 casualties. 7 unsalvageable.

We’ve been patrolling for over 5 weeks now, this being my second tour, and have come under attack almost every day. Never anything large scale, but always at least one or two men hit...Luckily, our transports and medics are getting more and more used to this, so the others might just survive. That doesn't help our situation much, though.

We have been trying to flush out pockets of Nod resistance, but they're just not giving up. Not only that, but they seem to be getting better, holding their ground, flanking, sniping and generally causing much more damage than they’re receiving I reckon. I don’t think we can take much more of this...

They're also getting better equipped- God knows how...Troopers armoured head to toe in some kind of black carapace, actually leading and causing the local militants to be a threat to us...We met up with some of those guys the other day. Thank god there doesn’t seem to be many of them, as we are still alive and able to patrol the city... Doesn't mean to say they're ignorable though. They took out 8 of my guys in an 8-minute firefight. We made them fall back in the end, but we only managed recover a couple bodies from the building they were holed up in. They seem every bit as well-equipped as us. That coupled with their tactics and obvious morale advantage makes me seriously question why we’re still here...

I try not to show it but it’s actually worried me enough to always try to get that last seat in the Humvee, rather than walk outside and become vulnerable to their sniper fire. Just 3 days ago, I saw Sgt. Miller – my best friend – get hit with an anti materiel round...He was trying desperately to direct civilians to safety when we all heard a loud crack amidst all the gun fire...I actually watched in horror as he looked down, eyes wide, trying desperately to reach out to me and beg for help, only to fall over, this torso cut savagely in two across his abdomen...I still can’t believe we needed two separate stretchers to get him back to his folks...

But my biggest fear is not death, it’s actually being caught alive by one of those maniacs...I try to keep a brave face for my men but I’m terrified of what we found last summer (OOC:Lol we all know what he did) the remains of some poor !@#$%^& that actually surrendered to them...

He was bound to a chair in what appeared to be miniaturized barbed wire, his entire frame coated in a layer of dried blood. There were obvious burn marks as well, probably from all the electrodes we found in him...there’s no denying the guy sang like a canary after they were through with him...hell, it looked like they first shocked his testicles, and then gouged them out!!

I miss my folks, miss clean air (not that there is any after the latest nuclear war...probably karma i guess) and I’m sick and tired of all this death and killing. Dealing it and taking it. This isn’t normal war, I’ve been through it and know you’ll never know when you see your death...but this is different, you know when it’s coming because you’re going to see it next time you leave the base, see it happen to the guy next to you, feel it when you’re trying desperately to save him...”

End Log

“...They promised us peace...prosperity!... but in the slums the homeless and hungry know the truth... They have been forgotten, they have nothing... but their anger! For too long have we been oppressed - forced to cower underground in the Undercities and the bunkers as the bombs exploded overhead, our rivers and skies irradiated! Our friends and loved ones – devoured by those same superpowers that vowed to protect us, bloated by arrogance and complacency... Now is the time to strike. It is sooner, not later that the people will rise up against this great injustice...”

“...The result will be a conflagration on a scale never before imagined, and a sign to the faithful, that NOD HAS ARISEN ONCE MORE!!!”

“...We are strong. We are invincible. We are the future of the survival of mankind... we will truly be unstoppable!”

"..the Rivers will be clean once more, for they will flow with the blood of those who oppose us."

"One vision, one purpose."

"Peace! Through! Power!"

- The Executive Minister, Address to the people.

We have arisen, a nation with one vision, a nation with one purpose. A nation of people from all walks of life, a nation

unified, strengthened, ready to overcome…

A Nation of Nod

NationofNodMkI.jpg

Edited by Executive Minister

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOC: Non-cannon it seems so... but, I welcome you to the RP... I like crazy guys like Kane and technological military forces like yours... I own the Aether Empire...

http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?showtopic=58756

Check out the World Map and See if you can't grab some land that fits in your sphere of influence! I hope to hear from you in RP! MWAH HA HA HA!!! (Luckily there doesn't appear to be a GDI in the world, but all the good guys may as well play them... for now we villains must be small, but we grow... with time we grow... they'd be bored without us after all.)

Edited by Zarfef

OOC: but two BoN ideas in one canon RP would be so funny to watch

OOC: With two different Kanes :P... Or better yet, the same Kane giving different and contradictory goal orders to both sides... (Who else is playing BoN?)

OOC:Ohhh....yeah i just meant for this to be a Factbook of sorts for now...not going to RP in world issues till i get my IG nation up to par...

besides claiming some land, what else would i need to do to make this legit?

EDIT: Hmmm i think this belongs in Open National RP then...thats where it seems the other factbooks are...oh well this'll probably get moved

OOC:Ohhh....yeah i just meant for this to be a Factbook of sorts for now...not going to RP in world issues till i get my IG nation up to par...

besides claiming some land, what else would i need to do to make this legit?

EDIT: Hmmm i think this belongs in Open National RP then...thats where it seems the other factbooks are...oh well this'll probably get moved

OOC: Not much really, just stay active and follow the guidelines. Regarding move of the topic you would need to request that.

OOC: Ok the latest installment...

IC:

Excerpt from "Peace Through Power: A Compendium of Facts on the Brotherhood of Nod"

"...The Brotherhood of Nod remains an enigma to one who wishes to categorize it as a "Nation". It is indeed a large body of people, united under a common goal, but curiously not associated with any defined territory or boundary. It has once been classified as a 'religious movement, multi-national corporation and a nation-state, while actually being none of these in itself'. Probably the closest definition of the Brotherhood may be that it is a techno-religious military order with fascist tendencies.

...there is no 'Federal Government' so to speak, or even any conventional ruling body or party. Only one thing matters to the Brotherhood in terms of leadership...the man commonly referred to as Kane...a man of curious charisma who holds almost complete control over the masses and political entities within the Brotherhood...details of his origins and identity remain scarce, with 'Kane' reportedly having many aliases over the years including Jacob Caine, Caine or Amir Al'Quayym and indicate that no truly reliable source exists for reconstructing his past as all records are either false, forged or outright planted by Nod.

However it can be traced through history that the great folly of the Brotherhood's trust in Kane is this; whenever he goes missing, or presumed killed (as has happened numerous times in the past often resulting in his 'divine return', which has in turn led most of the Brotherhood to consider him a Messiah) the Brotherhood fragments into many feuding warlords, with vicious, sometimes nuclear fratricide...

Many 'splinter groups' perish in the infighting, while even more become absorbed into larger factions...one thing remains clear though, whenever the dust settles and Kane returns, the Brotherhood reunites often stronger than before, as Nod military doctine emphasises survival of the fittest on a 'national scale' with the strong holding power, while the weak are purged...

...another splinter faction of note is the one called 'The Nation of Nod'... rumoured to be lead by a former member of Kane's 'Inner Circle' the cabal of rulers of Nod when it is under Kane and one banner. Known only as the 'Executive Minister' (indeed it is quite odd for the sole ruler of a dictatorship to not relish the power and broadcast his visage for all his nation to see, as is common with other dictatorships) known only by his ruling rank, the NoN has managed to unite other, smaller factions under its banner, and actually avoid most of the other larger, warring factions.

614px-Mandalore_the_Indomitable.jpg

The 'Executive Minister' shown here in two documented formal dress, note the full face mask, similiar to those worn by NoN's Heavy Infantry and Elite Cadre Corps...

The Nation of Nod has managed to scrounge up a meager, but rapidly improving existance in the World, with much funds being poured into infrastructure and Military spending. The NoN relies on two basic commodities and one advanced one...

The NoN has prided itself on its Underground dwellings, with vast underground cities protected from the wars above with layer upon layer of earth and rock... Most of the city is connected with various tunnels, trams and elevators. The many underground grottoes of the Undercities of NoN hold schools, factories, housing, medical and agricultural facilities...

...The Nation of Nod has vast experience with underground hydroponic technology. With this technology and experience the Nation has the ability of growing plants using mineral nutrient solutions, without soil. Surprisingly, the NoN has a strong forestry industry, with vast caverns filled with hard and soft wood, with rigourous fertilization, replanting, accelerated growth and artificial insolation. This is based on the fact that practically any terrestial flora may be grown with their roots in a mineral nutrient solution only or in an inert medium, such as perlite, gravel, or mineral wool.

The Nation of Nod has also applied these techniques to also have a strong wheat and grains agricultural base. Workers labour in the underground fields, while large Combines sift through them. Citizens of the NoN enjoy an almost certain wheat surplus each year which allows production of various grain and grain derived products, which boosts local industry, from large retail stores to local bakeries, while still keeping foreign trade operational and profitable...

...Secondary industries of The NoN include a large microchip manufacturing industry, supported by imports of oil, lead and gold from various sympathetic nations, which results in a relatively large boost to the quality of life underground...when that coupled with vast construction, steel and auto exports cannot make even the most depressed citizen look on the brighter side, the NoN's vast alcoholic beverage production markets can compensate...

...The Nation of Nod seems to have an edge over other, similarly sized nations due to the fact that it is a leading dealer in technology. Using the natural affinity for design, testing and implementing new and exotic technologies given to it by being a former member of the Brotherhood of Nod, the NoN deals technology furiously, reaping vast benefits and increased income... this allows for the majority of citizens to enjoy a reduced tax precentage, as the military and working class are held in high regard (almost 80 percent of male NoN citizens are employed by the military and a whopping 92 percent of all females are employed in the manufacturing, services and retail) and given significant tax waivers...

Every member of the Nation of Nod seems to have a renowned sense of hope for the future, and follow the Executive Minister with as much, if not more, fervor than they would Kane (no doubt this would be considered a sort of blasphemy among Nod ranks if even mentioned to a normal denizen) even 'unto death', most declare without hesitation, since although the NoN has gained a sense of stability, it has not lost its itch for war....

OOC: Another bit here, classified bits are things relating to my in canon location (aiming for ethiopia), or allies (i have none atm :[ )

IC:

Except from 'National Dossier C13.274.A subsection 37A'

TOP SECRET

"THIS DOCUMENT CONTAINS FOREIGN GOVERNMENT LEVEL ONE INFORMATION."

TOP SECRET//ORCON,PROPIN//20091231

ID Confirmed: LEVEL ONE SECURITY CLEARANCE......

SUBJECT: Latest Intel on Group known as 'The Nation of Nod' hereby referred to as 'NoN'.

CURRENT FLAG OF OPERATIONS:

NationofNodMkI.jpg

FOUNDED: Date unknown: exaggerated reports place parent group "Brotherhood of Nod" founding before 1,800 B.C.

IDEOLOGY: "...current detractors hide behind the façade that they are here to help the free nations in their struggle against those they would name terrorist. We in the Nation of Nod know the truth. Our fight is for all mankind, not for those cherished few. We are the agent of change for a world in the throes of transition to a new order, the representative of the poor and the oppressed, and a foil to the previously unchecked power of current superpowers..."

Appears to be a splinter of the 'Brotherhood of Nod', a globalized as well as a highly militant Abrahamic cult showing the combined characteristics of a vast religious movement, a multi-national corporation and a decentralized nation-state, while having imperialistic and fascist tendencies.

IDEOLOGICAL HEAD OF STATE: Kane (deceased); also known as Caine, Jacob (INTERPOL, File TRX11-12Q); al-Quayym, Amir (MI6 DR-416.52)

CURRENT HEAD OF STATE: The Executive Minister (NO ENTRIES FOUND)

BASE OF OPERATIONS: Centralized around the area formerly known as Addis Ababa/Abeba, former capital of Ethiopia. Obsolete intel places former command posts identified at Kuantan, Malaysia; somewhere in Ar-Rub' al-Khali, Saudi Arabia; Tokyo; Caen, France; Philippines

IDEOLOGICAL CAPITAL: Temple Prime, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina

ACTING CAPITAL: Temple Secundus, Addis Ababa/Abeba, Ethiopia

MILITARY STRENGTH: Previously believed only to be an insignificant part of a smaller terrorist operation, a recent scandal involving ##CLASSIFIED## defense contractors affirms that the NoN is well-equipped and supports significant land, and air military operations.

ECONOMIC STRENGTH: Considerable - operating assets believed to be in excess of US$7.9 trillion, based on audits of seized financial records (see CIA Docket 3231.54-776 FIA subsection 37A).

POLITICAL STRENGTH: Believed to be the sole backers of the Borghese Neo-Fascists in Italy (52%); The Seventh Reich in the area formerly known as Maghreb (12%); hold an enclave housing a significant portion of Italican citizens including 'Il Duce' Arathog and family of the former Somalian nation Italica(67+%), among others. (See Brookings Institution publication A42962-94 for full disclosure.)

AFFILIATIONS: Irish Republican Party; Islamic Jihad; Khmer Rouge; MNLF; The Brotherhood of Nod; others. (See document: Brotherhood of Nod Splinter Groups.)

Acknowledge: 756_TREE_Encrypt_KEY_2048_BIT_OvermAtrix

TOP SECRET

OOC: Auuugh I have the worst farmer's tan ever!!Never binge drink when the sun's still high in the sky!

Ok guys, I will start introducing the military aspect of the NoN (everyones favourite part of a factbook) soon,

I've also done some editing to previous posts, to make things a little more professional, also guys lets keep OOC only on comments about what i post from now on please :P, heres a dialogue about the Battle of Addis Ababa (the capital of the NoN if i get ethiopia), a historical Stalingrad esque battle for the NoN's capital from a fictional (as is no one RPs as these guys) enemy Nod Splinter group. This battle is told through one John Michaelson's personal accounts. He is an almost iconic military figure in NoN who was not unlike Vasily Zaytsev and the USSR during WWII.

Note: Itallics denote more will follow on this....

EDIT: CONSIDER THIS MY CLAIM ATTEMPT ON ETHIOPIA!!!!!!!!!!!!

IC:

M. John, Heavy Infantry Cmdr. 7th Militant Cabal. Addis Ababa, Area formerly known as Ethiopia. 04 25,YYYY

April 25th YYYY

Aprils are usually clear here in Addis Ababa. However, the dark, ominous clouds seem to deny even this basic fact. On this, the sixth month anniversary of my parents' deaths, will I begin to keep this as a memorial, to all the things i've lost and will lose. Perhaps someone who reads it will understand why. Why my parents died in the 'service to Kane', why my home was destroyed and why I lost my family. I hope I'm alive, so that I can finally get an answer.

First, I will explain everything of importance prior to this entry:

I still don't fully know why my mother and father were imprisoned. I only know about the years I actually spent with them.

My mother was always so loving to me, and to those around her. My father, a General of some sort in Nod's great army, always seemed distant to me. He never allowed me to call him dad, daddy, or even father. I was always told to address him as sir, or commander. I was also always told that he would die for me, that he loved me. Deep down, I always thought he loved me and that what ever he did was either for the service of Kane or to protect me. Yet he never showed it during his life. He never once smiled at me, nor did he ever play games with me. All he ever wanted to do was 'train' me.

I remember when I was just a child, when the three of us went to Undercity Prime. I remember how amazed I was when I saw all the great underground 'surface scrapers', they were called, and all the people scurrying about, kind of like ants crawling around an anthill. I never thought such a city could exist below the surface. My father had a pleased look and turned and said to me, "John, one day you'll be part of this. You now see why we are the true followers of Kane, and why the Brotherhood can never be defeated. Our enemies seek to kill us, all of us, but we will always rise from the ashes. Your time has only just begun."

I remember how he taught me of Kane's vision, of how he divines so that the Brotherhood would prosper. I remember when I once saw one of my father's speeches to the masses - large men, all wearing black uniforms or black carapace armours and helms, and the startling contrast - almost ethereal looking women, draped in white gown-like uniforms. They all looked intimidating, the mens' fierce appearance, and the womens' beauty, but they all seemed to be in awe of my father. My mother had me in her lap, and squeezed me tight whenever my father received cheers or other forms of adulation, and chanted "Peace through power!" whenever Father and the others did - which was quite often.

I never knew what the true meaning of that was until today.

I remember my first day at the education facility. Everyone seemed to go out of their way for me. My teachers would never tell me off, no kid would dare pick on me, everyone seemed to want to be my friend... Was it fear? I used to always notice the odd nervous glance in my direction every now and then and even had instances of entire conversations abruptly ending whenever I entered the room. Once, a kid accidentally poked my finger with a pencil. We were playing 'red star' a game where one holds his hand down on a table while he rapidly stabs in between each finger with the eraser end of a pencil in the other hand. I had wanted to try with the pointy end but was too scared to do it myself. I asked Kevin, a friend of mine, to do it. He obliged but missed a gap and hit my finger. It was only a tiny hole, but enough for me to emit a short yelp, and draw blood. Ashley, a pretty girl whose goofy smile had always made me warm inside promptly took out a princess band aid and put it on me. A group of men wearing full black uniforms dragged Kevin off, however. He didn't come back to school for a while, but when he did I did my best to get him to forgive me - I had noticed the marks on his body... He eventually did and the three of us soon became inseparable.

[...]

I had heard all of the Brotherhood's propaganda. Some I agreed with, some I didn't. I sat idly by and took in whatever they fed me at school, whatever bull they broadcast on TV. But whenever it mentioned anything about Kane, with his greatness and how we should all put our faith in him, I was immediately repulsed. Why did one man, a man I had never seen before in person, during the many trips I took to the Undercities, who had never even set foot in Ethiopia before - although he seemed to frequent Cairo a lot - deserve my respect, let alone my faith. But never the less I watched and silently obeyed - all the religious fervor about Kane I ignored or pretended to believe, while everything else about "Brotherhood, Unity, Peace" I actually sort of liked. Maybe it was because of the emptiness I had because of me and my father's relationship, or maybe because i was a complete nut...

Whenever I excelled, whenever Mother showered me in praise, I would look up, and I would see Father standing above me. Though his face didn't show it, I could see the adoration, the pride deep down inside of him, where it couldn't be seen. I never once remember my father hugging me...

It was at this point where I began to question the Brotherhood and the devotion my parents gave to it and Kane. I remembered being angered at Kane for what I saw as replacing me as my fathers object of attention. I tried to find my own answers, only to be baby-fed the same empty answers by whichever student, teacher or friend I asked. Even Kevin, my best friend and endless source for all the endless things a child would ask had no answer for me (It was from him I learned the real place babies came from; my parents never brought up the issue and I never remembered once recieving the 'birds and the bees' speech from anyone). I once asked my father out of frustration one day: "Why do we always have to listen to what Kane says, sir?"

I asked, with the curiousity of any eleven-year old trying to find their place in the world. As I said the words, I saw his body twitch. I was like he was under a great stress to suppress something - I later learned that blasphemy towards Kane was punishable by immediate summary execution, a law my father readily enforced. As he turned however, I had never seen such pain written on his face. He had taken gunshot wounds, and even then he showed no emotion. Yet twelve words from my mouth seemed to destroy him.

"Kane...Kane's vision, my vision, are one and the same. We both believe that we can make the world a better place. I wish that one day, when, not if, something happens to me, you pick up where we left off. I don't want my boy and family to suffer. Nod will give you everything, as it has given me. Isn't that worth something?"

Stooping down to me level he continued.

"Listen, I know you're upset for whatever reason, but please understand that only the strong survive out there - eventually you will reach a time where you will need to make a decision....I hope my strength and example will teach you to be able to do the same, and that you'll eventually understand. I'm sorry..."

I looked up at him. Though I absorbed his words, I didn't share his beliefs. I felt a rebelliousness inside me. I felt that all my parents were doing was to train me into being something that THEY wanted me to be.

I did not say anything at the time, yet I still questioned the plausibility of Kane's vision, and whether it was worth not having a father.

[...]

I remember when I graduated tenth year, and we were given our options at school. It was expected of boys either to join for Officer Training or enlist, while girls would work in the mainstream of Nod's services. Propaganda, medical, science, retail, even weapons production were overseen by females. Even when we were all just kids, I felt we were already being vacuum sealed into these perfect little moulds, that supported Nod's heavy weight, while we were told we were becoming productive members of Nod's family.

My instructor was pressing for me to take 'Elite Cadre', an option open only to a select few, born into privileged families, top notch athletes or, from what I noticed, the most cold and calculating. This was Nod's school for the Gifted, where my father had trained. It would take me deep into the great Temples of Nod, and would mean, I was told, that one day I would be at the right hand of Kane on his return... Fat chance.

I dismissed the pressure from my teacher, and elected for Basic Military. I'd decided that if I couldn't totally escape the Hand of Nod, what they called our barracks, I would like to emerge from one, and die gloriously, like all young men dream to...

When Mother and Father heard, they were furious. I remember how they yelled for hours at me.

"Heavy Infantry!?" my father screamed on his return from the front, "Are you !@#$@#$ insane? You could have been anything you chose! Why in the hell would you want to get yourself killed!?!?!"

"No, Sir! I just want to make my own path! I don't want to join the Elite Cadre! I want to be normal for once! Those other kids, I hate them. All those over achieving snobs! I'll be a friendless virgin if I go there!"

"So your joining because of your friend? John...your father is right...Kevin, his parents are wealthy aristocrats son...Their money allows them to stay in the Nation, but they needed to have a son to send to basic for repayment to the Brotherhood for its hospitality..." My mother said, calmer than my father, yet still with disappointment in her voice, "Why, son you've been born into a more productive family, and that boy is always so crass... you could have done anything you wanted, as for virgin, come now, wouldnt it be better if you joined Ashley in the medical fiel-"

"YES and NO!" I called back, enraged that my mother had even suggested that I was better than Kevin, a boy who seemed so much more mature and infinitely more street smart than I, "I wanted to join the Heavy Infantry! Kevin's attitude has nothing to do with it, and medical is for girls!!" I said indignantly. "Don't tel-."

Father had gotten up and prompty slapped me, "Don't you dare talk to your mother with that tone!". As the tears welled up, father said something that I live by to this day.

"What, tears? Son, if you want to challenge the bull, make sure you can take its horns! Be a man! Men do not cry in the Na - Brotherhood of Nod, and I wont have my son shame me!... Keep it in, hold it. Hold it until the sadness or embarassment, or pain... turns into something else...Anger"

"What a maniac," i thought to myself. But as I thought those words, rubbing my cheek, I could feel my pain, not just the physical, but the pain of having my dreams rejected by my parents, the only ones I realized that I cared about besides my friend and girlfriend, start to cede and turn into hate. I cursed my father for always being right in his own strange ways.

After a moment of silence i said quietly and full of restraint "I can still serve Kane, and I'll show both of you that you don't need to be a General or a scientist to make a difference." This seemed to get them to calm down. After that, they didn't talk to me much. But I didn't care. I was doing something of my OWN free will for once. I didn't care I'd thrown any chance of leading Nod away. I didn't want to lead Nod. I just wanted to be myself.

I went to the local recruitment facility the next week, and said goodbye to my parents; They had both come to send me off surprisingly, my mother teary eyed and a mass of kisses, hugs and tears, while me father stood stoicly, arms crossed, while men in uniforms constantly saluted while they passed by.

My father, after having to console my mother and promise her that he would try his best to look out for me, came up to me.

"Ignore everything I just said to your mother", my father said. "When you are over there, you will be given no mercy...life in the service will be hard - harder for you because you are my son. You want to be your own man, fine, I won't stop you...there will be plenty of others for that."

I looked incredulously at my father. "What", he said, "do you think I was born into power? I had to go through the same process you will go through. Only then was I allowed to join the Elite Cadre...my mother and father were farmers...I had to prove myself in battle, as you will...here", he said, handing me small, metal case. "My original sidearm, this weapon will serve you well, but remember no matter what the weapon, it is the person behind it that counts".

My eyes further widened, and I nodded; Nodded so much and so hard I felt as though my head would fall off. My father firmly clasped my hand with what I caught was a sense of stifled pride. He took my still weeping mother's hand, and turned without looking back...

After my parents disappeared behind a marble column, my gaze turned to the case, I opened it, a sense of awe and solemnness over taking me. This was the gun my father had sometimes unloaded and let me hold when I was still an infant. It was still the same, a black chrome finish, with NMI .400 engraved along the side. I quickly stowed the monster with my other belongings, and met up with Kevin who was coming with me and Ashley, who was also wishing me off.

"I wish you wouldn't go..." she started, before i quickly cut her off with a kiss, I could never do anything she didn't want, and I really wanted to go.

"I'm doing this because I love you" i said, an awful sounding perversion of my father.

"I know she sighed...", after everything was settled and I had promised I wouldn't stray and message every day, she left, heading off to the medical building.

Kevin gave a sly grin, "Okay lover boy lets go, I hope your not as soft as you look right now! I hear they make us wade through blood..."

[...]

It was hard adjusting to life in basic. There were none of the usual comforts of being at home, but that wasn't what struck me the hardest - it was being a normal teenager. The others knew nothing about my heritage and father, bar Kevin of course, and treated me equally. Previously I would have jumped for joy, but now I was noticing equality wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

People would cut infront of the line in the mess hall, recruits obviously older, with way more facial hair and at least a good six inches taller. My father was right again, only the strongest survived. Us fresh out of the education facilities stood no chance against those brutes - they had already started to undergo combat training.

But that didn't mean we didn't try to fight back however. One time in line, I got the last brownie from the fresh pile. I quickly shuffled past the rest of the others towards my seat, my prize grasped firmly in my hand. However, I was not the only one who had my eyes on it...

A group of older recruits, a year or so older, cornered me. In the crowded mess hall, none of the combat history instructors noticed my plight (fresh recruits are only taught combat history and other non-violent activities for the first year or until they were 16 years old), and the more advanced instructors watched smuggly, not saying anything, as if to say they too had done such things when they were younger.

"Hey, little man", the leader of the brute pack said, menacing closer to me - I immediately tightened my grip on the brownie, "are you sure you can finish that all by yourself?"

"No, of course not, I intend to share with some of my cell mates" (cell is a reference to the smallest building block in the hierarchy of Nod military doctrine).

"Hmmph, sharing? You're weak, I give you another month before you're sent packing, coward, your puny friends can't save you now", and with that the brutes started to descend upon me.

I promptly dropped the brownie to the ground, stepped on it till I was sure it was inedible, and got ready for the fight. After it was over, I was a mess, with my history instructor lecturing me on how I should have known I was about to fall into a pincer trap (we covered this extensively in class), and the brutes' instructors lecturing them about trying to steal candy from a baby, only to have the baby piss in their faces...

I wanted to cry, but I remember what my father said just in time, and sucked it up, letting the tears turn to gouts of flame within my chest...

[...]

After a year and a bit, I had finally graduated first year and was advancing to the next stage. We were to be introduced to our combat instructors today. Training Sergeant Konig was a brute of a drill sergeant, constantly barking orders and making us say: "In the name of Kane, Peace through Power, and Death to (insert current mortal enemy of the Brotherhood here...)". I was disgusted that I'd have to listen to this constant drivel, hoping to escape it by leaving for basic, only to run into it again. The Hand of Nod is indeed an ever grasping one, i thought...

Strangely, I excelled at basic. I just threw myself into training and alcohol, which was permitted in the service. After a few months, I had gained considerable muscle mass, as did all the others. All the training sessions, be it Cardio - I finally met the minimum requirements of 6 mph for 1hr with my entire kit on, still working on that plus the weight of an injured comrade, the 'advanced requirement', I hope to reach it soon - strength, or combat training. My instructors again seemed to favour me, especially Konig, who approved of my proficiency with a knife.

Konig loved knives so much that he liked to show its effectiveness - which seemed absurd given that we were fighting with guns - to us on training dummies (gruesome combinations of ballistics gel, bone and fake but still very accurate looking gibs), captured enemy combatants and even his own trainees.

A rival of mine who was in my "cell", Davids, had the complete lack of tact to question the usage of the knife in a modern combat environment, "Why are we using knives when at the push of a button nukes could start flying, Sir?"

I could not see what Konig looked like when he heard that, as my dueling partner had noticed my loss of concentration and lunged for my carotid artery. I promptly parried the strike with my knife while simulaneously disarming and simulating a fake "shoulder breaking" maneouver.

"Trainee, put your arm on that wall!" Konig barked. Immediately everyone stopped what they were doing, stood at attention and stared, fixed on David's hand on the wall.

"The enemy cannot push a button-" Konig said, while unsheathing, aiming, and throwing his own knife in a single fluid motion, "-if you have disabled his hand!", he gave with a slight smirk, "Medic!".

Everyone's eyes had been focused on Konig so deeply, that no one noticed the knife lodged in Davids' outstretched arm, the knife wedged precisely in between his radius and ulna. Davids was desperately trying to stifle the tears and gasps for breath as he clawed at the knife like a madman...

My eyes were open with rage, "why the hell would you do that to your own recruit!" I bellowed. Unaware that such treatment of trainee's was routine, and the medical technology available was enough to permit this. "I joined this facility because I was told it was the best, but this is totally unneeded!" I added in for good measure.

Konig looked surprised at this outburst, and actually looked like he stifled a smile before gritting his teeth.

"Number one!", He barked "you will add a 'Sir' after each line that quick tongue of yours says. Two, you are right this facility is the best...but what makes YOU GOOD ENOUGH FOR IT?!?!?!?!?!?! THREE, ARE YOU CHALLENGING MY AUTHORITY OVER THIS SQUAD!?!?".

I calmly unzipped my knife-proof vest exposing the bare shirt underneath, and caucked my fists, while desperately hoping that he knew who my father was, and knowing that if I backed down I'd lose face infront of my cell.

"A ha!" Konig exclaimed, he seemed almost overeager. "Everyone pay attention! This is how someone rises in the ranks in the Brotherhood of Nod!"

Both of us circled one another, still at the head of the others, everyone else still at attention. No one removed their gaze for a second. Konig lunged with a fist, causing me to back up, but there was no strike, it was just a test. I wanted to slap myself for flinching, it was poor form and Konig had only a foot on me, my shoulders were easily broader than his, my muscles still younger and faster. Boy would I be proven wrong.

He came again with another lunge, this time a brutal strike behind it. I managed to deflect it, stepped into his stride and threw a vicious elbow at his chin. Some of the standard moves we were taught in the previous months. It connected, but as I backed up for a finishing blow, i noticed that it didn't even seem to faze him, he had a look of shock, but it quickly dissipated into a look of annoyance, as if i ruined the fun somehow, he knew I was serious and a grim look came on his face. How could I have thought to beat the man that taught me to fight with his own moves?

He moved in again, and I performed a vicious axe kick, aiming for his trapezius muscle on his shoulder, maybe that would slow him a down, I foolishly thought. The others later told me that what followed was a lighting fast block with his left hand, an equally fast drop to the ground, spinning roundhouse swipe to my standing leg with his right leg, all with me still thinking my leg was still coming down on him. I ended up on my back, totally bewildered, with Konig's knee to my throat, and my free arm grasped tightly in a agonizing brachioradialis hold. As I tried desperately to speak, it was no use, and darkness soon envelloped me...

OOC: To be continued...

EDIT: Added another paragraph or so inbetween first coming to basic and aging to be in combat training...lets see if anyone picks this reference up....

OOC:

A rival of mine who was in my "cell", David, had the complete lack of tact to question the usage of the knife in a modern combat environment, "Why are we using knives when at the push of a button nukes could start flying, Sir?"

I could not see what Konig looked like when he heard that, as my dueling partner had noticed my loss of concentration and lunged for my carotid artery. I promptly parried the strike with my knife while simulaneously disarming and simulating a fake "shoulder breaking" maneouver.

"Trainee, put your arm on that wall!" Konig barked. Immediately everyone stopped what they were doing, stood at attention and stared, fixed on David's hand on the wall.

"The enemy cannot push a button-" Konig said, while unsheathing, aiming, and throwing his own knife in a single fluid motion, "-if you have disabled his hand!", he gave with a slight smirk, "Medic!".A rival of mine who was in my "cell", David, had the complete lack of tact to question the usage of the knife in a modern combat environment, "Why are we using knives when at the push of a button nukes could start flying, Sir?"

"The enemy cannot push a button-" Konig said, while unsheathing, aiming, and throwing his own knife in a single fluid motion, "-if you have disabled his hand!", he gave with a slight smirk, "Medic!".A rival of mine who was in my "cell", David, had the complete lack of tact to question the usage of the knife in a modern combat environment, "Why are we using knives when at the push of a button nukes could start flying, Sir?"

"The enemy cannot push a button-" Konig said, while unsheathing, aiming, and throwing his own knife in a single fluid motion, "-if you have disabled his hand!", he gave with a slight smirk, "Medic!".

Shameless rip off. fail.

*sigh* yes i know that block was a shameless SST rip, but can you blame me? That scene was so epic XD, also I plan to take and modify other cool scenes from other movies (of course in my own words just like the above), i guess we could play name that scene and movie during OOC :P

*sigh* yes i know that block was a shameless SST rip, but can you blame me? That scene was so epic XD also I plan to take and modify other cool scenes from other movies (of course in my own words just like the above), i guess we could play name that scene and movie during OOC

OOC: >_> Come up with original material. Everyone else manages.

Edited by LeVentNoir

OOC: A continuation of John's story

IC:

...I awoke to find myself sitting on a stool in the middle of a dark, damp room. A single, naked light bulb hung above my head, flickering omniously. As I came to, the bulb suddenly flickered for the last time, as if it was simply killing time by flickering, waiting for me to regain consciousness...

"So the smartass returns...welcome back..." Konig smugly said, stepping forward, into the now bright hot light "did you really think you could gain command? Are you that naive? What did you expect to do, had you incapacitated me?". Konig took a step forward as I refused to say anything, and backhanded me.

The blow stunned me, and as the blotches and random colours of light faded, Konig stepped close... He was so close I could almost taste the tobacco he had in his mouth.

"You were trying to incapacitate me? Right?" Konig said with nothing but pure amusement it seemed. "Unless you were trying to kill me? Hmm? Still nothing?" he squeezed both of my checks with his thumb and index and shook my head".

I managed to shake his hand off with my head and raised my chin, indignantly returning his gaze.

"You know, what?" Konig said, sounding as if he were tired of the tension the current situation was charged with, "I swore I thought I saw a couple of the other recruits squirm..as if they wanted to do something about me...as if they wanted to save you". He lowered his head to be level with mine, "Now, why would they want to do such a thing? Why, Why, Why, Why?" Konig accented each 'why' with a light, almost playful slap.

"IF YOU TOUCH MY FACE ONE MORE TIME I SWEAR ILL KILL YOU", I bellowed, the seething rage for this man finally breaking through my calm facade. Konig barely flinched at this outburst, and looked bemused.

"You know what", Konig said, ignoring the outburst, "I think the reason the others even had a thought of acting has something to do with your obviously strong will..." he looked at me as if I would accept the compliment. "No? Well maybe its because they know your father is a high ranking military official and they think that I give a damn."

I was surprised that he knew, and I think I showed it because Konig continued, "Surprised? Well of course I know who you are, I went to ElCad training with him"..."we were quite close" he added.

"Ok I'll tell you what", he said in a mocking tone, "if you promise not to attempt another coup, I'll make you cell leader."

I could not believe what I had just heard..."heck, I'll even let you pick your own right hand man", and with that he turned to exit. (Not Konig's rank, something like Konig's prefect)

"Oh and by the way, if you were planning on making that Kevin boy your second, I recommend you give him a chance to recouperate. He lasted longer than you; really, try to learn better form from him...now cool off and report to the barracks at Oh-Six-Hundred..."

John just stared at the now closed door, and tried to collect himself..."Geeze, I go and do my own thing and I still end up doing what my father wanted...". John closed his eyes, laid back in his seat and tried to get some rest, "I'll cross that bridge when I meet it", he sighed...

OOC: To be continued...

EDIT: Removed the shameless catering i slipped in there

OOC: Given their cruel nature... I pity the lawyers of the Brotherhood of Mol :P. Although from the last post, they seem kind of kind... Aether commanders would have obliterated that kid for trying that... He would have gotten his tail kicked into anarchy!