terminate nations after 3 days at 0 troops

To address unbalanced wars, turtles/zombies and territorial control: if a TE nation lacks any defensive structure ( troops only ... troops, tanks navy or AF as an alternative) for three successive days, then the country is considered occupied; it may reroll or wait until the next round.

Alternatively, make it a custom event (2nd level of Anarchy) shedding wars, trades and alliance affiliation. that way the person can keep the country and identity. but otherwise treat it as one would 20 days of absence.

it will have an effect on trade reliability and on alliance membership -- which is the dominant component of Alliance strength.

submitted for your consideration,

unruly

Edited by unruly

Reducing your troops to 0 at home and then tying up an offensive slot is definitely a problem and is using an exploit being that I don't believe the designers of this game thought of that. I would suggest that instead of stopping the attacker from launching ground attacks with more then 97% of odds, allow the attack but there will be no gain to the attacker just loss to the defender. It doesn't make sense that a real life attack would just not be able to go ahead because all the defenders troops ran away. Once a nation reaches levels of 0 infra and 0 tech that nation is done and removed from the game.

Perhaps with 0 troops to defend it should be considered that the attacker has free will to attack and now the defenders citizens have to rise up to protect themselves with very poor odds.

Reducing your troops to 0 at home and then tying up an offensive slot is definitely a problem and is using an exploit being that I don't believe the designers of this game thought of that. I would suggest that instead of stopping the attacker from launching ground attacks with more then 97% of odds, allow the attack but there will be no gain to the attacker just loss to the defender. It doesn't make sense that a real life attack would just not be able to go ahead because all the defenders troops ran away. Once a nation reaches levels of 0 infra and 0 tech that nation is done and removed from the game.

Perhaps with 0 troops to defend it should be considered that the attacker has free will to attack and now the defenders citizens have to rise up to protect themselves with very poor odds.

I think that after you get 0 infra and tech, you should get an e-mail, then when you log on it should have an event or message saying 'Sir, this is your top advisor and the citizens are panicking. You have no infrastructure or technology, and unless you make a decision in the next three days, your people will run in fear and our nation will be destroyed. You can either beg for mercy from (nation that put zi'd you) or abandon the nation completely. It's your choice.'

asking for mercy would give the attacking nation an option to send them maybe 5 infra and 1 tech. they could say yes or no.

I think that after you get 0 infra and tech, you should get an e-mail, then when you log on it should have an event or message saying 'Sir, this is your top advisor and the citizens are panicking. You have no infrastructure or technology, and unless you make a decision in the next three days, your people will run in fear and our nation will be destroyed. You can either beg for mercy from (nation that put zi'd you) or abandon the nation completely. It's your choice.'

asking for mercy would give the attacking nation an option to send them maybe 5 infra and 1 tech. they could say yes or no.

Great idea except that doesn't deal with the exploit of purposely reducing troops levels to 0 in order to stop anymore attacks. I think this exploit needs to be dealt with.

Great idea except that doesn't deal with the exploit of purposely reducing troops levels to 0 in order to stop anymore attacks. I think this exploit needs to be dealt with.

except this "exploit" still destroys your nation through defeat alerts. they can also still lob nukes, CM's and air attacks at you. The only thing that changes at 0 soldiers is you don't lose as much infra/tech/land/money if you have multiple people attacking you, and they don't get any of it. That is hardly an exploit, IMO.

Well, CN:TE already has one procedure in which a nation can't decommision tanks nor release soldiers when it has conducted attacks within the previous 48 hours. It shouldn't be too much of a coding problem to have peace automatically declared after two days of a nation going Zombie, ie allowing his troop level to remain at zero.

This isn't CN:S in which nations are trying to build and cooperate. This is CN:TE. This venue is designed in such a way that fighting is encouraged. Having an attacked nation go zombie and ty up an offensive slot just doesn't make sense for a variant of CN in which fighting is supposedly encouraged by the design.

My suggestion would be to have the game automatically declare peace after a nation has gone zombie for two days. The definition of Zombie being a situation in which the defending nation has zero soldiers for 48 hours or more. Or allow the attacking nation to score double the destruction of infras, and double the amount of land captured, and tech stolen after a nation goes Zombie.

If you don't want to fight, attack or be attacked, CN:TE is not the place to be.

The tactics of war would change drastically, and such wars as you see now on MHA would be ridiculous curb stomps. Nations currently can keep slots occupied for their alliance on purpose. If this was changed then you'd simply let people roll the entire alliance in a matter of a week instead of 3.

TE currently is not utter chaos, its a delicately balanced war zone. If you want utter chaos you might as well implement this along with some other changes putting the aggressors at the helm.

also, its a good thought..

instead 0tech/0infra/0land and you get defeat message that allows you to "restart" your nation?

still presents problem that lonewolf presented however.

possibly options for "restarting" where you can conserve remains and have it asbonus for reroll, or have "go out in a blaze of glory" and destroy x land/tech/infra/military of an enemy?

offtopic, but i think that "raiding" should be the alternative to "not attacking a turtle".

i find turtling to be offensive to the attacker. :lol:

(to balance just make the strength range of nations "much" lower, hell make it so you can attack anyone stronger than yourself but have a stronger limit to those weaker than yourself)

• 1 month later...

here is a simple alternative:

each day at 0 troops counts double towards country expiration and towards war ending

thought about have the undefended nation become a colony and get absorbed after 5 days at 0 troops, but then realized that might set the ultimate problem of war slot filling.

To illustrate, I'm nursing three zombies: each at 0 troops. it makes the game glacial -- which was not the goal of CN:TE.

Edited by unruly

• 2 weeks later...

How about if a nation has gone inactive during war with little or no troops, the remains become absorbed into the winning nation. So that for example, if I tech raid you and after say four days of complete inactivity your nation surrenders and becomes part of mine, I get your tech, infra, land, citizens etc etc or a large percentage of it.

The loosing nation should have a warning option towards the end to either accept surrender giving me their stuff and the opportunity to re-roll or buy troops to defend themselves.

Peace options could remain the same.